Shueisha's 'Dragon Ball' Room, New Department Focused on Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Shueisha's 'Dragon Ball' Room, New Department Focused on Dragon Ball

Post by shinmaru » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Yes! Very good news looks like Dragon Ball will live on and this means that all this Super stuff was just a warm up :D

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:07 am

Cetra wrote:I hope this means more GT stuff/connections. But I guess people already figured that much about me.
Nobody really knows what this means, and even if they did include GT, it would look inconsistent and sloppy. At this point, I don't even care what they do; it's completely irrelevant to me, and makes absolutely no sense.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:05 am

More GT! More SSJ4. It's the favored transformation. GT is better to expand on, unlike Super which (all the arcs besides the Zamasu arc) have been trash.

Maybe, they can re-do Super like the manga, and ACTUALLY choreography the fights as it's done in the MANGA. Modern Toei going on their own path is just ugly. :problem:

With this new Room, I sure as hope heck they give us the real Vegeta design too. Bring back this Vegeta please, i'm sick of death looking at how Vegeta is mostly drawn in Super

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:17 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:More GT! More SSJ4. It's the favored transformation. GT is better to expand on, unlike Super which (all the arcs besides the Zamasu arc) have been trash.

Maybe, they can re-do Super like the manga, and ACTUALLY choreography the fights as it's done in the MANGA. Modern Toei going on their own path is just ugly. :problem:

With this new Room, I sure as hope heck they give us the real Vegeta design too. Bring back this Vegeta please, i'm sick of death looking at how Vegeta is mostly drawn in Super

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I'd LOVE to see the return of SSJ4 in the anime

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:More GT! More SSJ4. It's the favored transformation. GT is better to expand on, unlike Super which (all the arcs besides the Zamasu arc) have been trash.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I'd love to see more non-canon material

no sarcasm
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I'd love to see more non-canon material

no sarcasm
As long as he wouldn't be as weak and slow as he's in GT and wouldn't need to be chibi Goku to go SSJ4, why not? But honestly, I'd prefer new ideas before rehashing existing ones. We however don't even know if this room will contribute to new ideas. I re-read the press release, and it doesn't outright say that.
It says:
"Its goal is to break down barriers between departments to expand and optimize the globally popular Dragon Ball franchise."...“in practical terms you can think of it as handling both the rights and editing."

So, its primar task is handling the rights, then the next one is editing. Nowhere is it written that it will be handling new mangas, ideas or any of that sort, is there? Or does "handling editing" mean that?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:36 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:More GT! More SSJ4.
GT had a unique style and tone that I doubt could be done today.

If they did go back to GT we'd get another Super with a GT paint job which I doubt is what we want.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:40 pm

sintzu wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:More GT! More SSJ4.
GT had a unique style and tone that I doubt could be done today.

If they did go back to GT we'd get another Super with a GT paint job which I doubt is what we want.
Id' hate that because while GT is okay it has its major flaws (Goku Time) with DBS' influence it'd actually become terrible lik the casual fans claim GT is

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Did this seriously have to turn into a shit on Super thread?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:04 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote: With this new Room, I sure as hope heck they give us the real Vegeta design too. Bring back this Vegeta please, i'm sick of death looking at how Vegeta is mostly drawn in Super

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You wont t be getting this design as long as Yamamuro remains attached to the franchise.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:11 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote: With this new Room, I sure as hope heck they give us the real Vegeta design too. Bring back this Vegeta please, i'm sick of death looking at how Vegeta is mostly drawn in Super

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You wont t be getting this design as long as Yamamuro remains attached to the franchise.
Why can't he draw Vegeta like the Buu Saga and Movies 12/13? I don't get it.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:31 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote: Why can't he draw Vegeta like the Buu Saga and Movies 12/13? I don't get it.
Art evolution.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote: Why can't he draw Vegeta like the Buu Saga and Movies 12/13? I don't get it.
Art evolution.
Hardly call if evolution, more like a downgrade.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:41 pm

I hope the new room does an OVA.
Last edited by Bansho64 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:47 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Art evolution.
Evolution applies for both updrades and downgrades.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:23 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Art evolution.
They should just stick with the original art from Toriyama or Toyotaro and not go with their own artistic style, if possible.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:30 am

shinmaru wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
They should just stick with the original art from Toriyama or Toyotaro and not go with their own artistic style, if possible.
It's not possible, drawing episodes is a totally different process from comics. The key to great animation is playing to each animator's strengths. There needs to be variation, something that neither Yamamuro nor Toriyama's work readily allow for.
Retired.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:46 am

So, we might b getting the Dragonball equivalent to the Star Wars Expanded Universe? Sounds great, Expanded Universe allowed a lot of great material to be produced (KOTOR, SWTOR, CLone Wars, Thrawn, ect), this could be great for Dragonball.... Or to slow choking death of it. Interesting either way.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:21 am

Hopefully, with this Dragon Ball Room, we won't have issues with video-games having the latest content from Super like XenoVerse 2 has (which only has Final Form Frost, base/SS Cabba, and base Black from Super, and as DLC on top of that). With this, the developers can be aware of the future of the series, and have new content ready.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:23 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Did this seriously have to turn into a shit on Super thread?
It happens to every thread sooner or later...