I'm going to love Saturdays as a DB fan

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

I'm going to love Saturdays as a DB fan

Post by mecha3000 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:05 pm

With the: 1.episodes of Dragon Ball Super already coming out of Japan, 2.Dragon Ball Super English dub on Toonami, and 3.Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters on Toonami - Saturdays are going to be me and a lot of other fans' DRAGON BALL DAY.

Also, regarding Dragon Ball Super and Kai's Buu Saga airing on Toonami instead of some other channel - I've actually given it some thought and this is even more of a perfect thing than I had originally considered. The older fans who had watched Z back in the 2000s will tune in for new Dragon Ball AND the newer fans who grew up on Kai in the 2010s will also tune in for new Dragon Ball along with seeing the continuation of Kai. Also, since the fans who watched Kai at 7-9 years old are now going to be 14-16 - They're definitely old enough and aware to watch uncut Super/Kai on Toonami.

So yeah, Toonami will be drawing in both the OLD and NEW generation of Dragon Ball fans. However, gotta admit - Still shocked Super didn't end up airing on Nickelodeon, especially with the toy deal and the fact that Miraculous (a co-Toei production) aired their and also has a toy deal.

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Re: I'm going to love Saturdays as a DB fan

Post by PacificOceanDub » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Can't agree more, I've been imagining TOM sitting in his chair, pressing buttons and talking about new episodes of Dragon Ball Super, and I can't wait! I know they'be been airing Kai for years, but Super is going to be the first time since '04 or '05 that Toonami is going to air something entirely new DB related. I started over with the Pilaf saga over the summer and I'm on Androids right now, desparately trying to finish the series before January 7th!
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:58 pm

I will too. So it's confirmed Super is airing on Saturdays?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

TeeHallums

Post by TeeHallums » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:19 pm

As someone who catalogs all the Dragon Ball content I can find on my computer, my computer weeps for the upcoming Saturdays. The Raw Japanese Super episodes, then the Crunchyroll subs, then the Super Dub, then Boo Kai Dub.
That's 2 Gb a Saturday. And I couldn't be more excited.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:33 pm

It's certainly a more exciting time to be a Dragon Ball fan than it has been for a very long time, and I am definitely pumped for it. While I definitely prefer DBZ subtitled due to the dubs various quality issues, I thoroughly enjoyed Kais dub on Toonami, and generally prefer my anime dubbed anyway.

So yeah, Saturdays are definitely going to be amazing for me as a dragon ball fan next year! :D
-Laserkid

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:04 am

I don't work on Saturday nights, so I have something to look forward on Saturdays after a hard day of work. I still check out the dub to show my support to the series, but I'm not looking forward to re-watching the ROF arc.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/