Creative ways to beat an immortal

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Creative ways to beat an immortal

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:26 am

I didn't put this in the inverse section because, this might go beyond the Dragon world, like I wanted to keep it general since we don't know everything about the Dragon world so it might limit some creative ideas. Mods feel free to move it but if you do, delete this part of the description please. :D

I always think you can exhaust an immortals regeneration by having his cells regenerate too fast or too much per second by slashing them so much with a sword that they just explode?

What if you could use sound? A particular frequency to disrupt their regeneration or make then bloat like a slug?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Creative ways to beat an immortal

Post by Cetra » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:29 am

Convince him to join you.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:04 am

Shoot him into space where he can freeze and drift endlessly through eternity. Like what happened to the guy below:

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Kars
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:52 am

Being on a higher rank then the immortal and one shotting him.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:04 am

Being so powerful that you can take away his immortality (not via a wish like the Dragon Balls)

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:03 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Being so powerful that you can take away his immortality (not via a wish like the Dragon Balls)
Reminds me of Aang from the last airbender
Kuro Tenshi

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Depends on what kind of immortality the enemy has. I found a list of immortality types that I'll try to go through.

Type A: Age immortality, which means you can't die from becoming too old.
This is basically Master Roshi immortality. You can beat these people like you can any other enemy.

Type B: No-regen immortality, which means you can't die, but your body can be destroyed.
The best way to beat an immortal like this is simply to obliterate the body and then bury the remaining pieces.

Type C: Regen immortality, which means your body heals itself from all damage.
This requires more creativity. This is the kind of immortality Future Zamasu has. One way to beat this kind of immortal is to seal them away indefinitely. An Evil Containment Wave (Mafuba) works nicely there. You could also annihilate the immortal's body down to a small piece and then trap that piece in a continuously harming environment. For example, you destroy Future Zamasu so that only a finger is left, and then you put that finger in the centre of the sun. The finger will continue to regenerate, while the sun will continue to vapourise the finger. It's a dangerous equivalence, but it works.

Type D: God-given immortality, which means that you're immortal unless killed by a power greater than what granted you immortality to begin with.
Future Zamasu might count here as well, under the fact that his immortality was granted by Super Shenron, created by Zarama, the Dragon God. If this is the case, then Future Zamasu will still die if the power used to kill him exceeds Zarama's power. This would mean that Zen'ou could delete Future Zamasu from existence and he would actually die from it.

Type E: Actual immortality, which means that you literally cannot die.
This one is more about invincibility than immortality, really. If the enemy has this, the only solution is the indefinite seal from Type C.

Type F: Soul immortality, meaning that when your body is destroyed, you can jump to another. Also known as parasitic immortality.
This one seems a bit like Baby, except even worse. I'm not sure what you could do to stop this kind of immortal spirit. Trap it in a dimension from which it cannot escape? Assuming it can always find another body to possess, someone might just have to sacrifice themself and get banished to a place it's not possible to return from, where they would then die. It's both paradoxical and dark, but I don't know another way.

Type G: Undeath. Undead beings such as vampires and ghosts cannot be killed unless a specific weakness is used.
Including this here is a bit strange, but I'll cover it. It's a little bit like how Kid Buu could only be killed by having all of his matter get atomised at the same time under the Super Spirit Bomb.

Type H: Reliant immortality, which is that you're immortal as long as something else maintains its current state.
See Voldemort and the horcruxes. Destroy that "something else" to win.

The creativity usually comes from mixing two or more of these types of immortality. Before we got to know who Black really was, I speculated that Zamasu's immortality was a mix of Type C and Type H, and that if Black was killed, Zamasu would stop being immortal. This is not the case, but it would be a pretty different way of defeating a main villain. It seems he's Type C and maybe also Type D instead, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:40 pm

Alruneia wrote:*snippity snipper*
I'll have to use this sometime. Thanks a lot for the list! :mrgreen:
On the original topic, I basically agree with Alruneia's post on all of it.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Wish for that person to become mortal again and then kill them.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Anti immortal swords should exist
Kuro Tenshi

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Wish for that person to become mortal again and then kill them.
This is what I was going to suggest.

Alternatively, drop them in a black hole.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:04 pm

Wish them into a vegetable.

confine him forever in his immortal body.

May sound warped and twisted, but if you were trunks and black/ zama killed your mother... it's okay.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:03 pm

Tickle him.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:34 am

They could seal an immortal away in another dimension, possibly even having "All-Chan" destroy that dimension afterwards. You could drain him of his energy and make him as weak as a paraplegic. Wish him into an inanimate object (Although that may not work after Buu tried doing that with Vegeto).

Honestly, I think that if
Zamasu and Black fuse then they will lose the immortality and it will be their downfall.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Monster Carrot's Carrot Touch power would be one possibility. None of the victims who were metamorphosed exhibited any symptomatic indicators of consciousness retainability. What would be interesting to experiment with is the regenerative perk of the immortality granted to Zamasu. Is this trait retained when compositional integrity becomes unstable? His clothing had apparently been restored to its undamaged state despite it being an external accessory that's unattached from Zamasu's body. The soul of the victim is presumably still contained within the carrot as Bulma became herself again once the technique was dispelled. So the implication I'm getting is the regeneration would be functional despite being transformed into an inanimate object. Just imagine Monster Carrot taking a disturbing bite of the carrot and then a moment later the carrot's lower point has been restored as if it hadn't been eaten. What of the segment that was devoured? I assume it would be digested without any hindrances since it doesn't contain Zamasu's full consciousness. Devouring the carrot wholly likely wouldn't be enough to completely destroy it as the digestive process would be counteracted through continual regeneration. Fortunately, the immediate threat should be gone regardless.

The second would entail a process that's a bit macabre from an outsider's perspective but should hopefully be effective. First, you ask the assistance of someone who is capable of materialisation sorcery to conjure a geometrically cubed encasement of Katchin with a hollowed out interior. The architectural specifications need to be exact for this to work correctly. Conical entrapments made of Katchin that encompass the circumference of Zamasu's legs but constrict to the point of immobilisation, ideally a wedge situated around the ankles and feet because they're the largest protrusions to jut out from the legs, to prevent him from manoeuvring with his lower body. The same could be provided to obstruct the arms and hands as well; only the wedge would be situated around the wrists. Finally we come to the most crucial portion of the trap which is the head. Since Zamasu is technically capable of teleportation, what would need to be done is the severing of electrical signals to the rest of the body via decapitation. In the process of trapping Zamasu, the head is placed within a dimensionally accurate but airtight closed encasement above the body. Should physical exertion be necessary for the decapitation, the conjurer would have to include a compartmental area in the interior partition just below the head encasement with a horizontally positioned makeshift guillotine of Katchin sharpened to the thinnest dimensions on its edge aimed directly at the neck with a lever on the external segment of the Katchin encasement available that the conjurer is able to use in swiftly disconnecting the head from the body and manoeuvring the final portion of the metallic imprisonment in place. You might be saying that Zamasu could still teleport only his head out and promptly restore the entirety of his body. Well this is accounting for that as well. We know Zamasu's body is vulnerable to gaseous substances. Well in the process of entrapping his body, the conjurer would immerse the interior of the Katchin, both the body, limbs, and head segments, with anesthetic, hallucinogenic, and physically deteriorative chemical agents. Let's see Zamasu recover when he has perpetual white phosphorus, sarin gas, and 3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate with extremely high toxicity amounts coursing throughout his system permanently within an airtight environment devoid of any sensation besides agony thanks to the agents. Of course for this to work the conjurer has to be precise in conjuring the Katchin perfectly accurate on top of Zamasu so his extremities are positioned directly where they need to be.

My third suggestion involves the utilisation of Guldo's time freeze and the cyborgs' infinite energy reactors. Summon one of the dragons to grant you knowledge of the temporal technique then have Bulma create a reactor similar to #18 and #17's. What occurs next is obvious with the time-freeze being used to permanently immobilise Zamasu. It would require perpetual concentration and the world itself would be frozen in time, but Zamasu would technically be thwarted. Now if you're seeking only the immobilistion of Zamasu then you would someone need to keep just Zamasu in a perpetually frozen state in time.

Fourth, allow Buu to absorb Zamasu. The Kaioshin is unable to harm anyone if he's permanently contained within Buu's body as an unconcious absorption pod.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Petrify them. They'd technically be still alive, but stuck in a position of total immobility.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

NovaSayajinGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by NovaSayajinGoku » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Mafuba....

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Smoke grenades...............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t2zDphf4bo (1:26)

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:18 pm

I feel like there's a non-zero chance

Alehandrew

Post by Alehandrew » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Have the only friend of the Omni King push his personal immediate help button to solve the problem.