The ultimate "Big Green Dub" thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:42 pm

Dear Lord...

I know realize how bad hell will be. XDDDDDDD

How horrid...this ranks up with some pretty bad dubs I've seen...XD
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:05 pm

BoxerGloves wrote:However, I gotta ask you something. Do you really want to see this? I mean, if you pretend that this is a parody/fandub of DBZ, then yeah, this shit is funny as hell. But knowing that this piece of shit is an actual official English dub (for Europe anyway), it's kinda depressing.
I'm getting them purely for comical value. I can sync the audio to my DragonBox and make a version with excellent video and comical quality ;)

-Corey

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:52 pm

I can only find the UK dubs of movies 2, 3, and 4 on amazon.uk.

Anyone know where I could get the rest (if this group did anymore)? Or I should I just stop here? :P

*is gonna order movies 2 and 3 in a week*

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:09 am

Man, the company is going to get this huge surge of business from us Daizex goers and start up dubbing again...oh, the possibilities.

Gogeta - "HAHA Now we are fused! Haha! We will avenge Big Green's older brother!

Sailor Moon Rainbow Ball Crusher!!"

BoxerGloves
Beyond Newbie

Post by BoxerGloves » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:13 am

Ah, hell!! Why did I even mention that these movies can be found at Amazon UK?! Dammit!! This is what happens when I'm being helpful. I gotta agree with Duo though, by purchasing these crappy movies we just might convince whatever the hell studio which dubs these movies, to finish dubbing movies #10-13. The shit hitting the fan continues.
I can sync the audio to my DragonBox and make a version with excellent video and comical quality Wink
Man, I think even the grainy video that the DVDs of these dubs probably have, are too good for them. These things aren't worthy of getting such a V.I.P treatment. I think if the original Pioneer dubs of the first three DBZ movies had the DragonBox quality, now that would've been something really cool. But yeah, as far as the comical absurdity goes, these U.K dubs are a win. But when spending 20-25 GBPs apiece on something that bad, I don't know if it's a good idea.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:59 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:I'm getting them purely for comical value. I can sync the audio to my DragonBox and make a version with excellent video and comical quality ;)

-Corey
Don't do it MajinVejitaXV! :shock:
Castor Troy wrote:I can only find the UK dubs of movies 2, 3, and 4 on amazon.uk.

Anyone know where I could get the rest (if this group did anymore)? Or I should I just stop here?
It ended there. However, I've got quite a few recordings from Toonami UK. People watching Dragonball Z for the first time must've got a really bad impression.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

SS Kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by SS Kakarot » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:50 pm

Bura wrote:All the movies AND specials here in the Netherlands? I never saw those, only VHS in toystores till movie 6. Perhaps I'll look for it some more, although I doubt I'll buy them. I do own movie 6 on VHS. Maybe I'll also make some audio clips soon or something..

By the way, is it me or are all the main villains (Tullece, Slug and Cooler) voiced by the same guy? XD
Movies 1 through 9 and the Bardock & Trunks Specials have been released over here, not in the right order.
I have all of them on DVD, and some on VHS. :)

Sure the voices may be bad, but at least they kept the original music.
So it's not all bad, in my opinion. :wink:
My Cels:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:07 pm

I'd have to thank you very much for making this clip. I've watched this over and over again and I couldn't stop laughing.

Timo has been making clips of scenes in motion...They look even better.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:17 pm

BoxerGloves wrote: But when spending 20-25 GBPs apiece on something that bad, I don't know if it's a good idea.
After doing all of the converting, I could buy one DBZ R2 single with the price I'm getting 2 of these dvds at. :x

Comedy or quality? Hmmmm....

BoxerGloves
Beyond Newbie

Post by BoxerGloves » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:11 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
BoxerGloves wrote: But when spending 20-25 GBPs apiece on something that bad, I don't know if it's a good idea.
After doing all of the converting, I could buy one DBZ R2 single with the price I'm getting 2 of these dvds at. :x

Comedy or quality? Hmmmm....
Quality, man. Go with the quality. If you need comedy, there's always a MAD magazine, or the early volumes of DB manga.

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:19 pm

A small plus to this dub is that Solid State Scouter was played in full on British television when the Bardock special aired.
Where's the beef?

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:16 am

I visited the site, and all it had was a piture of the cast and some trailers.
For your general amusement I remember all the PR about it. The press release you can find a copy here: http://www.digital.anime.org.uk/news/20030924.html
Was posted on a few UK sites, some of which had a competition run by the companies PR people.
I actually won a copy of the DVD and Boudokai 1 I think, but guess what?
They never ever sent them. ;(

Oh and there are no cast credits since they showed the three movies and the Bardock special on Toonami UK with this dub.
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:28 pm

Also watch out efore you buy since covers, movie titles and descriptions are switched throughout the releases.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

Gokuden553
Banned

Post by Gokuden553 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:07 pm

Big Green - "Let me alone?" timer 1:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJHZZwYtHdk

jwimz
Beyond Newbie

Post by jwimz » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:53 pm

Oh my goodness, can you say overacting? This dub is so terrible.

Gokuden553
Banned

Post by Gokuden553 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:04 pm

jwimz
Beyond Newbie

Post by jwimz » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:11 pm

Oh it is so bad, it is like a car wreck, you can't look away. They added the intro song from Final Fantasy 7 into the movie, can't get more classic then that!

Piccolo being called "Big Green". Did anyone riot overthere because of the dub? I would certainly start one with this dub.
Last edited by jwimz on Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:15 pm

What is up with the Final Fantasy 7 background music? LOl.

This dub is just...no comment.

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:20 pm

Personally, I don't really care about posting full movies, but you should watch out. VegettoEX is really big on piracy. I'd rather you don't get in any trouble, because you seem to be one of the most active members, even though you just joined recently.

Anyways, back on topic. Yep... It was horrible, really horrible.

capsuleman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by capsuleman » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:30 am

Oh my god...those are so horrendous that I must own them! I could not stop laughing. What were they thinking? Have they even seen a single episode of DragonBall? But seriously, I have to buy them on DVD.
Tyler Durden: Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?