Has Majin Buu become less special because of the intro of Gods/Kai's?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Has Majin Buu become less special because of the intro of Gods/Kai's?

Post by precita » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Majin Buu for the longest time was the most powerful being in the universe, even stronger than Kaioshin himself. (And that was only Fat Buu's original form no less, even before Super Buu).

Super Buu especially was incredibly powerful that they needed a fusion of Goku and Vegeta to stand a chance. But now since the introduction of Beerus, Whis, all the other Gods, etc...it seems Majin Buu really wasn't as powerful as we thought.

I mean I know we say this everytime a new villain comes out of nowhere after a previous one, there was a time we all thought Freeza on Namek could never be surpassed...but here we go. But it just seems weird for Buu especially.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Re: Has Majin Buu become less special because of the intro of Gods/Kai's?

Post by Tyro » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:00 pm

You said it yourself: Boo was the prior arc's main villain. At least Super is doing him the favor of having the new villains be like "Oh yeah, Majin Boo... I've heard of him."

I don't think he's less special because of the new material.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:50 pm

Dude this is how db been from the start :eh: freeza was the emperor of the universe,next arc became fodder,cell the perfect being, next arc became a nobody hell buu wasn't worth shit when guys like rildo, baby, super 17 and the shadow dragons came along in Gt.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:58 pm

Boo is still worthy of respect. He's an overwhelmingly powerful being, and according to Toriyama, a primordial force of the universe and incarnation of chaos. Even if there's like, 10 beings more powerful than him, or even 20, or even 100... he can still blow away entire galaxies with his power. That's nothing to sneeze at. He's among the top 99% of strongest beings in the multiverse.

Majin Boo might have been unbelievable and overwhelming at one point, but that's what Dragon Ball is all about. Son Goku works hard and succeeds in achieving new heights he had previously thought impossible. Now, the idea of fighting Majin Boo isn't so uncanny anymore, even though it used to be excruciating and desperate, and that's pretty inspiring IMO.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:23 pm

This thread makes no sense. Gods/Kais have appeared long before Boo was a thing, and even if you only count gods, still before the saiyan Raditz (whose appearance marked the split between original DB and DBZ) was a thing. Also that before Beerus was created as a characted, all of the gods were weaker than Boo.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:41 pm

No he's still just as special. It's unfortunate that Super is unsure how to use him effectively: Nigh Invulnerable, almost endless stamina, absorption, magic materialism. At the very least he's perfect for a distraction against even Gods since he's just about impossible to put down. Unlike every other ally in the series not Goku and Vegeta, he can keep punching past his weight class, and that's why he will never be less special no matter what.