What was happening in Dragon Ball on your birth week?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What was happening in Dragon Ball on your birth week?

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Dragon Ball Z Episode 057: "I’m Back to My Old Self Again!! Goku Takes on 100 Times Gravity" aired 2 days before my birthday.

I always liked the Zarbon vs. Vegeta rematch, and the filler with Goku's gravity machine malfunctioning, so that wasn't a bad episode to have air next to my date of creationing.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:31 pm

There was a break in the week I was born in, but it was between episodes 106 and 107 of Dragon Ball. During the King Piccolo saga, when Goku meets Yajirobe and fights Tambourine.

..and yes, I feel really old now. :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:51 pm

"That Was No Idle Boast!! Son Goku, an Audacious, Wonderful Guy" is the closet thing that I can find for me.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Bardo117 wrote:Goku is fighting Golden Frieza.
:lol:

..at least, I hope it's a joke. :D

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Oh hey, this thread again!

In the manga, Freeza had just thrown his energy ball down into Namek's core and in the anime, Vegeta got the beating of his life and Goku finally healed from the rejuvenation tank. I was actually born the day the episode aired (April 3rd).

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:"That Was No Idle Boast!! Son Goku, an Audacious, Wonderful Guy" is the closet thing that I can find for me.
Such a descriptive episode title! (I can't tell where in the story that episode's from)

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Most recent manga chapter was 387. Trunks attempts to fight Perfect Cell in his buff ascended Super Saiyan form.

Most recent anime episode was DBZ 154. Semi Perfect Cell is destroying islands, looking for 18 while Goku and Gohan enter the room of spirit and time.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 am

As near as I can tell, Dr. Slump chapter 199 ("Future Love") was published in Weekly Shōnen Jump #788, and episode 137 ("Nab that Crook!") of the Dr. Slump anime aired the week I was born. Dragon Ball didn't exist yet. :o

"Future Love" featured the debut of the future son of Arale and Obotchaman, as a baby, with purple hair in Obotchaman's little "devil horn" style.

Seems sort of familiar, somehow.

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 am

The day before I was born (May 20th 1987), the 63rd episode of Dragon Ball: "Son Goku's Revenge" / "The Return of Goku" where he rights Tao in front of Korin Tower aired in Japan

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:28 am

MrUnusual wrote:The day before I was born (May 20th 1987), the 63rd episode of Dragon Ball: "Son Goku's Revenge" / "The Return of Goku" where he rights Tao in front of Korin Tower aired in Japan
One of my favourites! The Land of Korin is one of my favourite locations in the Dragon World.

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:29 am

KBABZ wrote:
MrUnusual wrote:The day before I was born (May 20th 1987), the 63rd episode of Dragon Ball: "Son Goku's Revenge" / "The Return of Goku" where he rights Tao in front of Korin Tower aired in Japan
One of my favourites! The Land of Korin is one of my favourite locations in the Dragon World.
Right? So peaceful and majectic!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:32 am

MrUnusual wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
Right? So peaceful and majectic!
I also find it ironic that later on in the Cell and Buu arcs we have so many events happen at Kami's lookout go down directly above Upa and Bora's homes. Makes me wonder if they can hear the neighbors making a ruckus upstairs!

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:54 am

Goku was helping Baby to come to Earth :lol: :lol:

24 - Baby Strikes Back!! Target the Saiyans!! - 1996-09-04
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Dates for manga seem to vary from site to site but if Kanzenshuu's are correct, Chapter 383 came out on July 21st, 1992. Three days before I was born. It featured the start of the fight between Super Vegeta and Perfect Cell.

As for the anime; Episode 149: "How I Have Waited For this Day!! Cell’s Prologue to Perfection" premiered on July 22nd, two days before I was born.

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 pm

KBABZ wrote:I also find it ironic that later on in the Cell and Buu arcs we have so many events happen at Kami's lookout go down directly above Upa and Bora's homes. Makes me wonder if they can hear the neighbors making a ruckus upstairs!
lol probably

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Here's what was happening in DB the week I was born.

Manga: Chapter #418 "Farewell, Warriors" was published in Weekly Shōnen Jump the same day I was born (April 13, 1993)

Anime: Dragon Ball Z Episode #181 "Someone Who Will Succeed the Strongest… His Name is Gohan" aired in Japan the very next day (April 14, 1993)
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:04 pm

14th February 1988

Manga: Between Chapter 161-162 (Piccolo Daimao death)
Anime: Between DB 100-101 (Kuririn's 1st death)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:11 pm

NitroEX wrote:Dates for manga seem to vary from site to site
Most likely because of the whole "publish date/Jump Date" thing, (definitely mis-named that one), where the latter is usually earlier and is the earliest date for a Chapter to have been published (without street date breaking of course).

SuperNamek

Post by SuperNamek » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Episode 26 of Dragon Ball GT aired a day after my Birthday. It was the episode where Baby takes control of Goten and Gohan's bodies, so nothing of interest really. At least I wasn't born near episode 10 though. I probably would have grown up to be some wannabe rapper or something.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Anime: Dragon Ball Z Episode 129 The Might of Vegeta!! The Blood of a Super Saiyan Awakens. This was the episode when Vegeta first turned into a Super Saiyan against Android 19. This episode first aired on 26 February 1992. Two days before I was born.

Manga: Dragon Ball Chapter 362 A Duel in Ginger Town. In this chapter Piccolo was fighting Cell for the very the first time. This chapter was first released on 25 February 1992. Three days before I was born.