Kanzenshuu memebers favorite characters!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WobbuSleuth

Re: Kanzenshuu memebers favorite characters!

Post by WobbuSleuth » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

1) Goku (Pre-Cell Saga).
It's my FAVORITE main character. He's just so entertaining, cute and cool at the same time. Too bad Toriyama made his character more 2-dimensional and muck more stupid in Cell Saga. (His plan with Gohan's hidden power is laughable, as well as giving Cell senzu bean. In Buu saga he wasn't really annoying or stupid, just boring. It's not Goku. It's bland copy of Goku.) And from Cell Saga to Super it becomes just worse.
2) Master Roshi. Yes, my second favorite character in entire franchise is Master Roshi and I okay with this. Why is it so? To my mind, it's because of his complexity(!). His true character is not very simple, as it seems. It's particuarly obvious during Piccolo Daimao arc. I like his pervert antics, I like his wisdom and experience... And his training with Goku and Kurilin one of my favorite part in franchise. Also, speaking of Piccolo Daimao arc...
3) Piccolo Daimao. He is my favorite villain in entire franchise. He just so good. In my eyes even better than Frieza.
He just so good, that I even can't find right words to describe my feelings toward this character. ^^*
4) Yamcha. I always liked him and I honestly don't know why. He is just so addicting, to my mind. Also, he has many cool techniques like RogaFuFuKen and Soukidan. (=
5) Pan from GT. I like that type of characters. (Lilo, Jade, Gosalyn) (:
Sorry for my bad english. )=

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:04 pm

1. Goku. He's Goku, come on.

2. Bardock. I loved everything about him from the TV Special. Such a shame he'll never meet Goku (Fanfiction exists for that)

3. Vegeta. My favorite Vegeta moments is probably when he's being a family guy (the sillier the better.) Oh yea, his sacrifice is cool too I guess.

4. Piccolo.

5. Goku Black. Sorry, I just love this tan motherfucker.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm

1. Krillin.
Krillin's easily my best boy. Where to even start?
+ He's been through more of a character arc than people give him credit; starting off as a snide, cynical, perverted, underhanded and lazy but talented kid and evolving into the kindest, cunning and most selfless person in the gang.
+ Most talented ki controller.
+ Strongest human
+ Relatable. Wants romance. Wants a family. Fighting isn't everything to him. Looks for the good in people(18, trusts Piccolo and Vegeta far quicker than most the others outside Goku).
+ The Destructo Disc is a cool looking move. In a world full of similar looking blasts and beams, Krillin's trademark skill stands out like a sore thumb.
+ Brave as hell. Doesn't regenerate like Buu or Piccolo, doesn't get zenkai boosts or super forms like the saiyans, still puts life on line to save the Earth.
Once put the protection of a random namekian child he'd met that day above his own safety. Took on Frieza to keep Gohan from getting crushed. Took on Nappa to stop Gohan getting killed. Smashes Recoome's head down to stop Vegeta dying. Tried to fight Cell to keep 18 safe. In the anime filler he tells the others to run whilst he distracts Super Buu. He also takes Kid Buu on filler to keep the other otherworld fighters from dying. Also in filler saves a random girl and her brother from Imperfect Cell.

2. Yamcha
Whilst not quite as selfless as Krillin, Yamcha certainly has his moments. Overall I like how forgiving he is. He bares no ill will towards Vegeta for what happened with Bulma, he even tells Trunks what Vegeta did when Trunks died to Cell, and he doesn't hate Tenshinhan for breaking his leg in the Piccolo Daimou saga. I only wish I could be as chill as this man.
Baseball episode cemented second place for me. Yamcha is surprisingly determined and strong willed in this episode. He quit martial arts, but he refuses to quit the game despite getting insanely injured. He wins the game, and even gets to look cool whilst pitching.

3. Zarbon
Of all the villains Zarbon, perhaps rather weirdly, stands out to me. He gave Vegeta his first true single hand defeat on screen(and I absolutely loathed Vegeta at this point in the story), and seemed to be incredibly competent as a henchman. Hell; technically he only messed up his mission because Frieza changed his mind half way through. The initial order was to dispose of Vegeta. Later Frieza wanted him alive in order to tell them where the Dragonballs were. Also his obsession with beauty is always a trait I've enjoyed in a villain, and unlike Dodoria, the guy seems to have a few layers of character to him that weren't explored.

4. Jaco.
Having read Jaco's manga, prior to his reveal in RoF, his inclusion was probably one of the things I was most hyped for in Super. My favourite 'new' character in Super, I enjoy watching him interact with Bulma, and I can really buy into their friendship.

5. Zamasu
Much like Zarbon, Zamasu has that obsession with beauty going on, but I also liked his original premise; a god who has a sense of justice. I enjoyed him watching his internal struggle trying to understand why the mortals were tolerated by the gods, and had Goku not tried to PUNCH THE GUY as soon as he met him, maybe Zamasu would have been more inclined to listen to Gowasu and not begin to become concerned that mortals now could rival the gods.

Not sure if you're counting past five, but just in case:

6. Gohan. Good natured, more human saiyan. Like Krillin and Yamcha, more relatable than the fight happy lunatics that run rampant in the show.
7. Piccolo. I mean what's not to love about him?
8. Master Roshi. Would be higher but his perv schtick grows older than he is. When he's NOT JUST doing that and is doing something martial artsy though, he's a great character.
9. Android 18. Best girl. Might be slightly bias, but she's no push over like Videl's become, but also not as aggressive as Chi-Chi or Bulma.
10. Nappa. For some reason Nappa was my favourite saiyan even before Team Four Star made him into a goofball idiot. That just cemented his placement. Nappa, for me, is what the Saiyans were suppose to be. Brutal. Uncompromising. A bit mindless and savage. The fanbase seems to have forgotten that sadly.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:36 pm

1. Piccolo. I like his personality and excellent design. All the different moves his has and always has good fights.
Nothing is better then seeing him take off his weights and getting serious.

2. Tien. Once again his attacks and warrior like attitude.

3. Hit. Also his attacks and don't care attitude.

4. Cell. I just like the way he goes around and speaks to people about how 'perfect he is'.

5. Yamcha. Always entertaining and scenes with him are always great.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:31 am

1. By a long shot, Future Trunks, he's always been a favorite of mine, unlike a certain other individual whom calls what he does justice, Trunks actually DOES seek to do justice, and wants to help and protect everyone. He' shown time and time again a willingness to put his life on the line for others, he's a loving person who fights for good. I'd actually buy the infamous ally to good nightmare to you speech if it came from Trunks.

2. Son Goku, since I can't only say kid Goku, I'm listing the whole character here but a HUGE majority of my love for this character does come form his childhood period. If I was to separate Kid Goku out, he'd be at number one. But I can't, so it bumps him down to just below Future Trunks (whom I feel justified in separating from chibi trunks because they're ostensibly different people) because I DO still like his adult form, just not as much. Even as an adult, Goku is always willing to fight to protect his friends and family, and he works his ass off to make sure he can do it.

3. Piccolo, because I'm a sucker for the redeemed villain, and while Vegeta does fit this archetype, Piccolo's self sacrifice always resonated with me more than Vegeta's. Vegeta's sacrifice came immediately following a left turn back into villainy while Piccolo's came as a natural progression, and Piccolo is also an incredibly intelligent fighter that you just got to love.

4. Yamcha, when I was first introduced to Dragon Ball, he was my favorite character and I do still hold fondness for him today, even if he is Toriyama's bitch easily defeated.

5. Son Gohan is a character who has a fascinating character arc that thrills me the entire way. From young and terrified, to a try hard who just couldn't do it, to the savior of the world, to transitioning away from fighting into a scholar, to the world's most amazing dad - I've loved Gohan's entire journey. I am looking forward to seeing what role he will play in the Universe Survival arc, but even if he never really returns to prominence as a fighter, Gohan is still a major character worth loving because he's a loving son, husband, and father, who happens to be the son of the greatest Saiyan who ever lived.
-Laserkid

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:33 am

1. Goku
2. Freeza
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:40 am

1 - Vegeta
2 - Future Gohan
3 - Bardock
4 - Black (Present Zamasu)
5 - Future Trunks
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:16 am

1- Gohan/ Piccolo
Can't pick one, gohan is back in game and piccolo is always fun to watch

2- Db and Z goku
Super goku is kinda retarded

3- Freeza
Who dosen't like such a great villan

4- Roshi
Him getting serious buff mode is a sight I always liked, and super gave that to me oh so nicely

5- Krillin
He is dependable character
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:21 am

Freeza -
Easily the best character in the series. Cold and charismatic.

Vegeta -
Best Z Fighter. He's different from everyone else since he's a born sociopath. Plus, he wasn't even a true hero until the Kid Boo fight.

Piccolo -
Unlike Vegeta, Piccolo just seems conflicted, even during the 23rd. He would be the best Z Fighter if not for the Boo Arc ruining him.

Piccolo Daimao -
Second best villain after Freeza.

Krillin -
Best human Z Fighter.

Roshi -
You can really connect to him during the 21st.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:43 am

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Future Trunks
4. Piccolo (Junior)
5. Android 18
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:51 am

1.Goku
2.Kame Senin
3.Tao Pai Pai
4.Goku Black
5.Vegeta

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:29 pm

1. Gohan.
2. Future trunks.
3. Hit
4. Vegeta
5. Gotenks.
BTW, I think the voting should last a little longer. We haven't got much votes yet.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:20 am

1. Gohan = which is weird because I find Goku as the heart of Dragon Ball, without him Dragon Ball is simply not the same anymore, but Gohan has this charisma in him of despite being a failure in both fighting and replacing Goku as the main character in Cell saga he still remains as my #1

2. Goku = He's the heart and soul of Dragon Ball, watching him grow from start to finish was one of the best memories I have watching anime as a kid and even now with Super (tho I prefer his personality in the manga, the anime still does him justice from time to time)

3. Goku Black = Previously my #4 but jumped straight to #3, is there nothing not lovable about this arsehole? he's by far the perfect antagonist that DB has made!

4. Krillin = Goku's best friend and the main reason why I like this bald mf is he's the main reason why Goku goes to rage mode, against King Piccolo and Freeza, like I have the same feeling he'll pull another emotional scene this upcoming US arc.

5. Roshi = Goku's master in the early DB saga, sure he's a pervy old man but despite being pervy he's still wise, I like wise characters that doesnt look like it but actually is.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:29 am

kinisking wrote:1. Gohan.
2. Future trunks.
3. Hit
4. Vegeta
5. Gotenks.
BTW, I think the voting should last a little longer. We haven't got much votes yet.
Extend to the 28th.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:44 am

1. Son Goku: The heart and soul of Dragon Ball, Goku's childish and lackadaisical demeanor and obliviousness to societal norms makes him an endless fountain of entertainment. While not as deep as some, he does have his gems of character development. As Vegeta once said, "You are Number 1!"

2. Kuririn: It would make sense for Goku's best friend to make the number two spot. His intelligent and unscrupulous demeanor during his youth makes him an excellent foil and rival for the wide-eyed and innocent-to-a-fault Goku, and his plucky every-man persona and his struggles to keep up and survive among a cavalcade of far stronger opponents during the latter portions of the series leave us with a relatable and endearing character.

3. Piccolo: In my opinion, Piccolo has the best redemption arc of the entire series. His journey from a cackling demonic overlord to the stern, taciturn protector that he is today is wonderful, as is his friendship with the main character's son, Son Gohan. Not to mention that, from his appearance to his powers, Piccolo is just cool.

4. Muten Roshi: Out of all of Goku's many mentors, Muten Roshi is the best. Unlike the others, Muten Roshi taught Goku more than how to fight. The most enduring theme of the series came from the Turtle Hermit: There is always someone stronger, so never stop improving. While he eventually got relegated to being comic relief, the old timer has a surprising amount of depth, from his past rivalry with the Crane Hermit, to his history with Piccolo Daimao.

5. Mr. Satan: This is not a joke. Mr. Satan is one of the funniest characters throughout the entire series,and despite lacking in strength, Mr. Satan proved to be an invaluable component in solving two conflicts in the series. His assistance was what allowed Gohan to become strong enough to beat Cell, and his friendship with the good Majin Boo and his excellence publicity was what allowed Goku and the others to finally put the evil Majin Boo down for good. More than that, he's just hysterical.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:14 am

1. Vegeta
2. Gotenks
3. Gokû
4. Trunks
5. Gokû Black