Kanzenshuu members' favorite arcs!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Kanzenshuu members favorite arcs! Arc's that got no points!

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Uh, why are you discussing the ROF Arc in a thread that has almost no relation to it?

And you know I was the one who voted for it?

Right?
It does have a relation. I'm going to be ranking it when I get back from school :twisted:
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Kanzenshuu members favorite arcs! Voting's over!

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Khin wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:The one thing the Resurrection F retelling arc did better than the movie, was the ending. Everything else was a giant, hot, steaming pile of fecal matter compared to the movie.

FUCK. THAT. ARC.
I thought the retelling did everything better than the movie barring maybe the animation. The Shenlong wish plothole was fixed, no bullshit 1.3 million line, we got an explanation why Vegeta have the god powers, Goku and Vegeta's training scenes were great, no Shisami putting up a fight against Piccolo out of nowhere, Goten and Trunks actually sensed Ki and came, we got some great Muten Roshi moment for once that is not perverted, Tagoma is miles better than the movie and actually became one of my favorite henchmen, the callback to Goku sparing Freeza when Gohan defeated Ginyu, the infamous ring scene was done better, and I find Vegeta's fight against Freeza much more satisfying.. The only thing that bummed me in the adaption is the main battle and how they ditched the 1-inch punch.

In my opinion, the Super adaption of RoF is way better than the movie. Overall the movie have better animation, but even then it wasn't really anything special and quite dull. Tate's cut in #26 blows everything in the movie out of the water.

As for my favorite arcs, I haven't watch DB and DBZ for a long time so I can't really say anything now. My favorites one as far as I can remember is the Boo, Freeza, and Saiyan, and I dislike the Cell Arc. My favorite arc for Super is easily the Future Trunks Arc, with the Battle of Gods Arc being my least favorite.
The Shelong wish was never an actual plot hole to begin as he granted one before disappearing and then when was summoned again, he just granted the remaining two wishes that never did after being summoned before. There was zero explanation for how Vegeta got God ki beyond training with Whis. Something that already happened in the movie itself. Goten and Trunks arriving to battle contributed nothing other than a dick joke. I also thought the SSJB Vegeta/Golden Freeza beatdown last too long and cathartic feeling of that scene felt lost because the one-sided fight dragged on.

I will agree that the exclusion of 1.3 million line and ring scene were handled better. And while they did more with Tagoma than they did in the movie, they wasted it for Ginyu to return. And they instantly wasted that, too. I personally found Shisami a more interesting henchman than Tagoma in the movie so I was upset his role got demoted in the retelling. I also thought the additional training of Goku and Vegeta was kinda neat.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Kanzenshuu members favorite arcs! Arc's #15-10!

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Let's get right into the rankings!
The Shadow Dragons arc! 1 Point
The Baby arc! 2 Points
The Golden Freeza arc! 5 Points
The Champa arc! 6 Points
The Goku saga! 11 Points
The 21st Tournament arc! 26 Points
I'm a bit sad that the first two arcs only got 37 point between each other.
Tomorrow, we carry on with DB, have a 3 way tie (that ends Super) and get into our first Z related saga.
Last edited by Soppa Saia People on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm disappointed that the ROF and Champa arcs were as low as they were. :cry:

My suggestion for tomorrow's ranking would be to add the number of points alongside the arc title. That way it would look a little more neat.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:27 pm

My Personal Rankings vs Result Predictions

17.RoF//////Super 17
16.Super 17//////Bog
15. BoG/////Shadow Dragons
14. Zamasu //////Baby
13. Universe 6 vs 7 Tournament//////RoF
12. Shadow Dragons///////Universe 6 vs 7 Tournament
11. Baby//////Hunt for the Dragon Balls
10. 22nd Budokai//////21st Budokai
9.Hunt for the Dragon Balls///// Red Ribbon Army
8. Piccolo Daimao/ /////22nd Budokai
7. Android/ /////Piccolo Daimao
6. Boo/ /////23rd Budokai
5. 23rd Budokai/ /////Zamasu
4. Namek/ /////Saiyan
3. Red Ribbon Army/ /////Boo
2. 21st Budokai/ /////Freeza
1. Saiyan/ /////Android
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Darn. I was hoping the 21st tournament would make it higher. Oh well. Number 10 ain't bad I suppose.

This is pretty neat though. It's like our own little DBcember.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:06 pm

The fact that the Baby arc is below ROF is sad.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:27 pm

MajinMan wrote:The fact that the Baby arc is below ROF is sad.
TBF, Baby got more votes. ROF only got 1 vote.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 pm

MarCas92 wrote:My Personal Rankings vs Result Predictions

17.RoF//////Super 17
16.Super 17//////Bog
15. BoG/////Shadow Dragons
14. Zamasu //////Baby
13. Universe 6 vs 7 Tournament//////RoF
12. Shadow Dragons///////Universe 6 vs 7 Tournament
11. Baby//////Hunt for the Dragon Balls
10. 22nd Budokai//////21st Budokai
9.Hunt for the Dragon Balls///// Red Ribbon Army
8. Piccolo Daimao/ /////22nd Budokai
7. Android/ /////Piccolo Daimao
6. Boo/ /////23rd Budokai
5. 23rd Budokai/ /////Zamasu
4. Namek/ /////Saiyan
3. Red Ribbon Army/ /////Boo
2. 21st Budokai/ /////Freeza
1. Saiyan/ /////Android
This isn't a bad idea. If i'm not lazy later, I'll do an equivalent.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Kanzenshuu members favorite arcs! Arc's #10-6!

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:04 pm

#10-5
The Red Ribbon Army arc! (29 points)
The 22nd Tournament, The Piccolo Daimao arc, and The Future Trunks arc (all 34 votes)
The Cell arc! (43 votes)
Tomorrow we finish this.
Last edited by Soppa Saia People on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:10 pm

The Zamasu arc landed itself much lower than were my expectations. In contrast, the Androids arc resulted in a vastly higher position than I expected, as it receives much criticism on this very forum.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:32 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:The Zamasu arc landed itself much lower than were my expectations. In contrast, the Androids arc resulted in a vastly higher position than I expected, as it receives much criticism on this very forum.
TBF, The Cell arc had the least amount of points for the "Z" era.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:58 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:The Zamasu arc landed itself much lower than were my expectations. In contrast, the Androids arc resulted in a vastly higher position than I expected, as it receives much criticism on this very forum.
Vocal minority and in this forum's case, the minorities are the majorities.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:14 pm

Didn't know the 22nd Tournament arc was so loved. I found it good but nothing was really great about it apart from Goku vs Tien, which was a spectacular battle (despite the bullshit ending) and single-handedly propelled the overall quality of the arc.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:20 pm

I thought the 22nd Budokai was incredibly boring and just flat-out mediocre. I'm surprised so many people like it, I've always seen it as the weakest arc in the series, but I thought most people thought it was the weakest tournament arc.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:28 pm

Doctor. wrote:I thought the 22nd Budokai was incredibly boring and just flat-out mediocre. I'm surprised so many people like it, I've always seen it as the weakest arc in the series, but I thought most people thought it was the weakest tournament arc.
22nd tournament is the best tournament. It also has the best fight in the series.
Lord Beerus wrote:Didn't know the 22nd Tournament arc was so loved. I found it good but nothing was really great about it apart from Goku vs Tien, which was a spectacular battle (despite the bullshit ending) and single-handedly propelled the overall quality of the arc.
I'm much more shocked that anything from Super beat out any of the OG arcs. That may be a case of recency bias.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:32 pm

The 22nd tournament is my second favorite arc, so I'm happy to see it get some love. I think there was a miscount in the rankings because there are only 4 arcs left, but the rankings stopped at #6. Unless I'm mistaken of course.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Oh man I missed the deadline
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 pm

MajinMan wrote:The 22nd tournament is my second favorite arc, so I'm happy to see it get some love. I think there was a miscount in the rankings because there are only 4 arcs left, but the rankings stopped at #6. Unless I'm mistaken of course.
The 3 way tie fucked me up. It's fixed now.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Doctor. wrote:I thought the 22nd Budokai was incredibly boring and just flat-out mediocre. I'm surprised so many people like it, I've always seen it as the weakest arc in the series, but I thought most people thought it was the weakest tournament arc.
Yes the tournament with the most character development, the best fights, and best atmosphere is considered the worst.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.