Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by obiwan23s » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:18 am

TODAY, ON KAMEHA-CON 2019!!

Long day, most of it spent driving, but I basically completed my personal quest to find the Dragon Balls today. 16 years ago my dad took me to my first con and I met a bunch of voice actors from DBZ. Over the years I went to a few more cons and started collecting more autographs. But by the time I was an adult and really able to take myself to cons I wanted to go to, Kai had come out and Bulma, Gohan and Frieza got new voices.

I was able to get Linda Young's autograph at a con in 2017, and knew that Tiffany Vollmer still went to some cons, but none of them were ever really near where I lived. I was holding out that she would go to one near me at some point. But I thought Stephanie Nadolny was probably one autograph that I had just lost to time. My wish came true and I got to meet them both today. Stephanie skipped a panel to sign for like 50+ people who were in line for her table. There was this family who was all in cosplay, with three little girls wearing the blue & orange Goku uniform and I heard her say she wasn't charging for the girls' autographs. I thought the whole thing, skipping the panel to sign for us and hooking up the kiddos with free autographs was awesome. Also met Kara Edwards and got her to sign it since I had never met her either. She was super nice, hope Super comes back and they use Goten some more.

Thanks to Geekdom101 and everyone else who put this con together. Wish I could have gone to all 3 days but I only had the time to come up today. So worth it though, getting the autograph of every major character was something I never thought I'd do. Only took half my life so far :D

Here's the collection in all its glory. Next step: get it professionally framed.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:37 am

Ummmm....the title is wrong...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:42 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:37 am Ummmm....the title is wrong...
I don't think a 2019 thread was ever made.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:56 am

Oh damn... Never thought I would see this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9v2oSjlmdk

Castañeda, Corlett, Kelamis, Morrow and Nadolny all together firing a Kamehameha. :D

Edit: Oh, there was also a triple Galick Gun with Drummond, García and Sabat :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6sCiceEfSY

Man, I would have liked to go there but I don't live in the U.S or specifically Texas :(

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:09 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG! THAT'S FUCKING EPIC.

I wish Nozawa was there. She and Mario HAVE TO MEET.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:31 pm

The Kamehacon staff is really amazing for making this possible. :clap:

By the way... am I the only one who initially mistook Corlett for a college professor? You know, his beard and clothes made me thought so. :lol:

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 am

Anyone got a list of (and perhaps links to?) the panels from the con?

Only one I can find on YouTube is the 3xVegetas one. Awesome as it is, I'd like to see the Gokus panel, and I'm curious whether Scott McNeil was on any. There doesn't appear to be any kind of list on the site.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am

Robo4900 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 am Anyone got a list of (and perhaps links to?) the panels from the con?

Only one I can find on YouTube is the 3xVegetas one. Awesome as it is, I'd like to see the Gokus panel, and I'm curious whether Scott McNeil was on any. There doesn't appear to be any kind of list on the site.
Here's the Goku panel;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wxBDT4_rWU

A brief portion of the Ocean dub panel with McNeil, Corlett, Kelamis, and Drummnd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7wWDtR2LiA

And also the GT panel with Stephanie Nadolny, Eric Vale, and Elise Baughman;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRPtYZzC8M

Hopefully someone will upload more soon.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:53 am

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am
Robo4900 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 am Anyone got a list of (and perhaps links to?) the panels from the con?

Here's the Goku panel;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wxBDT4_rWU

A brief portion of the Ocean dub panel with McNeil, Corlett, Kelamis, and Drummnd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7wWDtR2LiA

And also the GT panel with Stephanie Nadolny, Eric Vale, and Elise Baughman;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRPtYZzC8M

Hopefully someone will upload more soon.
Right. That's nice.

Though I'm not a fan of just watching random parts of panels, so those last two, I'm waiting on full uploads.

Ugh. But y'know, goddammit, that "Redden Family Fun" channel that seems to have uploaded full panels is actually missing significant portions of their panels. >_<
Just look at the first minute or so of that Goku panel video; they start in the middle of Corlett talking, then suddenly cut him off and skip to Kelamis talking.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 am

TheRed259 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:50 pm Chris Sabat, Brian Drummond and Rene Garcia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOWs-bqTSP4
Better video needed; that one is incomplete. Cuts out at random times.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Croletts dubbing story, wasn't that the first episode of Dragon Ball? And if that's the case, someone from TEOI was there to monitor/supervise? That's the first i've heard of that :O

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Anyone know why Sean decided not to go?
One World. 🌐 🕊

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:21 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 pm Anyone know why Sean decided not to go?
No idea. Maybe it had to do with the other Gokus?
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:22 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 pm Anyone know why Sean decided not to go?
It's a shame he didn't. Him not being there for the Goku panel and the multiple Kamehameha was a missed opportunity.

Honestly I think it would have been awkward for him given the drama from last year. He's also clashed with Kirby Morrow before, and Ian James Corlett was clearly well aware of last years situation as he weighed in on twitter at the time. So yeah as awesome as it would have been to have him there, his absence wasn't a surprise.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:17 am

90sDBZ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:22 pm
It's a shame he didn't. Him not being there for the Goku panel and the multiple Kamehameha was a missed opportunity.

Honestly I think it would have been awkward for him given the drama from last year. He's also clashed with Kirby Morrow before, and Ian James Corlett was clearly well aware of last years situation as he weighed in on twitter at the time. So yeah as awesome as it would have been to have him there, his absence wasn't a surprise.
What drama occurred last year? I didn't know something had happened.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:25 am

He was recording lines

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:18 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 pm Croletts dubbing story, wasn't that the first episode of Dragon Ball? And if that's the case, someone from TEOI was there to monitor/supervise? That's the first i've heard of that :O
Yes, it was DB. Episode 1, in fact.
And no, someone from Toei wasn't there, but as he's said in other times he's told the story, they had some people from Toei they could call on the phone at any time to get any advice on the translation/adaptation.
PhoenixEX wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:17 am What drama occurred last year? I didn't know something had happened.
Allegedly he had something in his contract that made it awkward for Peter Kelamis to attend, but it was sorted out, allegedly they talked it out, and everyone involved says it's all good.

Naturally, it's entirely possible there's something more going on behind closed doors, but one can only speculate.

If I'm honest, I think Schemmel has probably ticked off some of the other Gokus. It's kind of known he can be a bit of a diva sometimes, and his somewhat standoffish attitudes towards the other Gokus are on record. But they're all professionals, and this is for the fans, so I think at worst, they'd all just lump it and give the fans a fun con experience while quietly trading snide remarks behind the scenes.

At worst.

Again, they're professionals. I don't think there's a big drama going on behind the scenes, just a guy who ticked some people off a while ago but no one wants to make a big deal out of it. My remark about them making snide remarks is, as I say, an at-worst scenario. I seriously don't think it's anywhere near as bad as people like to assume/imply.

SquadronGOD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SquadronGOD » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Because he's full of himself..

Last year was so much better. Definitely wont be attending next year. Theres literally no reason to pay for anything more than the opening day.. huge disappointment.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:39 pm

SquadronGOD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:34 pm
Because he's full of himself..

Last year was so much better. Definitely wont be attending next year. Theres literally no reason to pay for anything more than the opening day.. huge disappointment.
Again, he was recording lines. Chill with the passive aggressive bullshit