Guess That Quote V2 (Round 39)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 11)

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:45 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Wait, you're allowed to make multiple guesses? That's OP as hell if you can just spam guesses.
If it's confirmed as wrong. If the host doesn't say anything, then you can't guess until next round.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Bansho64
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 11)

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:46 pm

Yeah, my bad guys. I'll just make one from now on :D

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 12)

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Hmm...thinking about it now, I'd say Slangh should get +2 points rather than Ultimate getting +1. He came later, but he was also more specific about the context.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 8)

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:51 pm

Round 12:
Really? Well... Maybe a little stronger.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:54 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Round 12:
Goku, right before he proceeds to OHKO one of the fighters at the 23rd Budokai with an air shockwave.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Hmm...thinking about it now, I'd say Slangh should get +2 points rather than Ultimate getting +1. He came later, but he was also more specific about the context.
I'll give Slangh +1 point since they correctly guessed the context before the round ended.
MyAnimeList | AniList

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Goku, right before he proceeds to OHKO one of the fighters at the 23rd Budokai with an air shockwave.
Nope, think much later in the series.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Wild guess, but Freeza?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:57 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
Nope, think much later in the series.
Oh, ok...Goku, while trying to get a reasonable score on the punching machine. He holds back a little too much, gets a low score, then gets something really high on the next swing.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Goku talking to Karin after he tells him that Cell's still stronger.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:03 pm

You guys are getting warmer, but still too early. Fionordequester is the closest right now.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:07 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:You guys are getting warmer, but still too early. Fionordequester is the closest right now.
Hmm...then...I'll guess Mr. Buu, while he's taking the "beat the Bruce Lee-knockoff in a fight" challenge. Gets loads of money from his inevitable victory.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:You guys are getting warmer, but still too early. Fionordequester is the closest right now.
Hmm...then...I'll guess Mr. Buu, while he's taking the "beat the Bruce Lee-knockoff in a fight" challenge. Gets loads of money from his inevitable victory.
Now you're too late, I'll throw out a little hint: The line is in the Fusion Saga.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:15 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: Now you're too late, I'll throw out a little hint: The line is in the Fusion Saga.
OH I KNOW! That was Trunks, as he was trying to claim that Ultimate Gohan "might" be as strong as Gotenks! Gotten corrects him, and Trunks is forced to concede Gohan's superiority. This was in... Episode 232?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Now you're too late, I'll throw out a little hint: The line is in the Fusion Saga.
OH I KNOW! That was Trunks, as he was trying to claim that Ultimate Gohan "might" be as strong as Gotenks! Gotten corrects him, and Trunks is forced to concede Gohan's superiority. This was in... Episode 232?
You got it! Not sure about the episode, though.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:43 pm

I checked DBZ #232, and it is not the one in question. Still, +2.
MyAnimeList | AniList

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I checked DBZ #232, and it is not the one in question. Still, +2.
What happens if the winner doesn't post a quote for a while?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:48 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:What happens if the winner doesn't post a quote for a while?
If 24 hours passes, someone else can take the next round. This qualifies as a pass, albeit a non-specified one.
Last edited by Anime Kitten on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 13)

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Alright alright, hold your horses :D

Round 14
???: Ergh, strong power...CAN'T SHAKE IT!!

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 13)

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Alright alright, hold your horses :D

Round 14
???: Ergh, strong power...CAN'T SHAKE IT!!
Goku attempting to escape from Ginyu's headlock during their battle on Namek?