2017 Dragon Ball Predictions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Re: 2017 Dragon Ball Predictions

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:16 pm

SuperKirillin wrote: - Next month fillers will be worst than the Potaufeu arc
How? Those seem like slice of life eps and so far that's super's strong point.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:26 pm

- Super will continue
- Dragon Ball Heroes will shit out my cards
- Xenoverse 3 will be announced and released
- The UK will still get jack shit in terms of new Dragon Ball content or merchandise
- More manga spin-offs
- Overall profits for the franchise will skyrocket (Domestically and internationally)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:- Super will continue
- The UK will still get jack shit in terms of new Dragon Ball content or merchandise
- More manga spin-offs
- Overall profits for the franchise will skyrocket (Domestically and internationally)
You're wrong we're gonna get Calendars oh yeaaah!!!!!!!! .... :|
Danilo Promotions Ltd., Europe's number one publisher of licensed calendars, has signed an agreement to add Dragon Ball Z to their portfolio. The licensing deal will enable Danilo to feature the cult series on 2018 wall calendars. The products will be available in the UK and Eire through mass market, specialty stores, independent stores, as well as online, starting from August 2017.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
- More manga spin-offs
Danilo Promotions Ltd., Europe's number one publisher of licensed calendars, has signed an agreement to add Dragon Ball Z to their portfolio. The licensing deal will enable Danilo to feature the cult series on 2018 wall calendars. The products will be available in the UK and Eire through mass market, specialty stores, independent stores, as well as online, starting from August 2017.

Why don't they just cut to chase and tell us that UK fanbase isn't worth investing into?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
- More manga spin-offs
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Why don't they just cut to chase and tell us that UK fanbase isn't worth investing into?
Thank the lord we have at least MangaUK and goes to show what a huge accomplishment it was to get DBZRF in cinema's last year! That experience will be one I will cherish forever and perhaps why I love the film as much as I do.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: You're wrong we're gonna get Calendars oh yeaaah!!!!!!!! .... :|
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thank the lord we have at least MangaUK and goes to show what a huge accomplishment it was to get DBZRF in cinema's last year! That experience will be one I will cherish forever and perhaps why I love the film as much as I do.
That sad thing is that the success of Resurrection F UK, given the circumstance of its release, next-to-no advertisement and overall recognition of Dragon Ball in the UK, should have been a indication that with proper marketing, a stable and profitable fanbase could been created in the UK for the Dragon Ball franchise. But... nope. Nothing. They just turn a blind eye because fuck the UK fandom, we're not worth it. :problem:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Dragon ball Super will increase it earnings by a crazy amount.

The universal survival arc will not end until 2018.

The tournament will be a success and everyone will be surprised how well all 10 fighters contribute.

The people who complain about animation every week will mostly stop.

Xenoverse 3 announced in December and releases April-June 2018.

Another Dagon ball game is announced for either 3ds, Switch or both and releases 2017.

New movie is announced which has nothing to do with Super for and will release early 2018.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:15 pm

1. Super continues on long past the end of 2017
2. Merchandise flies off the shelves in the USA as Dragon Ball Super captivates young audiences
3. Some new video game is made
4. Someone from the Japanese production team or voice actors dies
5. While Super gains popularity around the world, Canada sits back and pretends not to notice and the Canadian fanbase goes extinct by 2030
6. We see several one-shot mangas
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
- More manga spin-offs
Canada doesn't even get calendars! Now I wish I'd stayed in the UK (I lived there for the first few years of my life)
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:18 pm

floofychan333 wrote:1. Super continues on long past the end of 2017
2. Merchandise flies off the shelves in the USA as Dragon Ball Super captivates young audiences
3. Some new video game is made
4. Someone from the Japanese production team or voice actors dies
5. While Super gains popularity around the world, Canada sits back and pretends not to notice and the Canadian fanbase goes extinct by 2030
6. We see several one-shot mangas
Number 5 is Canada and the UK. They will be relying on video games.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:01 pm

• Super will start to slowly work its way into consistency, not only with the Peaceful World mini-arc, but also with GT. It will mostly amount to handwaves and asspulls, and fans will get very cross about it.
  • A new anime based on Dragon Ball Heroes will be announced. Toyotaro will be involved, but Toriyama will stay pretty distant from it.
  • Piccolo will actually do something in Super.
  • The next arc of Super will seem to build up to Gohan finally regaining his full Ultimate Gohan powers, but in the end, Goku or Vegeta will take the win.
  • Goku won't use the Blue Kaioken in the next major arc.
  • Whether the next arc is good or not, fans will complain about it anyway.
Those first three are long shots, but I'm fairly confident about the last three.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:09 pm

- Beerus won't be surpassed
- Animation will improve
- No Time-Skip
- The new arc will be very, very long. Maybe it still won't be finished by the end of 2017
- Lot of shit will happen in the new arc
- It will be the last arc of Super written by Toriyama unless he decides to go after the end of DBZ. Honestly the new arc sounds like endgame, I doubt there will be much more to add after it. It could also be so conclusive it leaves no space open for further stories (like all Gods die including both Zenos etc... And only U7 stays alive) I hope this won't be the case though
- If Toriyama really quits, Toei will announce a new DB serie
- Power levels will still be inconsistent
- No new home console game announced
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:35 pm

-Super will stay on throughout all of next year.
-The Cell arc will be in full color.
-Xenoverse 3 will come out, and still not have Dabura.
-The Universe Survival Arc will be a disappointment.
-The continuity of Dragon Ball Evolution will be continued in the spin off manga fans have been waiting for.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:58 pm

I expect from meh to possible great things.

Great things will most likely come from Dragon Ball Heroes, maybe Xenoverse 2 (or Xenoverse 3, just its announcement would be great) and that "Dragon Ball Room".

The meh things will come from the anime/manga portion if they continue to not dare bring new things, if they continue to not step out from the "comfort zone". Stop bringing back past villains to die right away, stop using characters that already have their development set and enough screentime. Dragon Ball has a lot of things that should be visited, to expand upon... So they must stop making tournaments after tournaments too and give attention to what really matters.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:17 pm

I bet that we will see the return of Bardock in Super. We had Future Trunks return, so anything is possible.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:32 pm

Holy shit, i just forgot to say that spain will finally have dbs (it will probably be censored for some reasons apparently)
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:31 pm

A new videogame for Nintendo Switch in first half of 2017. I'm almost sure of that. There's a big hype for that Switch. Probably a fighting game.
The end of Dragon Ball Super late in 2017.
Rumors about a new series for 2018.
A lotta side story manga.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:31 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:A new videogame for Nintendo Switch in first half of 2017. I'm almost sure of that. There's a big hype for that Switch. Probably a fighting game.
Why do you think Super will end just for a sequel series?

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:A new videogame for Nintendo Switch in first half of 2017. I'm almost sure of that. There's a big hype for that Switch. Probably a fighting game.
Why do you think Super will end just for a sequel series?
Just because they finally awake and see they need some extra month of pre-production. It's something people here could find proper. I think the same. And maybe skip EoZ to avoid some embarassing moment.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:28 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
BlackCatScott wrote: - New film announcement with original story by Toriyama
Why fans keep insisting on a new movie being announced soon?
Because the last film was really succesful and they'd be silly not to do another one?

Just because there's an ongoing TV series doesn't mean there won't be a movie. Just look at One Piece.