Brazilian and Hungarian Dub Questions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Brazilian and Hungarian Dub Questions

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Heard two interesting things about these dubs.

In the Brazilian dub, Selypa is voiced by a man? In the Hungarian dub, Dodoria is said to be a woman? Anyone know if this is true?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Brazilian and Hungarian Dub Questions

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:11 pm

I know its off topic, but I LOVE YOUR AVI!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:50 pm

Yeah, in the first dub Selypa/Seripa/Fasha was made by a man. Rodrigo Andreatto. His also known to give his voice to Alphonse Elric, Uub and Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh GX. He also made Kid Vegeta (and grown up, in Bardock's vision) in this dub.

We have two versions of Bardock's TV Special in Brasil. The first one is full of mistakes and voice changes. Raquel Marinho, for example, who was always the actress responsible for ChiChi, gave her voice to Bulma, and Gohan wasn't made by Vagner Fagundes.
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:58 pm

Trickster wrote:Yeah, in the first dub Selypa/Seripa/Fasha was made by a man. Rodrigo Andreatto. His also known to give his voice to Alphonse Elric, Uub and Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh GX. He also made Kid Vegeta (and grown up, in Bardock's vision) in this dub.

We have two versions of Bardock's TV Special in Brasil. The first one is full of mistakes and voice changes. Raquel Marinho, for example, who was always the actress responsible for ChiChi, gave her voice to Bulma, and Gohan wasn't made by Vagner Fagundes.
Is the first version on DVD anywhere? Would like to hear all the mistakes and such.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:32 pm

I heard that Brazil had several DB dubs from different companies. They were listed, but the thread the post was in was lost due to a hacker. Can someone bring me up to speed on the various Brazilian DB dubs, which ones had a cast consistent with other DB dubs, which are uncut, which are the most accurate, etc.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:41 am

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:Heard two interesting things about these dubs.

In the Brazilian dub, Selypa is voiced by a man? In the Hungarian dub, Dodoria is said to be a woman? Anyone know if this is true?
Yes, Dodoria was voiced by a woman (Emma Bessenyei) in the Hungarian dub. he was also voiced by a woman in the Greek dub (I think it was Matina Karra).

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:56 am

Trickster wrote:Yeah, in the first dub Selypa/Seripa/Fasha was made by a man. Rodrigo Andreatto. His also known to give his voice to Alphonse Elric, Uub and Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh GX. He also made Kid Vegeta (and grown up, in Bardock's vision) in this dub.

Rodrigo also did kid Vegeta in some of the Z flashbacks too.

In the TV version of the Bardock special Selypa was dubbed by Tatiane Keplmair, who also did many anime roles like Catherine Bloom in Gundam Wing, Sakura in Naruto series, Rukia in Bleach, Kuina and Tashigi in One Piece, among others.

And in the first version of the Trunks special, Gohan was dubbed by Yuri Chesman, who also did his teen voice in the Z TV series between episodes 185 and 199.
Danfun64 wrote:I heard that Brazil had several DB dubs from different companies. They were listed, but the thread the post was in was lost due to a hacker. Can someone bring me up to speed on the various Brazilian DB dubs, which ones had a cast consistent with other DB dubs, which are uncut, which are the most accurate, etc.
Only the original Dragon Ball and some of the movies(the two TV Z specials, the 1st 3 DB movies and Z Movie 3, and Battle of Gods) have more than one dub. Some of those dubs were did for Home vídeo or TV releases.

There is another topic here on Kanzenshuu with most of the international dubs(including all the brazilian ones) listed. Here:
viewtopic.php?t=34946

About accuracy and cast consistent, most of them have a highly accuracy to the japanese dialogues. And the ones did by Alamo, DPN, Unidub and Sigma have almost the same entire cast.

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:03 am

So I'm assuming Alamo did the Bardock dub with all the mistakes?

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:38 am

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:So I'm assuming Alamo did the Bardock dub with all the mistakes?
No, Alamo made the "correct" version, when Cartoon Network exibhited the movie. The first one was made by Parisi Video, and, actually, was the only one that was released in DVD and VHS. It's pretty much easy to find it on internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAefq5m2YuQ
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:14 am

Danfun64 wrote:I heard that Brazil had several DB dubs from different companies. They were listed, but the thread the post was in was lost due to a hacker. Can someone bring me up to speed on the various Brazilian DB dubs, which ones had a cast consistent with other DB dubs, which are uncut, which are the most accurate, etc.
Wasn't that post made again?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:16 am

It was, and SaintEvolution linked to it.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.