CN has gotten rid of their last anime (No DB on CN)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

CN has gotten rid of their last anime (No DB on CN)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:52 pm

So, this friday my pal mecha 3000 has informed me CN has gotten rid of their last anime of their schedule. Pokemon. This is a twilight for Anime on TV. Can Disney XD be a proper home for anime? Will other channels follow Disney XD's Example? Or CN's?

I always said that CN doesnt care for anime but I never expected this to happen...

LINK HERE: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... on/.108938
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: CN has gotten rid of their last anime (No DB on CN)

Post by gokaiblue » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:58 pm

Don't they still have Beyblade or something?
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Disney XD has that one too!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... er/.107846

Dont you just love the smell of change? Times! They are a changin!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:33 am

All that has to happen now is for Disney XD to not be basic Cable TV and it will be all set. And get Yu-Gi-Oh! from Nick.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:25 pm

simtek34 wrote:All that has to happen now is for Disney XD to not be basic Cable TV and it will be all set. And get Yu-Gi-Oh! from Nick.
It can happen. I remember when regular Disney Channel was a premium channel. You would get free weekends like you sometimes do with HBO and Showtime.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:37 pm

Toonami and by extension Adult Swim is still part of Cartoon Network, they aren't separate channels, just time blocks within it.

Anime is still on the channel, and Kai is still airing on it.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:44 am

Well looks like Justice League Action is airing Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network so they are still featuring action cartoons at least. As for anime, I still doubt they care to feature anything that isn't a Warner-based production OR is a foreign anime-like production. But I guess it'd be nice for DB Super to air alongside JL Action, but like I said: I doubt it and still feel like Super will probably air on Nick or Toonami. Still, I can't completely rule out CN (even though they took their last anime Pokemon off the network and never really cared about it).

DrSlump

Post by DrSlump » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:59 am

1. I don't see what this has to do with Dragon Ball since it's on Toonami with high ratings for the block.
2. Does Super really need to be aired in a kid friendly time slot likely being censored? Kids these days still know about Dragon Ball (I heard a primary school student talk about it with his friend in public the other day for example) and most youth tend to watch digital media then normal television anyway.

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:45 pm

DrSlump wrote:1. I don't see what this has to do with Dragon Ball since it's on Toonami with high ratings for the block.
2. Does Super really need to be aired in a kid friendly time slot likely being censored? Kids these days still know about Dragon Ball (I heard a primary school student talk about it with his friend in public the other day for example) and most youth tend to watch digital media then normal television anyway.
Toei are adamant about DBS being aired on a kids tv channel.
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Hello, Dr Slump and welcome to Kanzenshuu! I think you are right. Dragon Ball is doing great on Adult Swim and there doesnt seem to be a need for a kids channel to air it...yet I still want to see it happen. I want lots of kids to get into Super LOL.