What Funimation could do regarding Vegito's name in the future

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: What Funimation could do regarding Vegito's name in the future

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:28 am

I believe that's just a fan theory as fusion creates a completely separate being. There is no controlling one. It doesn't even look like there is a dominant personality trait, as all fusions are pretty much jokers who don't take things seriously unless they really have to. Yeah, that does sound like Goku, but Vegetto certainly does not behave like Goku. I think that's just a theory.

Even so, my suggestion could still work. "Vegeta and 'Kak-O-rot.' I guess that makes us VegitO." Kind of a stretch, but if you say "Kakarot" fast, it can sound like "Kakorot." I'd say to emphasize the "o" that's actually in "Kakarot," but it has a different sound.

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:I believe that's just a fan theory as fusion creates a completely separate being. There is no controlling one. It doesn't even look like there is a dominant personality trait, as all fusions are pretty much jokers who don't take things seriously unless they really have to. Yeah, that does sound like Goku, but Vegetto certainly does not behave like Goku. I think that's just a theory.

Even so, my suggestion could still work. "Vegeta and 'Kak-O-rot.' I guess that makes us VegitO." Kind of a stretch, but if you say "Kakarot" fast, it can sound like "Kakorot." I'd say to emphasize the "o" that's actually in "Kakarot," but it has a different sound.
His name isn't カコロット (Kakorotto), though. And he isn't named after "corrots."
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:48 am

Thouser wrote:
His name isn't カコロット (Kakorotto), though. And he isn't named after "corrots."
I'm pretty sure he is named after carrots, and while I understand that he's not "Kakorot," there is a certain way to make it sound like "Kakorot" in English. That is what we're talking about, as the Japanese version doesn't need the work-around (seeing as the name ends in an "o" in Japanese).