Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Who's in charge of Kameha-Con? Why would they let this one actor push them around?

Also wouldn't this actor's higher ups be able to reign this person in if they're exhibiting such diva like behavior as to get other actors barred from the con?

If this person had the other barred purely out of jealousy then what message does that send to others?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Chuquita wrote:Who's in charge of Kameha-Con? Why would they let this one actor push them around?

Also wouldn't this actor's higher ups be able to reign this person in if they're exhibiting such diva like behavior as to get other actors barred from the con?

If this person for the other barred purely out of jealousy then what message does that send to others?
That’s what I’m saying. I have no idea how this one person can have the power to ban others from attending. Seems a little fishy if you ask me like there’s a lot more going on than we know.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Really unfortunate that Kelamis won't be at the con due to a certain voice actor (we all know who it is) and as much as I enjoy the certain actor's performance with the character, it'll be hard sometimes watching the English Dub knowing the character is voiced by a whiny brat.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Is there a reason people aren't just saying "Sean Schemmel?" The guy isn't Voldemort.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Yeah, know sense being coy about it. This was obviously Schemmel, and as someone who defended his conduct on the AMA (or at least, was sympathetic even if I thought he handled it poorly), this is despicable behaviour. Petty and unprofessional.

Mate, you won! You're the definitive English Goku to like 95% of the fanbase. Kelamis is no threat to you, let people have their fun.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:59 pm

This marks Schemmel's second bout with a Canadian adult Goku. Just two more to complete the set.
Chuquita wrote:Who's in charge of Kameha-Con? Why would they let this one actor push them around?

If this person had the other barred purely out of jealousy then what message does that send to others?
Schemmel is a much bigger draw than Kelamis would be for a Dragon Ball convention taking place in the United States. If he's going to be a primadonna and demand no Kelamis or he won't attend, they'll do what they did.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Is there a reason people aren't just saying "Sean Schemmel?" The guy isn't Voldemort.
I mean, if he can Avada Kedavra someone else's invitation like that, I wouldn't be too sure.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:08 pm

You're acting like he's The Rock. He's Sean Schemmel and a D-List celebrity, if that.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Atp23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Atp23 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Let's just have the goddess goat Masako Nozawa come by and see how second fiddle this bully VA(s) feels then. That won't happen? Okay, well I can still dream.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Is Sean even attending the con? He's not listed. https://www.kamehacon.com/actors

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:53 pm

DHM211 wrote:Is Sean even attending the con? He's not listed. https://www.kamehacon.com/actors
They're announcing guests periodically leading up to the con. And as this incident demonstrates, they're still actively lining guests up. There's not a complete list out yet.
Last edited by Gaffer Tape on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 pm

They're announcing someone big tomorrow.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:07 pm

Chuquita wrote:They're announcing someone big tomorrow.
If it's Schemmel, that'll be funny. I don't think he's been formally announced, but he's been a shoe in.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:20 pm

MarCas92 wrote:
If it's Schemmel, that'll be funny. I don't think he's been formally announced, but he's been a shoe in.
I can only imagine the reactions if Schemmel gets announced tomorrow on the heels of Kelamis being booted off the guest list by a jealous mystery actor.

Surely Kameha-Con would know better than to announce Schemmel tomorrow? Surely they'd wait for things to calm down before picking a day to do that.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Chuquita wrote: Surely Kameha-Con would know better than to announce Schemmel tomorrow? Surely they'd wait for things to calm down before picking a day to do that.

Idk. After this whole debacle, I can't help but question Kamehacon's management. If it's not Schemmel then it'll probably be the Japanese guest they hinted at a few months ago.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:49 pm

I really, really hope this isn't what it looks like, but man...not gonna lie, it doesn't really seem likely that it could be anyone else.

I love Schemmel's work as Goku, and a voice actor in general. I wish he got to be in more things that I watch/want to watch. But I can't deny that there are...issues, at times, with him, that are super disappointing to a fan of his. I feel like he was pretty badly affected by the era when basically nobody would let the dub actors get one word out without being lynched by fans that hated dubs of any kind (much less the kind of dub FUNi was putting out back then), and he's never really gotten over it seems like. Some fans continue to egg it on sometimes too. But this? If he really did get another actor, whether they played the same role he did or not, booted from a con, then that's just the lowest form of pettiness I can imagine. Beyond disappointed if that's what happened.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:11 pm

Chuquita wrote:
MarCas92 wrote:
I can only imagine the reactions if Schemmel gets announced tomorrow on the heels of Kelamis being booted off the guest list by a jealous mystery actor.

Surely Kameha-Con would know better than to announce Schemmel tomorrow? Surely they'd wait for things to calm down before picking a day to do that.
Schemmel has not been known to be self-aware and probably wouldn't care if people hate him for what we think he did to Kelamis.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:20 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
MarCas92 wrote:

Schemmel has not been known to be self-aware and probably wouldn't care if people hate him for what we think he did to Kelamis.
I'm thinking more about the con's reputation. Who's running Kameha-Con?
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Chuquita wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

I'm thinking more about the con's reputation. Who's running Kameha-Con?
That is anyone's guess at this point. The only person who has that answer is Geekdom101, voice actors, and the other hosts like Ajay.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:30 pm

They're all just dub actors anyway, they should know their place. They're not the original cast, even if many US fans like to treat them as such.

That in and of itself is hilarious... Almost nobody will give a fuck that Schemmel didn't want to play nice with Kelamis, but imagine the shit storm if Nozawa decided she wanted Schemmel out! :lol:

So backwards and stupid, once again nothing involving Dragon Ball ever goes off without a hitch.

It also pisses me off because the franchise has a really interesting history in America, which Schemmel is effectively trying to erase by getting an actor from a previous dub booted from the con. What is he even afraid of? I'd love to fly to this con, all the way from the East Coast, just to call Schemmel out to his face.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn