Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:05 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:Peter Kelamis just announced on the Facebook Page.
Wait, really?

Oh man, Peter Kelamis... That's so cool. :D
I wouldn't be able to go even if I wanted to, but that's so cool.

From the site: "We will be bringing voice actors spanning all dubs of the series."

Okay, here's my predictions: Ian Corlett, Kirby Morrow, Stephanie Nadolny, Saffron Henderson, Zoe Slusar, Jeffrey Watson, Jeremiah Yurk, Richard Ian Cox, Ceyli Delgadillo, Lex Lang, and David Gasman. Get all the English Gokus. :lol:
Actually, that'd be a pretty amazing panel. Just all of the Gokus being Goku togther.
Hell, just Kelamis and Schemmel on a panel together would be a blast as-is.

Anyway, I do hope a good chunk of the Ocean crew show up. Would be cool to get a panel of like Chris Sabat, Sean Schemmel, Scott McNeil, Brian Drummond, and Peter Kelamis. It'd be really amazing to see the two casts interacting and discussing stuff.
Plus, let's face it, Scott McNeil is amazing. If I could meet one voice actor at a con or something, I'd pick Scott McNeil.

EDIT: Wait a sec, I don't actually see Kelamis on the Facebook page, or on the site... :?:
EDIT 2: Found this, so at least there's that. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:Peter Kelamis just announced on the Facebook Page.
Wait, really?

Oh man, Peter Kelamis... That's so cool. :D
I wouldn't be able to go even if I wanted to, but that's so cool.

From the site: "We will be bringing voice actors spanning all dubs of the series."

Okay, here's my predictions: Ian Corlett, Kirby Morrow, Stephanie Nadolny, Saffron Henderson, Zoe Slusar, Jeffrey Watson, Jeremiah Yurk, Richard Ian Cox, Ceyli Delgadillo, Lex Lang, and David Gasman. Get all the English Gokus. :lol:
Actually, that'd be a pretty amazing panel. Just all of the Gokus being Goku togther.
Hell, just Kelamis and Schemmel on a panel together would be a blast as-is.

Anyway, I do hope a good chunk of the Ocean crew show up. Would be cool to get a panel of like Chris Sabat, Sean Schemmel, Scott McNeil, Brian Drummond, and Peter Kelamis. It'd be really amazing to see the two casts interacting and discussing stuff.
Plus, let's face it, Scott McNeil is amazing. If I could meet one voice actor at a con or something, I'd pick Scott McNeil.

EDIT: Wait a sec, I don't actually see Kelamis on the Facebook page, or on the site... :?:
EDIT 2: Found this, so at least there's that. :)

There are so many things I wanna say here I'm not allowed to say about ALL of it, both good and bad. Just be aware more people are coming.

Kelamis was a twitter-exclusive announcement btw hahaha.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:16 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:There are so many things I wanna say here I'm not allowed to say about ALL of it, both good and bad. Just be aware more people are coming.
Yeah, thought so. Still, sounds very exciting. Sad I can't go, but I look forward to seeing panel videos and such. :)
Geekdom101 wrote:Kelamis was a twitter-exclusive announcement btw hahaha.
Oh, right. You did say it was announced on Facebook, though. :lol:
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:35 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:There are so many things I wanna say here I'm not allowed to say about ALL of it, both good and bad. Just be aware more people are coming.
Yeah, thought so. Still, sounds very exciting. Sad I can't go, but I look forward to seeing panel videos and such. :)
Geekdom101 wrote:Kelamis was a twitter-exclusive announcement btw hahaha.
Oh, right. You did say it was announced on Facebook, though. :lol:

O yea. I forgot. That too!

It'll be on the site soon!

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:36 pm

I just heard about this through Facebook. The current guest lineup is really cool. I live in Austin and I love that we're getting a DragonBall-centric con so close!

I'm really on the tip of ordering a ticket, but I'm waiting to see what Japanese guests (if any) we'll be getting. Voice actors? Artists? I know Nakao, Furukawa, and Horikawa frequent quite a few US conventions each year. And of course, there was that legendary Animazement 2013 where Nozawa was a guest of honor. Hmm... I also wonder if some of the more knowledgeable/authoritative fans (Mike, Meri, Derek Padula) have any interest in attending? Another Kanzenshuu-meetup, perhaps? You guys do such awesome stuff and a con would be a great way to share your work/passion with a large audience.

Also... I don't know how often you check this forum, Geekdom101, but just wanted to say I'm a fan and thanks for your hard work both on YouTube and for this con.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:27 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:I just heard about this through Facebook. The current guest lineup is really cool. I live in Austin and I love that we're getting a DragonBall-centric con so close!

I'm really on the tip of ordering a ticket, but I'm waiting to see what Japanese guests (if any) we'll be getting. Voice actors? Artists? I know Nakao, Furukawa, and Horikawa frequent quite a few US conventions each year. And of course, there was that legendary Animazement 2013 where Nozawa was a guest of honor. Hmm... I also wonder if some of the more knowledgeable/authoritative fans (Mike, Meri, Derek Padula) have any interest in attending? Another Kanzenshuu-meetup, perhaps? You guys do such awesome stuff and a con would be a great way to share your work/passion with a large audience.

Also... I don't know how often you check this forum, Geekdom101, but just wanted to say I'm a fan and thanks for your hard work both on YouTube and for this con.
Lots of things i can't tell you yet cause the con owners have me sworn to secrecy.

I am the guy putting together the panels w/ the con owners and there will be many personal panels and big panels involving some very interesting topics.

As far as Kanzenshuu goes: its up to VegettoEX to hit me up if interested. 2018 is the 20 year anniversary of VegettoEX's Home Page. A panel would be fitting, but its not up to me.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:46 am

Just confirmed a MAJOR music-related guest FROM JAPAN.

No guesses... but the announcement should come in the coming month or two.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:57 am

Geekdom101 wrote:Just confirmed a MAJOR music-related guest FROM JAPAN.

You spoil us Geekdom
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:54 am

majinwarman wrote:

You spoil us Geekdom
I'm trying!

SquadronGOD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SquadronGOD » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:35 pm

So many people waiting to listen to translators talk... hahahaha. I was going regardless of what actors showed up.. just for the experience of being surrounded by DB lovers. I got a VIP pass :)

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:47 pm

I think I already know who he is, but I’m not gonna spoil it.
Big Green: And you say you're the prince of the Space Warriors.
Vejituh: Oh Big Green, face reali-TY!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:07 am

I just want to make this VERY VERY clear.

I am NOT INVOLVED in any of the planning for this convention or guest booking outside of hosting the con and organizing the panels.

Any decisions made internally are not made by me. I can make suggestions from time to time, but outside of that, I am not involved in that beyond hosting.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Reposting my post from the other thread here because this is the more appropriate thread:

How could one actor have that much power to ban Kelamis from the con?!

Is there a way to petition-override this person and get Kelamis' access reinstated or is it a lost cause?

From what I read it doesn't sound like Kelamis did anything wrong, but this other person decided they didn't want him there because personal reasons even though I'm willing to bet more people want to meet Kelamis than don't want to.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 pm

That explains Geekdom's clarification a few posts up, did find it odd why he would randomly post that but makes sense now, wise thing to do.

Though now I am confused on who is running it, I thought it was a fan-made convention? But anyway this does suck a lot, even if I am not going, glad Peter came out with it, I think fans deserved the truth.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:15 pm

For people who have as knowledge of this franchise when it comes to the dub actors as far back as the mid 2000's, it's pretty easy to guess who this probably was. There's only one actor with a history of getting upset whenever people remind him that other English actors have voiced Goku. :roll: But this is a new low. Talk about petty and having an ego.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:21 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:For people who have as knowledge of this franchise when it comes to the dub actors as far back as the mid 2000's, it's pretty easy to guess who this probably was. There's only one actor with a history of getting upset whenever people remind him that other English actors have voiced Goku. :roll: But this us a new low. Talk about petty and having an ego.
I will defend him when it comes to his work but this is pretty shitty, and how the hell did it even get to the stage he could do something like this? I guess the fear of losing him to them was bigger than Peter?

I can't imagine how gutting it must be for fans going.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:For people who have as knowledge of this franchise when it comes to the dub actors as far back as the mid 2000's, it's pretty easy to guess who this probably was. There's only one actor with a history of getting upset whenever people remind him that other English actors have voiced Goku. :roll: But this us a new low. Talk about petty and having an ego.
I will defend him when it comes to his work but this is pretty shitty, and how the hell did it even get to the stage he could do something like this? I guess the fear of losing him to them was bigger than Peter?

I can't imagine how gutting it must be for fans going.
If they lose HIM, they run the risk of him trying to drag the rest of the Funimation cast with him. They could lose multiple guests or they do what he says and get rid of Kelamis. In the end the one hurt the most is the fans which as an entertainer is a low and dirty thing for HIM to do to fans of the character.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Kelamis cancelled due to pettiness.
No Japanese representation.
No Latin American Representation.

I can't be too harsh since its the 1st one, but there is no reason for me to go now. Geekdom stated 4 months ago that they were going to announce a Japanese guest but I'm assuming that fell through or they haven't come to an agreement yet. I'm tempted to go just to support, but I can already imagine it being packed with DubBros and the idea of the panels makes me cringe knowing the type of people that will show up and the questions/comments they'll make.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Wow, and I thought he couldn't get worse after the fits he threw and "artistic license" thing, but this is just really petty.
Last edited by Helios518 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:15 pm

If this really is who I think it is, that’s just sad. I defended the artistic license stuff but damn.