Nozawa Rated "Best Voice to Cheer on Your Studies"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Nozawa Rated "Best Voice to Cheer on Your Studies"

Post by LuckyCat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:56 am

According to a survey of 720 males in the 10 - 30 age group:

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/00000 ... 10596.html

Kinda ironic, considering that Goku never studies! Maybe people think of Gohan too? Here are the full results:

1. 野沢雅子 Masaka Nozawa (Dragon Ball) 
2 田中真弓 Mayumi Tanaka (One Piece) 
3 花澤香菜 Kana Hanazawa (Love and Sky) 
4 水樹奈々 Nana Mizuki (Symphony Gear) 
5 佐倉綾音 Ayane Sakura (Welcome to the Ballroom)
5 林原めぐみ Megumi Hayashibara (Neon Genesis Evangelion - Rei Ayanami)
7 水瀬いのり Inori Minase (Re: Creators)
8 大山のぶ代 Nobuyo Ōyama (Doraemon)
9 釘宮理恵 Rie Kugimiya (Fullmetal Alchemist)
9 高山みなみ Minami Takayama (Case Closed/Detective Conan)
9 山寺宏一 Kōichi Yamadera (Neon Genesis Evangelion - Ryouji Kaji)
Last edited by LuckyCat on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Re: Nozawa Rated "Best Voice to Cheer on Your Studies"

Post by MajinMan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:46 pm

The real question is why is this even a thing? It's so specific and odd. But I agree, Nozawa is the GOAT.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:30 pm

MajinMan wrote:The real question is why is this even a thing? It's so specific and odd.
You just described polls in Japan in a nutshell.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:50 pm

I'm surprised people want to be cheered on by Rei from NGE. Kaji-kun would be awesome to cheer you on but I'm surprised he's ranked instead of more prominent NGE characters like Misato or Shinji.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:51 pm

floofychan333 wrote:I'm surprised people want to be cheered on by Rei from NGE. Kaji-kun would be awesome to cheer you on but I'm surprised he's ranked instead of more prominent NGE characters like Misato or Shinji.
Shinji can't even cheer on himself. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:I'm surprised people want to be cheered on by Rei from NGE. Kaji-kun would be awesome to cheer you on but I'm surprised he's ranked instead of more prominent NGE characters like Misato or Shinji.
Yeah boi but hearing him saying "OTO-SAN!!!!!" in a constipated voice would get my brains working probz.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:29 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Lmao, this made me laugh so hard. :lol:
The poll is kinda ridiculous though, why would Luffy or Goku of all people be the best voices to cheer on your studies?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:27 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Lmao, this made me laugh so hard. :lol:
The poll is kinda ridiculous though, why would Luffy or Goku of all people be the best voices to cheer on your studies?
Eh, they're hyped up action heroes that everybody loves and wants to meet. Who wouldn't want a high achiever saying, "YOU CAN DO IT!!!" when you're trying to get through learning about linear inequalities and swearing at everything in sight?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:47 pm

floofychan333 wrote:I'm surprised people want to be cheered on by Rei from NGE.Kaji-kun would be awesome to cheer you on but I'm surprised he's ranked instead of more prominent NGE characters like Misato or Shinji.
Probably because Rei is voiced by Megumi Hayashibara, one of the best voice actresses in the business.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Got a big exam on Thursday, wonder if I can take a tape of Nozawa just talking in? :thinkemoji: Nah but seriously these final few days, guess I will rip some Z BA audio of Nozawa just regular dialogue and see if it helps!

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:38 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Got a big exam on Thursday, wonder if I can take a tape of Nozawa just talking in? :thinkemoji: Nah but seriously these final few days, guess I will rip some Z BA audio of Nozawa just regular dialogue and see if it helps!
Good luck with your exam, by the way.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:34 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Got a big exam on Thursday, wonder if I can take a tape of Nozawa just talking in? :thinkemoji: Nah but seriously these final few days, guess I will rip some Z BA audio of Nozawa just regular dialogue and see if it helps!
Thank you! ^.^

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
Thank you! ^.^
Why are you taking a test? School/college doesn't start until Tuesday here and even if it starts earlier where you live I'm surprised there's a test this early on.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:17 am

floofychan333 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote: Good luck with your exam, by the way.
Thank you! ^.^
Why are you taking a test? School/college doesn't start until Tuesday here and even if it starts earlier where you live I'm surprised there's a test this early on.
They're not really college or university exams but professional accounting exams to become a chartered accountant, I have to sit 5 this is my first, they happen 4 times a year: March, June, Sept & December.