Which character has the most rabid fanboys/fangirls?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Which character has the most rabid fanboys/fangirls?

Post by ABED » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:04 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
ABED wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:It has to be Broly, no doubt about it.
I think the anti-Broly people are more rabid.
How so?
Because what I mostly see from Broly fans is that he's cool. Anti-Broly people not only dislike him they take shots at those that do like him. Any groups that's anti-anything is pretty much guaranteed to be worse than fans.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Brolly's rabid fans become some kind of Yeti of DB community, especially on this forum. While someone mentions from time to time that he is cool, there used to be a lots of threads bashing unseen "fanboys".
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

jgforever

Post by jgforever » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Definitely Broly

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:46 am

I dunno other sites opinion on Broly, but I've never really seen a lot of Broly fans here, mostly people just bashing him, and his fanboys. Not denying it, but it's really not true for here.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:11 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:I dunno other sites opinion on Broly, but I've never really seen a lot of Broly fans here, mostly people just bashing him, and his fanboys. Not denying it, but it's really not true for here.
I'm a huge Broly fan and I have not seen any Broly fans around here... people just say he is cool/ok or that he is dumb or annoying.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:16 am

I would have said Broly, but that's not true anymore. I think Vegeta has to be the one now. After the whole Resurrection F "kill steal" and getting constantly owned in Super, I feel like I've seen many more Vegeta fans complain than any other type of fan.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:20 am

Vegeta, and it's not close.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:59 am

Gohan is also up there, since the start of Super. It's a bit ridicules.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:It's a bit ridicules.
Yes, it certainly is...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:20 pm

I can't even be mad 'cuz that's pretty great.

Anyway, I guess I'd ask all the people that keep coming in to chime "defiantly Broli" (DON'T MAKE ME A MOVIE POSTER I KNOW WHAT I DID THERE), check out some of the counter-points we've listed over the course of several pages.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:23 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I can't even be mad 'cuz that's pretty great.
I have to admit, I was nervous when I saw you replied. I do apologize for the image reply though. :mrgreen:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:17 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
I have to admit, I was nervous when I saw you replied. I do apologize for the image reply though. :mrgreen:
Did you make that ? Cause if so, lol, good stuff.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:07 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
Haha, yeah, I made it on the spot after I saw your comment. I'm glad you're not upset at me poking fun at your typo. :thumbup: There are some issues (somehow GIMP cut out the edges of some of the text), but I had to rush it out in case you fixed your comment and ruined my joke. :lol:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:33 am

Metalwario64 wrote: Yes, it certainly is...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That is great!

I admit I haven't been around much at the start of Super, but I don't remember seeing that much fan rage regarding Gohan. I was far more likely to come across a joke directed at the character or a commentary about his fans.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:45 am

I know realized that riducules is indeed a word in Spanish...and THAT makes it even funnier.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:47 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote: I have to admit, I was nervous when I saw you replied. I do apologize for the image reply though. :mrgreen:
Haha, yeah, I made it on the spot after I saw your comment. I'm glad you're not upset at me poking fun at your typo. :thumbup: There are some issues (somehow GIMP cut out the edges of some of the text), but I had to rush it out in case you fixed your comment and ruined my joke. :lol:
Nah, I'm used to people pointing out my typos, lol.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:49 am

There are so many funny details

[spoiler]ESPECIALLY the Tori DVD[/spoiler]
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Goku hands down

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Broly, Vegeta, Gohan, Zamasu, Vegito

I can't stand fanboys of these characters.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta