The power of the Dragonballs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

The power of the Dragonballs

Post by Anonymous Friend » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:08 pm

It was explained that the Eternal Dragons could only grant wishes that were in the within the power of it's creator. Does that mean the the creators themselves could also perform these feats?

And as regards to the wishes for inmortality, with Garlic, Jr. being the only one to successfully wish for it, does this mean that if someone with more power than the dragonballs' creator could kill him?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Announcer » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:19 pm

Okay I guess the whole logic with the power of the creator vs. the power of the eternal dragon would have to be something along the lines of humans being able to create a CD player but not themselves being able to play CD's. At the same time the potential of these inventions depends upon what attributes the inventor thinks to include and in that way I guess the power of the dragon is limited by what Kami thought to give it the ability to do.

And for the second point, no, I think immortality is immortality. The dragon's power seems more limited in range than potency.
For fanart that lacks in variety [url]http://www.announcerguy.deviantart.com[/url]

クリリンのことか~!!!

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:37 pm

The origin of the Dragonballs and Shenron were so mixed up untill Toriyama came up with Namek. Toei even came up with these crazy theories in both Dragonball and the Garlic Jr arc.

Lets put it this way, if Kami could spit his conscious in to two completely seperate beings, he must be pretty powerful right?

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:34 am

Sun_Wukong wrote:The origin of the Dragonballs and Shenron were so mixed up untill Toriyama came up with Namek. Toei even came up with these crazy theories in both Dragonball and the Garlic Jr arc.

Lets put it this way, if Kami could spit his conscious in to two completely seperate beings, he must be pretty powerful right?
He's certainly more powerful than the rest of us. D:
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:07 am

Well think of it this way, if the dragon balls only were as powerful as it's creator, then wouldn't Kami have the power to regenerate life, become immortal etc? The two don't really tie in IMO.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!