Would you like to see Dragon Ball on This TV?(Broadcast Network)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Re: Would you like to see Dragon Ball on This TV?(Broadcast Network)

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:53 am

Danfun64 wrote:Controversial opinion: Sonic X needs a faithful uncut dub.

Also, if DBZ Kai 1.0 is going to be picked up (though I'd much rather we get Kai 2.0 or Super), i'm fairly certain it will be the 4kids/Saban cut due to being made for broadcast TV...
I don't really see an uncut dub happening, and Sonic X is a bad show anyway.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:10 am

I think the only service I care to see Dragon Ball media on is Crunchyroll. Right up there next to Super.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:36 am

I have a question for Canadian users, Does Kidsclick get to Canada in the Cable Affiliates?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:49 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I have a question for Canadian users, Does Kidsclick get to Canada in the Cable Affiliates?
Some of the Sinclair local stations that run it do. The website region blocks all of its streams, though.

I'd say Kai on The CW blocks was more accessible to Canadians and I'm not really sure many Canadians were aware that happened, haha.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:47 pm

Dinosaur King is coming to the Kidsclick block. What I wouldnt give for Super to air on it instead!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat May 12, 2018 2:07 pm

I could see Dragon Ball Z Kai and/or Super doing well on the Saturday and Sunday morning schedule. In fact, I could see the original Dragon Ball and maybe even Z doing well on the weekday schedule (it woukd be mainly for old farts like us, but it would be cool). It would be nice for people that don't have access to cable to still be able to watch Dragon Ball on television.

Regardless, it's nice to see cartoons on broadcast television. Hell, it would be cool if local network affiliates started running cartoons outside of big major blocks like this. Is it needed? Eh, I dunno. Netflix and other streaming services already have a bunch of kids programming. I think it's the local stations that might need it just to add variety. Honestly, I think a big market for cartoons on broadcast tv isn't just kids but their parents or people like us who remember Saturday morning and Weekday Morning/Afternoon cartoons on local tv.

Sorry for getting a little OT.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Original Dragon Ball? I wouldn't be surprised if This TV would have wanted Funi to redub lines which they might find to strict even from the Toonami edit from back in the day...and unlike even when 4kids/Saban redubbed a few lines from Funi's dub to meet their standards (mainly using Sean Schemmel) close to the time Nicktoons was airing the first-run of Funi Kai, it's been almost two decades since original DB aired on Toonami.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if a DB package for network TV includes BLT DB 1-13 and BLT DB Movie 1, Saban DBZ Movie 3, and the 4kids/Saban edit of Funi Kai 1-98. All of those have been pre-edited to meet broadcast television standards. TFC and Super would need additional editing, but said additional edits would be easier for Funi to do than anything from before their dub of Kai.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:49 pm

God dammit. Now I REALLY want a Kai and or reanimated Dragon Ball. Danfun YOU ARE A GENIUS!

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:21 am

...how am I a genius?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:37 am

It didnt occur to me that OG Dragon Ball could air there! Not only that but you gave me an idea. OG DRAGON BALL REMAKE! That could be seriously awesome especially now that Funimation is much better at dubbing. And I know Dragon Ball prints money when its on kids TV so it could be seriously awesome if Funimation made an edited dub for this hypothetical Remake of OG Dragon Ball.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 am

^
Oh yeah. And a remake could air on both Toonami and an OTA syndication block. It's happened before.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:39 am

Now that there is a Dragon Ball Super Kids dub confirmed I really want to see it on Kidsclick. That way many demographics would watch the show and Funimation could get lots of money from them.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 am

Dragon Ball Kai would be good but only if it is the Nicktoons edit. The Toonzai/Vortexx edit goes way too far. When you have characters that are suppose to be DEAD breathing you’ve taken your censorship too far.

I wouldn’t mind a Dragon Ball redub but I don’t know how coherent it would be with all the risque humor taken out which is part of the charm. If Funimation produced an uncut redub for like Crunchyroll or something and the edited for broadcast version for just this channel I wouldn’t mind

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:19 pm

I think that could be possible in fact. Because Winx Club aired uncut on KidsClick with the Cinelume dub, I think the Australia dub could easily air on Kidsclick with some minor arrangements.