How to convince a company to license the Dragon Ball anime in a country where it's not?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

How to convince a company to license the Dragon Ball anime in a country where it's not?

Post by sangofe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:57 pm

At the moment, We only got some crappy releases of the movies here several years ago when it comes to the anime, and it was based of the Big Green dub...

We're some Norwegian fans who dream about this a new faithful dub for the entire series. We've got connections to a dubbing studio, and among us is a fluent translator who happens to be a big Dragon Ball fan and who also knows the current translator of the re editions of the Dragon Ball manga in Norway.

My current thoughts are to find out sales figures for previous Dragon Ball manga edition, but also for other countries in Scandinavia.

It'd also be interesting to see the gross incomes and sale numbers of tickets of the recent DBZ movies. And if possible to get, get sales numbers on various releases, and possibly tv numbers from FUNimation.

And point out how much merchandize has gone up in japan.

Everything would be written down and illustrated in pdf presentations. Plus we'd make a facebook page that people would be able to like in order to show support.

Any other ideas and thoughts?

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Re: How to convince a company to license the Dragon Ball anime in a country where it's not?

Post by songohan619 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Yeah, it would be great to finally get the TV-series to Norway! Any help or tips would be most welcome!

Theophrastus
Regular

Re: How to convince a company to license the Dragon Ball anime in a country where it's not?

Post by Theophrastus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 pm

sangofe wrote:and possibly tv numbers from FUNimation.
Nielsen TV ratings for the late-night Toonami run of Funimation's dubs of Kai and Super are cataloged in these threads.

Given the airing times I'm not sure how useful that information might actually be for any prospective Norwegian distributors, but there it is.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:17 pm

You're going to have to write a lot of convincing stuff if you want a dub. I'll gladly support you in this, but I think it's going to be pretty difficult.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 am

floofychan333 wrote:You're going to have to write a lot of convincing stuff if you want a dub. I'll gladly support you in this, but I think it's going to be pretty difficult.
Yeah, we know this will be a tough process, but it`s a process we`re willing to go through!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:07 am

songohan619 wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:You're going to have to write a lot of convincing stuff if you want a dub. I'll gladly support you in this, but I think it's going to be pretty difficult.
Yeah, we know this will be a tough process, but it`s a process we`re willing to go through!
Write down anything you can think about, floofy!
Theophrastus wrote:
Nielsen TV ratings for the late-night Toonami run of Funimation's dubs of Kai and Super are cataloged in these threads.

Given the airing times I'm not sure how useful that information might actually be for any prospective Norwegian distributors, but there it is.
Thanks, man!

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:23 am

Theophrastus wrote:

Every bit of info we can get, helps!