Is filler canon(ical)?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Is filler canon(ical)?

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:10 pm

No, I know what a harem is, but I've never heard of a "harem term".

What is a "visual novel"? Is it different than a comic?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:13 pm

ABED wrote:No, I know what a harem is, but I've never heard of a "harem term".

watch amagami anime. Fate stay night series
That is visual novel
It's different than comic because it has tons of route since the get go and all canon.
Last edited by GTX on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The question has been asked by you 10000000000 times and we have become very efficient.
I don't care about non canon stuffs like game, guide book, movie, etc
Spare the trouble because GT is CANON
Be quick and be done with it
inactive :P

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:15 pm

GTX wrote:

That is visual novel
How does it differ from a graphic novel or a comic book?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:16 pm

ABED wrote:
GTX wrote:

That is visual novel
How does it differ from a graphic novel or a comic book?
IT has tons of canon route since the get go because it's the original source. One source tons of route and ending.
The question has been asked by you 10000000000 times and we have become very efficient.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:18 pm

No, what is a visual novel?

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:19 pm

ABED wrote:No, what is a visual novel?
What? you're not making sense here.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:20 pm

GTX wrote:
I'm at a loss. You use the term "visual novel" and I've never heard of it. What is the definition of a visual novel?

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:22 pm

ABED wrote:
GTX wrote:
I'm at a loss. You use the term "visual novel" and I've never heard of it. What is the definition of a visual novel?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_novel
Easier for you watching amagami anime.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Regardless, while they aren't visual novels, all sorts of things like that are adapted, such as video games, books, comics, graphic novels, and novels. All adhere to their source material to varying degrees. The fundamentals still apply.

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:28 pm

ABED wrote:Regardless, while they aren't visual novels, all sorts of things like that are adapted, such as video games, books, comics, graphic novels, novels. All adhere to their source material to varying degrees.
I understand you don't understand and don't want to understand japanese terms and want to use confusing terms that's very vague and confusing to anybody. I'm done here.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:30 pm

GTX wrote:
ABED wrote:Regardless, while they aren't visual novels, all sorts of things like that are adapted, such as video games, books, comics, graphic novels, novels. All adhere to their source material to varying degrees.
I understand you don't understand and don't want to understand japanese terms and want to use confusing terms that's very vague and confusing to anybody. I'm done here.
The term is not confusing nor is it vague. Filler is material that is added to the story to FILL up time. How is that vague or confusing?

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:35 pm

ABED wrote:
GTX wrote:
The term is not confusing nor is it vague. Filler is material that is added to the story to FILL up time. How is that vague or confusing?
So we're back in circle.
Question, Do you even haves 100% certainty where episode filler where it is not? If not you're confusing people obviously. and i felt this discussion has become so much dragging this is like the discussion get back from the start of the conversation.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:40 pm

GTX wrote:
ABED wrote:
GTX wrote: I understand you don't understand and don't want to understand japanese terms and want to use confusing terms that's very vague and confusing to anybody. I'm done here.
So we're back in circle.
Question, Do you even has 100% certainty where episode filler where is not? If not you're confusing people obviously. and i felt this discussion has become so much dragging this is like the discussion get back from the start of the conversation.
Yes, in many cases I do know for certain. With Dragon Ball, anything not in the manga is filler. In American TV, a standalone episode like on X-Files is filler as opposed to the mythology episodes. They fulfill the same criterion - to fill up time. There are some cases where it's not so clear or up to opinion if the material is filler/padding.

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:42 pm

ABED wrote:
GTX wrote:
ABED wrote: The term is not confusing nor is it vague. Filler is material that is added to the story to FILL up time. How is that vague or confusing?
So we're back in circle.
Question, Do you even has 100% certainty where episode filler where is not? If not you're confusing people obviously. and i felt this discussion has become so much dragging this is like the discussion get back from the start of the conversation.
Yes, in many cases I do know for certain. With Dragon Ball, anything not in the manga is filler. In American TV, a standalone episode like on X-Files is filler as opposed to the mythology episodes. They fulfill the same criterion - to fill up time.
So you're admitting you're confusing people. You can only fill your headcannon as individual fake author to determine which one is filler which on is not with very subjective criteria. Yes you're confusing All the people by your headcanon criteria with has tons of possible outcome and very loose definition.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:45 pm

How is that in any way an admission or confusing? What are you talking about with headcanon? Until someone else has anything constructive to add, I'm politely bowing out.

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:51 pm

ABED wrote:How is that in any way an admission or confusing? What are you talking about with headcanon? Until someone else has anything constructive to add, I'm politely bowing out.
IF one people said this episode is filler and one other said it's not. Your definition is very loose that those two choices answer cannot be determined ever. This is obvious and logical
Yes you're going in circle keep trying to do so and this is very stupid, so i'm out.