New Dragon Ball content in Spain (DVD/BD, Manga, Albums, Databooks...)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

New Dragon Ball content in Spain (DVD/BD, Manga, Albums, Databooks...)

Post by MrKaytos » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi there guys! I'm here to inform you about the new Dragon Ball content that will be released in Spain!

1- DVD/Blu-ray (Selecta Visión)

MOVIES

-Dragon Ball BOX Full Movies (DVD) -Available-

-Dragon Ball Z BOX 1 Movies (BD) -Available with an exclusive cover from Toei Animation (that what Selecta Vision said).

-Dragon Ball Z BOX 2 Movies (BD) - 13th December.

ORIGINAL SERIES

-Dragon Ball Full Series Pack (DVD) -13th December.

-Dragon Ball Z Full Series Pack (DVD) -13th December.

DRAGON BALL SUPER

-Dragon Ball Super BOX 1 (DVD/BD) - 8th November.

-Dragon Ball Super BOX 2 (DVD/BD) - 13th December.

2- Official Stickers/Cards

-Dragon Ball Z Mini Stickers (Panini) -Available-

Panini is very famous around the world and the company has been releasing Dragon Ball material in Spain since the 90's. Now you can find in some stores the following mini stickers which cover all Dragon Ball Z arcs, even the filler:

-Dragon Ball Super Sticker Album (Panini) -Available-

We were waiting for this and it's been a great success! The new Dragon Ball Super Sticker Album is available in Spain, completely official and with astonishing art (there are screenshots from the series -they chose the good ones- and other special illustrations). This first album covers the two first arcs: Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.

Here you are the package. If you want the pictures inside, let me know, because I got all the stickers and they are wonderful:

-Dragon Ball Z Lamincards (Serie Oro) -Available-

Well, this is not new, but it has been re-released due to the success of Dragon Ball Super on Spanish TV. This collection of Mundicromo (Edibas) focuses on DBZ and the art is quite cool!!

3- Manga/Databooks (Planeta Cómic)

Planeta Cómic is the company that brings to Spain the best manga titles of Dragon Ball. Like Panini, they have been releasing DB products since the 90's, and now we're living a new golden age! Here you are all Planeta Cómic content:

-Dragon Ball Kanzenban Ultimate Edition- Available-

This famous edition was released in 2006 (before that, we had 6 different editions of the manga "Serie Blanca", "Serie Roja", "Serie Amarilla", "Serie Azul", "White tankobon" -like the original japanese- and "Yellow tankobon"- smaller than the previous one-). If it ended so many years ago, why do I mention this Kanzenban edition? Because it's selling reaaaally well even today in Spain.

-Dragon Ball Anime Comics (Movies)- Available-

In the 90's, Planeta Cómic released some volumes, but they gave up... However, in 2015 they decided to start again and they are releasing all DB Anime Comics, even the TV special of GT. The collection hasn't finished yet, and next number will be out this month ("Fusion Reborn").

Aaaand yep, we have a Catalan edition too, it's kind of cultural here regarding DB!! All DB manga from Planeta Comic has been released in Catalan and Spanish, since the first day in the 90's.

-Dragon Ball Anime Comics (Series) -Available-

Planeta Comic has just released the first ones covering Saiyan Saga, BUT they have confirmed that they will continue with the rest of volumes:

-Dragon Ball SD -Available-

The first volume was released in 2014, and the third one (the last in Spain at the moment) in 2016.

-Dragon Ball Chogashuu- Available-

Well, this is really interesting. Some years ago, Planeta Comic released the volume you can see below, based on one of the DB Daizenshuu. This illustration book was the only one that came to Spain regarding Daizenshuu collection (and it's still available). BUT...

As you already know, in Japan there was a revision of that volume, known as Chogashuu... Well, Planeta Comic released that volume in Spain too, and it's exactly like the Japanese one. Beautiful:

-Dragon Ball Chozenshuu- Available-

You aren't dreaming! Dragon Ball Chozenshuu, the huge Daizenshuu revision has come to Spain too thanks to Planeta Cómic. This month the third volume will be released, and the fourth one will be available next year (the last one of the collection). By the way, the fourth volume has been REALLY difficult to bring here, but Planeta succeeded with the negotiation.

As you can see, in Spain they're called "Dragon Ball Compendio", instead of "Chozenshuu".

-Dragon Ball Full Color -Available-

Obviously, Planeta Cómic has released Dragon Ball Full Color. We have all the volumes regarding Z arcs out there, and... YES! Planeta Comic is releasing the volumes covering Kid Goku adventures too! So we'll have pretty soon all DB manga in a printed full color edition. The volumes are exactly the same as the Japanese ones and some of them even include postcards.

To tell you the truth, the edition is great, like the Japanese, but I'm collecting the Viz Media one, given that it's kind of unique with that HUGE format.

Dragon Ball Landmark and Forever -Available-

These books are a tiny encyclopedia of Dragon Ball and they were released in Spain some years ago. It's still available! Again, it looks like the original one regarding the format.

Dragon Ball Super Manga -Available-

Of course, we have Dragon Ball Super manga in Spain, but we have two different editions, unlike the rest of the countries! As I told you above, Planeta Cómic released in the 90's different editions of DB manga, and "Serie Roja" was one of the most famous. You can see here a photo:

Well, after strong negotiations with Shueisha, Planeta Comic got to make an arrangement to release a "Dragon Ball Super Serie Roja" edition!! And the number of serialization continues the last volume from the 90's. Spanish fandom couldn't believe this, as it's a decision full of nostalgia!! What about the sales of this Super Serie Roja edition? Astonishing, number 1 in Amazon Spain. They worked soooo well that they have decided to continue with this comic-book format until the end of Toyotaro's manga.

What about the tankobon? Don't worry, because Planeta Comic is also releasing that format!! Last month they released the first volume, and as you can see, it's really like the Japanese one, BUT it comes with two postcards as a present!!

Just to finish, here you are a promo page from Planeta Comic, showing part of their DB material available:

Well, I think this is enough at the moment. I hope you like all this material and feel free to comment what you think about our editions!!! Thanks :)
Last edited by MrKaytos on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Re: New Dragon Ball DVD/BD content in Spain (Selecta Vision)

Post by LordCrumb » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:27 am

Lovely looking packaging.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:21 am

Shit. I'm digging the cover arts. But are the bd movies the same as everywhere else (Funimation transfers)?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:56 am

Why can't funimation do anything like these ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:09 am

The main DB and Z box artwork don't look great, feels like they just slapped together a bunch of promo art together.

And no disc art on the old movies?

DBS release looks nice though, even if the covers are slightly too busy for my tastes.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:49 am

sangofe wrote:Shit. I'm digging the cover arts. But are the bd movies the same as everywhere else (Funimation transfers)?
Nope, they didn't use the FUNimation transfer. Do you want a photo?

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:02 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The main DB and Z box artwork don't look great, feels like they just slapped together a bunch of promo art together.

And no disc art on the old movies?

DBS release looks nice though, even if the covers are slightly too busy for my tastes.
Yeah, we have disc art on the movies, but on other editions of Selecta Visión like this one:

They have released in Spain 5 or 6 different editions, it's insane xD But all of them have great quality, that's for sure!

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Re: New Dragon Ball content in Spain (DVD/BD, Manga, Albums, Databooks...)

Post by MrKaytos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 am

As you can see, I've decided to change the title of the subject because I'll show around here ALL Dragon Ball content that is being released in Spain, not only DVD/BD ^^ Here you are what I've added to the main topic:

2- Official Stickers/Cards

-Dragon Ball Z Mini Stickers (Panini) -Available-

Panini is very famous around the world and the company has been releasing Dragon Ball material in Spain since the 90's. Now you can find in some stores the following mini stickers which cover all Dragon Ball Z arcs, even the filler:

-Dragon Ball Super Sticker Album (Panini) -Available-

We were waiting for this and it's been a great success! The new Dragon Ball Super Sticker Album is available in Spain, completely official and with astonishing art (there are screenshots from the series -they chose the good ones- and other special illustrations). This first album covers the two first arcs: Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.

Here you are the package. If you want the pictures inside, let me know, because I got all the stickers and they are wonderful:

-Dragon Ball Z Lamincards (Serie Oro) -Available-

Well, this is not new, but it has been re-released due to the success of Dragon Ball Super on Spanish TV. This collection of Mundicromo (Edibas) focuses on DBZ and the art is quite cool!!

3- Manga/Databooks (Planeta Cómic)

Planeta Cómic is the company that brings to Spain the best manga titles of Dragon Ball. Like Panini, they have been releasing DB products since the 90's, and now we're living a new golden age! Here you are all Planeta Cómic content:

-Dragon Ball Kanzenban Ultimate Edition- Available-

This famous edition was released in 2006 (before that, we had 6 different editions of the manga "Serie Blanca", "Serie Roja", "Serie Amarilla", "Serie Azul", "White tankobon" -like the original japanese- and "Yellow tankobon"- smaller than the previous one-). If it ended so many years ago, why do I mention this Kanzenban edition? Because it's selling reaaaally well even today in Spain.

-Dragon Ball Anime Comics (Movies)- Available-

In the 90's, Planeta Cómic released some volumes, but they gave up... However, in 2015 they decided to start again and they are releasing all DB Anime Comics, even the TV special of GT. The collection hasn't finished yet, and next number will be out this month ("Fusion Reborn").

Aaaand yep, we have a Catalan edition too, it's kind of cultural here regarding DB!! All DB manga from Planeta Comic has been released in Catalan and Spanish, since the first day in the 90's.

-Dragon Ball Anime Comics (Series) -Available-

Planeta Comic has just released the first ones covering Saiyan Saga, BUT they have confirmed that they will continue with the rest of volumes:

-Dragon Ball SD -Available-

The first volume was released in 2014, and the third one (the last in Spain at the moment) in 2016.

-Dragon Ball Chogashuu- Available-

Well, this is really interesting. Some years ago, Planeta Comic released the volume you can see below, based on one of the DB Daizenshuu. This illustration book was the only one that came to Spain regarding Daizenshuu collection (and it's still available). BUT...

As you already know, in Japan there was a revision of that volume, known as Chogashuu... Well, Planeta Comic released that volume in Spain too, and it's exactly like the Japanese one. Beautiful:

-Dragon Ball Chozenshuu- Available-

You aren't dreaming! Dragon Ball Chozenshuu, the huge Daizenshuu revision has come to Spain too thanks to Planeta Cómic. This month the third volume will be released, and the fourth one will be available next year (the last one of the collection). By the way, the fourth volume has been REALLY difficult to bring here, but Planeta succeeded with the negotiation.

As you can see, in Spain they're called "Dragon Ball Compendio", instead of "Chozenshuu".

-Dragon Ball Full Color -Available-

Obviously, Planeta Cómic has released Dragon Ball Full Color. We have all the volumes regarding Z arcs out there, and... YES! Planeta Comic is releasing the volumes covering Kid Goku adventures too! So we'll have pretty soon all DB manga in a printed full color edition. The volumes are exactly the same as the Japanese ones and some of them even include postcards.

To tell you the truth, the edition is great, like the Japanese, but I'm collecting the Viz Media one, given that it's kind of unique with that HUGE format.

Dragon Ball Landmark and Forever -Available-

These books are a tiny encyclopedia of Dragon Ball and they were released in Spain some years ago. It's still available! Again, it looks like the original one regarding the format.

Dragon Ball Super Manga -Available-

Of course, we have Dragon Ball Super manga in Spain, but we have two different editions, unlike the rest of the countries! As I told you above, Planeta Cómic released in the 90's different editions of DB manga, and "Serie Roja" was one of the most famous. You can see here a photo:

Well, after strong negotiations with Shueisha, Planeta Comic got to make an arrangement to relased a "Dragon Ball Super Serie Roja" edition!! And the number of serialization continues the last volume from the 90's. Spanish fandom couldn't believe this, as it's a decision full of nostalgia!! What about the sales of this Super Serie Roja edition? Astonishing, number 1 in Amazon Spain. They worked soooo well that they have decided to continue with this comic-book format until the end of Toyotaro's manga.

What about the tankobon? Don't worry, because Planeta Comic is also releasing that format!! Last month they relased the first volume, and as you can see, it's really like the Japanes one, BUT it comes with two postcards as a present!!

Just to finish, here you are a promo page from Planeta Comic, showing part of their DB material available:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 am

MrKaytos wrote:
sangofe wrote:Shit. I'm digging the cover arts. But are the bd movies the same as everywhere else (Funimation transfers)?
Yes. I'd like that very much. Has all the movies and specials been released?

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Ignore him, they definitely did use the FUNi transfer. I checked.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Wow. They got some daizenshuus! That's awesome. I wish that Viz (or whomever it would be) would release those. Plus the original Dragon Ball colored manga? Very nice.

But those DVD packages are awesome. I loved the covers for the Blu-ray season sets, but other than that, their Kai/Super formula of the simple covers with the white background don't work for me. If I was in a store and saw the packaging from Spain, it would actually make me want to own it. Very cool stuff coming out in Spain!

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:13 pm

sangofe wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:
Sorry, I read wrong your message, I thought you meant the DVD movies. I'm not sure at all if they used the FUNimation transfer for the BD movies.

Selecta Visión has released on DVD all the movies and specials but for 2008, 2010 and 2011 ones. And, regarding BD movies, same situation, adding the 4 DB Kid Goku movies, which aren't on this format neither.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:25 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Wow. They got some daizenshuus! That's awesome. I wish that Viz (or whomever it would be) would release those. Plus the original Dragon Ball colored manga? Very nice.

But those DVD packages are awesome. I loved the covers for the Blu-ray season sets, but other than that, their Kai/Super formula of the simple covers with the white background don't work for me. If I was in a store and saw the packaging from Spain, it would actually make me want to own it. Very cool stuff coming out in Spain!
Thanks TheGreatness25!! If you are interested in more stuff or want so see all the covers from the DVD/BD editions, just let me know. For instance, the BD edition of DBZ Movies comes with a booklet of 20 pages full of information and illustrations ^^

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:30 pm

MrKaytos wrote:
sangofe wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:
Sorry, I read wrong your message, I thought you meant the DVD movies. I'm not sure at all if they used the FUNimation transfer for the BD movies.

Selecta Visión has released on DVD all the movies and specials but for 2008, 2010 and 2011 ones. And, regarding BD movies, same situation, adding the 4 DB Kid Goku movies, which aren't on this format neither.
It would be very interesting to compare the BD releases.
Puto wrote:Ignore him, they definitely did use the FUNi transfer. I checked.
Ok. That's too bad.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:32 pm

MrKaytos wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:Wow. They got some daizenshuus! That's awesome. I wish that Viz (or whomever it would be) would release those. Plus the original Dragon Ball colored manga? Very nice.

Thanks TheGreatness25!! If you are interested in more stuff or want so see all the covers from the DVD/BD editions, just let me know. For instance, the BD edition of DBZ Movies comes with a booklet of 20 pages full of information and illustrations ^^
I'm always very interested to see the various releases, to be honest with you.

This isn't the same dub as the one that aired in Mexico, is it? If it was, I'd probably buy it (or attempt to).

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:49 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:

I'm always very interested to see the various releases, to be honest with you.

This isn't the same dub as the one that aired in Mexico, is it? If it was, I'd probably buy it (or attempt to).
It's totally different from Mexico. In Spain we have our own dub, which was criticised in the past due to the freedom when translating certain terms like "Onda Vital" instead of "Kame Hame Ha". Fortunately, these mistakes have been solved and we've had a perfect translation since 2014, when Battle of Gods was released in Spanish cinemas with a wonderful Spanish dub/translation ^^ Dragon Ball Super continues this new path and fans are really happy with the result.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:39 am

MrKaytos wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:
MrKaytos wrote: Dragon Ball Super continues this new path and fans are really happy with the result.
I've seen quite some complaints about the censoring on TV.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:42 am

sangofe wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:
Yeah, it's horrible because the dub is full, without censorship, but channel Boing is broadcasting the series with lots of cuts... Fortunately, Selecta Visión edition on DVD/BD is full ^^

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:30 am

MrKaytos wrote:
sangofe wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:
Yeah, it's horrible because the dub is full, without censorship, but channel Boing is broadcasting the series with lots of cuts... Fortunately, Selecta Visión edition on DVD/BD is full ^^
The dub scripts are faithful?

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 pm

sangofe wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:
sangofe wrote:
The dub scripts are faithful?
Of course, really faithful. I can tell you that because I'm in contact with the dub team.