CD with Japanese filenames + PDFs with Kanji (DB related :P)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

CD with Japanese filenames + PDFs with Kanji (DB related :P)

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Fri May 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Does anybody know what filesystem should I use to burn CD with Japanese filenames, to make it fully compatible with Japanese operating systems/computers? Will Joliet with Unicode character set work?
Will PDF with Kanji/Kana characters made with OpenOffice be properly displayed on Japanese computers?

Does anybody here have experience with this stuff?

This is for the Dragon Ball project, so it is Dragon Ball-related :D

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: CD with Japanese filenames + PDFs with Kanji (DB related :P)

Post by floofychan333 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:12 pm

I can't help with your technology problems but I'm curious as to what this project is exactly. Are you making your own DB CD?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Re: CD with Japanese filenames + PDFs with Kanji (DB related :P)

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Fri May 12, 2017 7:43 pm

floofychan333 wrote:I can't help with your technology problems but I'm curious as to what this project is exactly. Are you making your own DB CD?
Columbia will make this CD for us! :twisted: But befor that, I need to be sure that all the filenames and all the characters in PDF documents will be displayed properly on their computers.
Some of the PDFs will be printed on paper, but the digital version is extremely important. It would make working with it much easier for them. They could duplicate it and send it to various people and departments of the company.

I cannot print all the 50 pages, because I don't want to pay all my money for the delivery :P Also, you cannot print sound samples and video samples :lol: I worked hard on all the Japanese names and articles I wrote, mostly because it's really hard to use language you don't know. They contain highly-technical terms, so they NEED to be displayed properly. This is crucial in understanding my points.