Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Location: Planet Sadla

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri May 04, 2018 3:59 pm

I do wish that the Kanzenshuu staff and the rest of Team Four Star (MasakoX is confirmed, BTW) came to this convention. How awesome would it have been if they had their own panels? Oh well, there's always KamehaCon 2 if that's gonna happen.
Caulifla best girl! :)

User avatar
MarCas92
Regular
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: U.S/Mexican Border
Contact:

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by MarCas92 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Oh well, there's always KamehaCon 2 if that's gonna happen.
KamehaConZ?
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4116
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Robo4900 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:06 pm

MarCas92 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Oh well, there's always KamehaCon 2 if that's gonna happen.
KamehaConZ?
Kameha-Con Kai?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by majinwarman » Sat May 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I do wish that the Kanzenshuu staff and the rest of Team Four Star (MasakoX is confirmed, BTW) came to this convention. How awesome would it have been if they had their own panels? Oh well, there's always KamehaCon 2 if that's gonna happen.
I would be happy to see them there.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4116
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Robo4900 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Are official recordings of the panels going to be uploaded to YouTube at some point in the future?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Kataphrut
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Kataphrut » Mon May 07, 2018 5:09 am

Robo4900 wrote:
MarCas92 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Oh well, there's always KamehaCon 2 if that's gonna happen.
KamehaConZ?
Kameha-Con Kai?
If they do what Kyle Hebert suggested and send it around the world, they need to call it Kamehacon GT.

As an Aussie who wishes he could've gone, I'd be on board with that.

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4116
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Robo4900 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Kataphrut wrote:If they do what Kyle Hebert suggested and send it around the world, they need to call it Kamehacon GT.

As an Aussie who wishes he could've gone, I'd be on board with that.
As a Brit who wishes he could've gone, I'd also be on board with that. :D
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

User avatar
sailorspazz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: ZamaBlack love shack
Contact:

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by sailorspazz » Mon May 07, 2018 6:48 pm

There are indeed talks already in the works for next year! It was an incredible weekend, and they definitely want to make it happen again, even bigger and better than this one.

I'll make a long post about my experience later, since I'm currently sitting in an airport on my way back home, and don't want to type a wall of text on my phone :P It still feels unreal...
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

User avatar
MarCas92
Regular
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: U.S/Mexican Border
Contact:

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by MarCas92 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:07 pm

I had no interest in going to this one since there was barely any Japanese presence. Just Dub VA's and Youtubers. Hopefully if they do another one, (this one seemed to be quite successful) they can have more Japanese presence. But this one seemed for mostly DubBros.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Kataphrut
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Kataphrut » Mon May 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Just want to share this post by Chris Sabat wrapping up the event because it's heart-melting.

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/statu ... 0181343237

I've been keeping up with the buzz of this con jealously from afar. Sounds like a great time was had by all, all the folks who attended from the actors to the content creators have been singing its praises. The organisers and presenters should be proud and I hope we get to see more events like this in future because I really want to go to one at some point!

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10296
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:00 pm

So...was the Goku table super awkward? I admit, the only reason I'm even interested in this thing is the Schemmel/Kelamis drama.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5937
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon May 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:So...was the Goku table super awkward? I admit, the only reason I'm even interested in this thing is the Schemmel/Kelamis drama.
Apparently Schemmel left early on Sunday. I think he skipped out on a panel? I was busy presenting my panel that day, so I only heard that secondhand. But in the opening ceremonies, the voice actors were presented in different groups. So Kelamis and Drummond came out together as the Ocean representatives. And Schemmel wasn't there the first day anyway. As for autographs, they kept Schemmel and Kelamis not only in separate rooms but on separate floors of the convention center. So from what I saw, I don't think they had to interact much. However, I was never in the green room when they were both present, but at least publicly, it seems they were far away from each other.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/26/21!)
Current Episode: The Maturity of Son Goku - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Majin Boo Arc Part 17!

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10296
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:So...was the Goku table super awkward? I admit, the only reason I'm even interested in this thing is the Schemmel/Kelamis drama.
Apparently Schemmel left early on Sunday. I think he skipped out on a panel? I was busy presenting my panel that day, so I only heard that secondhand. But in the opening ceremonies, the voice actors were presented in different groups. So Kelamis and Drummond came out together as the Ocean representatives. And Schemmel wasn't there the first day anyway. As for autographs, they kept Schemmel and Kelamis not only in separate rooms but on separate floors of the convention center. So from what I saw, I don't think they had to interact much. However, I was never in the green room when they were both present, but at least publicly, it seems they were far away from each other.
Lame, I was hoping for a couple of middle-aged guys rolling around on the floor shouting "KAMAYAMAYA" at each other.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Blondiebear_17
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:11 am

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Blondiebear_17 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:13 pm

I hope that next year they will do away with the whole premium and VIP thing or at least adjust some things about it. The regular general admission people paid their money too. The fact that they didn't even get a real badge and got treated like second class citizens in panels and stuff was kinda ridiculous. They couldn't even really ask any questions or anything at panels.

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5937
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue May 08, 2018 10:52 am

Someone earlier mentioned wanting to see the panels from the con. While chances are, that person really wanted the ones with the voice actors, I did just upload my own panel: Sparking! The Secret History of Dragon Ball Z. It's all about that one letter. Where it came from. Why it came from? Who shaped the far-reaching split of the manga into two parts.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/26/21!)
Current Episode: The Maturity of Son Goku - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Majin Boo Arc Part 17!

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:48 pm

OK so lets drop in some QUICK QUICK QUICK bullet points:

#1 - Thanks to everybody who came out and made this a HISTORY CHANGING event for our fandom.

#2 - Kamehacon 2 is scheduled for April 12-14 2019. Same building but it'll be bigger because there will be a hotel attached

#3 - Kamehacon going to the UK is unlikely for now. In the future it is possible but not anytime soon (very expensive)

#4 - The people I pulled from here to work like Lance, TDC, Stacey, Ajay etc were absolutely fantastic.

#5 - There was NO DRAMA between Sean and Peter at this event. Literally none. In fact people saw them shaking hands. People need to drop this.

#6 - Japanese guests will be coming back. Ryo is a shoe-in but most likely more. We are trying to get the queen (you know who that is) and Horikawa-sama will probably put in a good word

#7 - The VA Panel videos will be up sometime this month but VIP/non attendees will get them on DVD first.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Rakurai » Tue May 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Glad to hear it went great!

If you guys can get VIPs like Toyotaro and animation legends like Nakatsuru to come for the next one, I would literally buy the most expensive package faster than Goku could teleport to King Kai's palace.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Rakurai wrote:Glad to hear it went great!

If you guys can get VIPs like Toyotaro and animation legends like Nakatsuru to come for the next one, I would literally buy the most expensive package faster than Goku could teleport to King Kai's palace.
One of those people is already in contact with the con. :D

Won't say who tho lol
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Michsi » Tue May 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:OK so lets drop in some QUICK QUICK QUICK bullet points:

#1 - Thanks to everybody who came out and made this a HISTORY CHANGING event for our fandom.

#2 - Kamehacon 2 is scheduled for April 12-14 2019. Same building but it'll be bigger because there will be a hotel attached

#3 - Kamehacon going to the UK is unlikely for now. In the future it is possible but not anytime soon (very expensive)

#4 - The people I pulled from here to work like Lance, TDC, Stacey, Ajay etc were absolutely fantastic.

#5 - There was NO DRAMA between Sean and Peter at this event. Literally none. In fact people saw them shaking hands. People need to drop this.

#6 - Japanese guests will be coming back. Ryo is a shoe-in but most likely more. We are trying to get the queen (you know who that is) and Horikawa-sama will probably put in a good word

#7 - The VA Panel videos will be up sometime this month but VIP/non attendees will get them on DVD first.
Congratulations!
If nothing else, I enjoyed seeing people tweeting about their experiences. Looked like a great event.
Kind of odd that there is virtually nothing about the VA panels - I'd assume more info about what was said would've popped up by now. Or are those to be released later?

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Michsi wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:OK so lets drop in some QUICK QUICK QUICK bullet points:

#1 - Thanks to everybody who came out and made this a HISTORY CHANGING event for our fandom.

#2 - Kamehacon 2 is scheduled for April 12-14 2019. Same building but it'll be bigger because there will be a hotel attached

#3 - Kamehacon going to the UK is unlikely for now. In the future it is possible but not anytime soon (very expensive)

#4 - The people I pulled from here to work like Lance, TDC, Stacey, Ajay etc were absolutely fantastic.

#5 - There was NO DRAMA between Sean and Peter at this event. Literally none. In fact people saw them shaking hands. People need to drop this.

#6 - Japanese guests will be coming back. Ryo is a shoe-in but most likely more. We are trying to get the queen (you know who that is) and Horikawa-sama will probably put in a good word

#7 - The VA Panel videos will be up sometime this month but VIP/non attendees will get them on DVD first.
Congratulations!
If nothing else, I enjoyed seeing people tweeting about their experiences. Looked like a great event.
Kind of odd that there is virtually nothing about the VA panels - I'd assume more info about what was said would've popped up by now. Or are those to be released later?
The video is being edited and will be released soon. The people who paid non-attending tickets get priority. You'll see them pop up for sure.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Post Reply