Dragon Box Z Volume 1 - "Clips from foreign dubs"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Dragon Box Z Volume 1 - "Clips from foreign dubs"

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:21 am

So, I don't own the Dragon Boxes myself but I checked online out of curiosity the contents of the extras disc for the Japanese Volume 1 and found something interesting.
As mentioned here in the website, one of the extras is a series of clips from several foreign dubs, like the US, France and Portugal.
The first clip of that extra is supposedly the Spanish opening. The "intro card" actually shows the Spanish flag. So, I was expecting this to play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yir9PZzlCKs
However, to my surprise, THIS started playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWgWhuN8wc4
This is not the Spanish opening, but Brazil's.

So, I wanted to ask if anybody here who actually owns an official (physical) copy of the Dragon Box Z Volume 1 set can confirm if this is correct. As it is quite a strange mistake Toei/Pony Canyon made there.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Box Z Volume 1 - "Clips from foreign dubs"

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Even I had a wtf moment when they played the Portuguese version over Spanish, also isn't there more than 1 Spanish dub?
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:18 pm

Can confirm. It's a well documented error, pretty sure the site mentions it somewhere too.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Adamant wrote:Can confirm. It's a well documented error, pretty sure the site mentions it somewhere too.
Apparently not in the review (that was inherited from the old Kanzentai, I think) nor in the "My Dragon Box isn't Perfect" feature.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:06 pm

omegalucas wrote:
Adamant wrote:Can confirm. It's a well documented error, pretty sure the site mentions it somewhere too.
Apparently not in the review (that was inherited from the old Kanzentai, I think) nor in the "My Dragon Box isn't Perfect" feature.
Maybe I'm misremembering.

Either way, it's at least been brought up multiple times on the forum in the past.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!