Anime/Manga Subtle Changes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Anime/Manga Subtle Changes

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Buu's pants are black in the manga and white in the anime.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:49 pm

floofychan333 wrote:Buu's pants are black in the manga and white in the anime.
They're white in the manga, too. If it's ever been shaded black, that's a mistake.
Retired.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:Buu's pants are black in the manga and white in the anime.
They're white in the manga, too. If it's ever been shaded black, that's a mistake.
I saw them as black on a manga screenshot someone posted here so I assumed they were black.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 pm

floofychan333 wrote:I saw them as black on a manga screenshot someone posted here so I assumed they were black.
I don't suppose you know where to find it. I hadn't noticed any shading mistakes on Boo, so I'm curious.
Retired.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:15 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:I saw them as black on a manga screenshot someone posted here so I assumed they were black.
I don't suppose you know where to find it. I hadn't noticed any shading mistakes on Boo, so I'm curious.
He saw this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38203
But evidently did not understand it fully.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:26 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
He saw this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38203
But evidently did not understand it fully.
Ah, that's Boo with only Piccolo absorbed. I forgot about him, since he didn't appear for long.
Retired.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:41 am

In the manga, USSJ Trunks didn't even get a single hit on Perfect Cell, while in the anime he managed to damage him a bit, and even send Cell flying.

Reversed with Buuhan vs Vegetto, Buu didn't get a single clean hit on Vegetto in the manga, while in the Anime he managed to directly attack him during a few moments.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Anime really didn't want one sided fights, huh :roll:

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:59 am

If I remember right the Manga had Goku's struggle to escape Namek seem less hopeless, actually showing the Ginyu pods in the background and cutting away from Goku before the planet exploded, while the anime made it seem more impossible for him to escape and had him screaming until the end. And the anime later contradicted itself by showing him spot the Ginyu pod and jump into it immediately after escaping Frieza's ship.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:16 am

While it was corrected in Future Trunks part of Ressurection F, in DBZ, Goku wasn't sad when he "killed" Freeza
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:38 am

coola wrote:Image
While it was corrected in Future Trunks part of Ressurection F, in DBZ, Goku wasn't sad when he "killed" Freeza
Wow that's a pretty interesting moment that I never knew about. I wonder why he felt sad.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:06 am

90sDBZ wrote:
Wow that's a pretty interesting moment that I never knew about. I wonder why he felt sad.
Taking a life is a big deal, especially one he tried to spare repeatedly. It was more pity than anything else, pity that Freeza would just throw his life away like that.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:05 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
I think he saw Freeza as a waste of potential who threw his life away needlessly.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 am

Bansho64 wrote:One thing I've noticed thanks to a YouTube comment and checking the manga is that, while the Kaioken X20 scene is a whole lot different in the anime compared to the manga, there's a bit of a subtle change in it. When Goku flies at Freeza in the manga, there's one hit he lands, one he misses, and then the KameHame Ha. The anime has this, but it kinda makes it seem as if he lands both hits and the KameHame Ha thanks to the animation and the sound effects added. I always thought he landed both because of this.
I always wondered why Goku punched Freeza away instead of hitting him point blank, the more you know :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):