Kanzenshuu User's Favorite Movies Budokai ROUND 4

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kanzenshuu User's Favorite Movies Budokai ROUND 2~

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:50 am

sangofe wrote:Pick the movies, or pick the matchup? And how many can I pick? I find this whole thing very unclear...
The current matches up for deciding are:

Battle of Gods vs. Resurrection 'F'
Mystical Great Adventure vs. Path to Power
DBZ Movie 1 vs. DBZ Movie 12
DBZ Movie 2 vs. DBZ Movie 11

As you can see, there are two movies listed in each pair. For each of those pairs, pick the one you prefer. That's all there is to it.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:27 am

1. Rof vs BoG.
Battle of Gods is the best DB movie in my opinion, so it wins my vote by default.

2. DB Movie 3 vs DB Movie 4.
DB Movie 3 wins this one. DB Movie 4 looks absolutely stunning, but it is boring. Mystical Adventure is much more interesting and creative.

3. DBZ Movie 1 vs DBZ Movie 12.
DBZ Movie 12 wins. Out of all the original Z movies, Movie 12 is my favorite. Movie 1 is fun and all, but it's not on the same level as Movie 12.

4. DBZ Movie 2 vs DBZ Movie 11.
DBZ Movie 2 wins. I've come to appreciate Movie 11 a lot more in the past year or so, but Movie 2 is just better.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:41 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:
sangofe wrote:Pick the movies, or pick the matchup? And how many can I pick? I find this whole thing very unclear...

As you can see, there are two movies listed in each pair. For each of those pairs, pick the one you prefer. That's all there is to it.
Ohhh. That's a pretty limiting and boring set up.. . But I'll play along. My pick is :

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:43 am

MajinMan wrote:1. Rof vs BoG.
Battle of Gods is the best DB movie in my opinion, so it wins my vote by default.

DB Movie 3 wins this one. DB Movie 4 looks absolutely stunning, but it is boring. Mystical Adventure is much more interesting and creative.

DBZ Movie 12 wins. Out of all the original Z movies, Movie 12 is my favorite. Movie 1 is fun and all, but it's not on the same level as Movie 12.

DBZ Movie 2 wins. I've come to appreciate Movie 11 a lot more in the past year or so, but Movie 2 is just better.
Are you supposed to say this and that wins and comment on all? I thought we were choosing only one match up and that was that?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:04 am

sangofe wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:

Ohhh. That's a pretty limiting and boring set up.. . But I'll play along. My pick is :
No, that's still not right. For every pair, you pick one. You're not picking a match-up. You're picking a winner from the match-ups listed.

For example, the first match is Battle of Gods vs. Resurrection 'F'. Which one of those two do you like better? Pick that one.
Then move on to Mystical Great Adventure vs. Path to Power. Which of those two do you like better? Pick that one.
And so on.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:53 pm

Yeah, think of this as a tournament, movies have been given different spots in a bracket to 'fight' against each other, the victor being whichever gets the most votes.

I posted it earlier but perhaps this graphic can better illustrate just what exactly is going on.
-Laserkid

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Battle of Gods, of course. Resurrection 'F' is barely even a film. No competition.

Path to Power. The production value in that film is unreal, plus I enjoy its take on early Dragon Ball, even if it is heavily abridged.

Movie 1, for me. I dunno what it is about movie 12 that people love so much, but it does absolutely nothing for me. I find it so boring, as are all of the new (see: rehashed) characters.

Movie 2. Movie 11 isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's pretty forgettable. I'm not a fan of Goten and Trunks, so that doesn't exactly play in its favour.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:12 pm

laserkid wrote:Yeah, think of this as a tournament, movies have been given different spots in a bracket to 'fight' against each other, the victor being whichever gets the most votes.

I posted it earlier but perhaps this graphic can better illustrate just what exactly is going on.

Yeahhhhhhhh. That sure helps. I kinda feel embarassed for not understanding before. But I really read over and over...

So.

1. Rof vs BoG.
Bog wins it here for me. Felt much fresher than rof.

Db movie 4 road to strongest is my favorite of it all. It obviously wins.

DBZ Movie 12 wins. This is an epic movie.

Both bad movies, but movie 11's just a bit better.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:32 pm

1. Battle Of Gods - The best movie in the franchise. As much as I love Resurrection F, it's nowhere near as enjoyable as good as that movie.
2. DB Movie 4 - The animation and art direction is stunning in this movie. As fun as Mystical Great Adventure is, I just really love the effort put into the production of the movie, especially considering it's a compilation movie of the first arc in Dragon Ball.
3. DBZ Movie 12 - The animation in this movie gives Path To Power a serious run for its money. Even ignoring that, Janemba was a wonderful character, despite having no personality, there are some really funny moments, the chemistry between Goku and Vegeta was great and Gogeta was awesome for his limited screen time. Plus, seeing Gohan deck Freeza with one punch was cool as shit.
4. DBZ Movie 2 - Some of the best choreographed fights I have ever seen Dragon Ball. Bio-Broly is total bore in comparison. I mean, did we really need a third Broly movie?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:13 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Resurrection 'F' VS Battle of Gods- Resurrection 'F'

I explained my reasoning earlier. I won't be voting on the others because apparently that's not allowed. I still agree strongly and wholeheartedly with what laserkid wrote:
It's really silly to expect absolutely everyone to have seen all of the movies. Many of us HAVE, but not everyone is going to, so do you want the picks of the Kanzenshuu community, or only the picks of a subsection of Kanzenshuu that have seen absolutely everything?
Your putting movies you haven't seen at a disadvantage. That makes sense.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Your putting movies you haven't seen at a disadvantage. That makes sense.
No, it doesn't. That's like saying you can't vote for your favorite characters because you don't know the ones from the movies, OVAs, specials, or games. It's not the Kanzenshuu community's favorites, it's a specific portion of the Kanzenshuu community's favorites.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Your putting movies you haven't seen at a disadvantage. That makes sense.
No, it doesn't. That's like saying you can't vote for your favorite characters because you don't know the ones from the movies, OVAs, specials, or games. It's not the Kanzenshuu community's favorites, it's a specific portion of the Kanzenshuu community's favorites.
That's different. This is movie vs movie, not listing your favorites. Like if I said "What's better, Spider-Man 2 or TASM 2" and if you've only seen one, that's not to fair to the other one. However, if asked you "What's your favorite Spider-Man movie" even if you only saw one of them, it'd would be fine if you said that one.
It's already is, not everyone is voting.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:That's different. This is movie vs movie, not listing your favorites.
It's called "Kanzenshuu User's Favorite Movies Budokai". Notice the lack of "best" in there. For example, I think Zamasu and Garlic Jr. are better villains than Freeza (different debate), but Freeza is my favorite character. There's a marginal difference to be seen.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:00 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:That's different. This is movie vs movie, not listing your favorites.
It's called "Kanzenshuu User's Favorite Movies Budokai". Notice the lack of "best" in there. For example, I think Zamasu and Garlic Jr. are better villains than Freeza (different debate), but Freeza is my favorite character. There's a marginal difference to be seen.
That doesn't change much. It's still movie vs movie. Now if it was listing your favorites, I'd agree with you.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:That doesn't change much. It's still movie vs movie. Now if it was listing your favorites, I'd agree with you.
To be fair, it is listing your favorites - of each match-up. Not necessarily which one is better.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:That doesn't change much. It's still movie vs movie. Now if it was listing your favorites, I'd agree with you.
To be fair, it is listing your favorites - of each match-up. Not necessarily which one is better.
Alright. That's still better the movies you haven't seen at a disadvantage.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:44 pm

That may be true, but barring someone for voting if they haven't seen everything puts whatever that person HAS seen at a disadvantage if they liked it, so that doesn't solve the problem. When you want to ask people what their favorite anything is there's always going to be a million very unfair subjective reasons for why they choose a favorite. The concept of fairness in a favorites poll is just silly, it's an inherently unfair question.
-Laserkid

WobbuSleuth

Post by WobbuSleuth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:52 pm

1) I don't like any of these movies. Not_funny food jokes and not_very_good_animation. But, I would choose something more harmless like Battle of Gods. At least, Beerus was kinda entertaining and that movie didn''t have any stupid sub-plots like RoF did.
2) ...Aaaand this is very tough choice. But, I think, I will stick around with Path to the power. Makafushigi adventure was really great, but it's length doesn't let shine all potential that this movie has. (Setting, re-imagined characters)
3) Movie 1. It's perfect, ignoring some plot-holes.
4) Movie 2. It's perfect, ignoring some plot-holes. (:
Sorry for my bad english. )=

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:45 pm

laserkid wrote:That may be true, but barring someone for voting if they haven't seen everything puts whatever that person HAS seen at a disadvantage if they liked it, so that doesn't solve the problem. When you want to ask people what their favorite anything is there's always going to be a million very unfair subjective reasons for why they choose a favorite. The concept of fairness in a favorites poll is just silly, it's an inherently unfair question.
You got me there. But I do think it's for the best.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:02 pm

Just because I forgot to say, voting for this ends on Friday.

Current Round 2 Votes:

Resurrection F (1) vs Battle of Gods(17)

DB Movie 3(Mystical Adventure)(9) vs DB Movie 4(10th Anniversary)(8)

DBZ Movie 12(Fusion) (9) vs DBZ Movie 1(Garlic Jr)(8)

DBZ Movie 11(Swamp Thing)(2) vs DBZ Movie 2 (Giant Brain in a Jar)(15)

BRACKET:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thanks to Laserkid for the awesome new bracket!
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!