Will the 2020 Olympics merchandise be sold in participating countries?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Will the 2020 Olympics merchandise be sold in participating countries?

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:17 am

I can now officially say that yes, I do indeed live under a rock as I have just now found out that Goku (as well as other anime favorites of mine) has been chosen as the 2020 Olympic games ambassador. I know that I'm probably the only person on the site that this is news to, so I'll move on to my point now.

From what I've read so far, Goku's gonna be plastered all over T-shirts, hats and what not. Needless to say, I want me some of that. However, I've heard that they're making it in Japan. So will some of that swag be coming to the other countries that are participating as well (I'm in the U.S.) or will it only be available to the host country? Or is it too early to call yet?

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Re: Will the 2020 Olympics merchandise be sold in participating countries?

Post by PelicanDynasty » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:54 am

For the Rio Olmypics shirts with the mascot here in the US were semi-rare in my experience, but you could definitely find them during the games. Goku is an existing character though, so I'm sure he'll be bigger as far as clothing goes. You will probably be able to find some gear that summer in a local store, but if not you'll definitely be able to order some from the Olympics website, which will have you covered.