Is there only one Supreme Kai of Time through all 12 universes?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AlexJunin

Is there only one Supreme Kai of Time through all 12 universes?

Post by AlexJunin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:59 am

I was thinking.
The time in DB flows in a single direction in all universes, it doesn't make sense that only exist one Supreme Kai of Time handling the Time Flow of all universes?

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Is there only one Supreme Kai of Time through all 12 universes?

Post by phattangent » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:57 pm

I'm not sure if there is a God of Time... However, we do know that Angels have some rudimentary control over the flow of time.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:41 am

phattangent wrote:I'm not sure if there is a God of Time... However, we do know that Angels have some rudimentary control over the flow of time.
He's speaking about the Kaioujikan Chronoa, Kaioshin of Time. She's a cute lil' shinjin central to the plot of the "Xeno" branch of the franchise (DB Online, DB Xenoverse 1 & 2, DB Heroes).

I'd argue that it seems logical that only one Tokitoki (the living source of time that Chronoa is appointed to breed) should exist per multiverse, but if the Zenou themselves are many in the timelines, I think multiple instances of Tokitoki and Chronoa could exist. And, if we take the whole omniverse (meaning, the fractured timelines, tie-ins, spin-offs and any other DB narrative ever made officially), it's almost sure there are many instances of the pair.

Also, why isn't this topic on the In Universe board?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Considering the Supreme Kai of Time also deal with matters that affect all of the timeline, I figure should be the main figurehead for anything time-related in the multiverse. I mean, she also has the warriors of the Time Patrol, which include Future Trunks, to back her up and clean up any distortions in history, so it's not like she's working alone.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:18 pm

She sounds like the kind of character who could have helped out Trunks and Mai, and deserves to be in manga/anime canon.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.