Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
supersaiyandoctor
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 am

I have the Madman releases where they don't give you boxes, just the blu ray cases. I prefer the look of the U.S release with the boxes over the case. As for GT, they're just plastic boxes too.

I still have my booklets from the Orange bricks except for season nine. Is there anywhere I could find them? Can't see anyone selling the booklets on Ebay or anything.

User avatar
supersaiyandoctor
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:53 pm

No one able to answer me?

bigray
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:23 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by bigray » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:03 pm

hey,

thought id give you an answer.

for the orange brick booklet - they do pop up very rarely on ebay. thought you could find season 9 on dvd so cheap (about $10) that youd probably be better off buying that and using the booklet. you could resell the season without the booklet for cheap.


for the blu rays - logically speaking, the outer box only comes in the complete set of blu rays (season 1 -9). For someone to be selling their box, without the seasons, would mean that they would have had to damage their blu rays and happen to have the box still in tact and in good condition. i would not understand why else someone would sell a box with everything still in good condition.

edit: when you speak of the boxes, did you mean the cardboard slip cover or the boxset box that holds all the cases? the same would apply to both, but just want to be clear on what youre asking for.

also what country do you live in?

i can help more with this info

User avatar
supersaiyandoctor
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:13 am

bigray wrote:hey,

thought id give you an answer.

for the orange brick booklet - they do pop up very rarely on ebay. thought you could find season 9 on dvd so cheap (about $10) that youd probably be better off buying that and using the booklet. you could resell the season without the booklet for cheap.


for the blu rays - logically speaking, the outer box only comes in the complete set of blu rays (season 1 -9). For someone to be selling their box, without the seasons, would mean that they would have had to damage their blu rays and happen to have the box still in tact and in good condition. i would not understand why else someone would sell a box with everything still in good condition.

edit: when you speak of the boxes, did you mean the cardboard slip cover or the boxset box that holds all the cases? the same would apply to both, but just want to be clear on what youre asking for.

also what country do you live in?

i can help more with this info
Hey, thanks for your response. I'm in Australia. So Madman distribute all the media here and for some reason they never use slip covers, just the plastic case. I've seen the slip covers on Youtube reviews and just think they make it look nicer on the shelf.

bigray
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:23 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by bigray » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:54 am

supersaiyandoctor wrote: Hey, thanks for your response. I'm in Australia. So Madman distribute all the media here and for some reason they never use slip covers, just the plastic case. I've seen the slip covers on Youtube reviews and just think they make it look nicer on the shelf.
Ok well good news... The madman blu Rays cost more than the funimation... So there's a chance you can sell your blu Rays and buy the Funi ones without losing a lot of money. Buy this version that has the box set for the whole collection... https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B075KZB ... dition=new

For the orange brick booklet. Just keep an eye out on gumtree for someone selling it for $10 or so. Take the booklet out of it.

Edit: this guy is selling season 9 for $15. Might have to get it posted. I'm not sure what your funds are like but the cheapest you'll get is $10 and hopefully he's local so you save on postage. Personally I find paying the extra and getting it out of the way is worth it, or else you'll sit on sales pages looking for it for the next month lol - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bundoora ... ios_social


Edit 2: the cheapest madman blu Ray set I can find is $320 posted. You could try and put it up for $250 posted. You'll get about $210 after Ebay fees and postage costs. That's pretty close to the price for the other box set considering you'll be buying a brand new and sealed product.

If you have any trouble getting postage from the US then PM me and I can help you out

User avatar
supersaiyandoctor
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:35 am

Thanks heaps for looking into it for me. Yeah the Madman prices are quite expensive, just like their One Piece DVD's. I've managed to get the Blu Rays really cheap through trading in the orange bricks and old video games for store credit.

Funnily enough, I had already been in contact with that gumtree seller about that season 9 box. You're right, it's probably the cheapest/easiest way I'm going to acquire the booklet.

bigray
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:23 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by bigray » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:01 am

supersaiyandoctor wrote:Thanks heaps for looking into it for me. Yeah the Madman prices are quite expensive, just like their One Piece DVD's. I've managed to get the Blu Rays really cheap through trading in the orange bricks and old video games for store credit.

Funnily enough, I had already been in contact with that gumtree seller about that season 9 box. You're right, it's probably the cheapest/easiest way I'm going to acquire the booklet.
nice! well let me know how you go

User avatar
supersaiyandoctor
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:21 am

bigray wrote: nice! well let me know how you go
Thanks! I did just pick up the Blu Ray remastered movie box set that comes in a gorgeous looking slip cover. It has all the movies up till Wrath of the Dragon plus the two specials. Normally its 85 but they had a boxing day sale which brought it down to 67. For some weird reason, the DVD version costs 100 - 110 dollars in comparison.

Image

I'm gonna sell my DVD double features and remaining orange bricks on ebay or gumtree. They look like they can still fetch a decent price.

bigray
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:23 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by bigray » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:48 am

supersaiyandoctor wrote:
bigray wrote: nice! well let me know how you go
Thanks! I did just pick up the Blu Ray remastered movie box set that comes in a gorgeous looking slip cover. It has all the movies up till Wrath of the Dragon plus the two specials. Normally its 85 but they had a boxing day sale which brought it down to 67. For some weird reason, the DVD version costs 100 - 110 dollars in comparison.
sweet! I'm guessing that was from JB? they always have those 20% off sales.

User avatar
supersaiyandoctor
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:53 am

bigray wrote: sweet! I'm guessing that was from JB? they always have those 20% off sales.
Yeah, good old JB. They're the only ones that seem to sell it with this slip cover.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4268
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by KBABZ » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:53 am

Speaking of movies, is there any good place to get the Trunks/Bardock duo and the Extended Resurrection F on Region 2 Blu-Ray? (aka New Zealand) I can only find the DVD of the former and the Theatrical cut of the latter.

bigray
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:23 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by bigray » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:58 pm

KBABZ wrote:Speaking of movies, is there any good place to get the Trunks/Bardock duo and the Extended Resurrection F on Region 2 Blu-Ray? (aka New Zealand) I can only find the DVD of the former and the Theatrical cut of the latter.
hmm i cant seem to find them anywhere. not just the trunks/bardock but any of the movie duos in blu ray. id say they didnt release them and went straight to the complete movie packs. but I'm not 100% sure, i dont really follow or buy any of the remastered material.

we can double check with Lordcrumb to see if he knows.

User avatar
LordCrumb
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:33 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by LordCrumb » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:16 am

Yeah Bigray is correct, unfortunately the only way to get the Trunks and Bardock specials on Blu-Ray (NZ region B) is in the multipack (Collection 1).

The UK have started getting the films on Blu-Ray, and we share their region coding so you could wait for their indivual release?

I don't think the extended version of Resurrection F has come out in any country on Blu?

HakkaiBills93
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 am

No only france want to release thé extended édition that s why thé goldenbook isn t release yet cause of négociation fail with toei

User avatar
supersaiyandoctor
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: Is it possible to get the box covers for Z Blu Ray and GT DVD's?

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:10 pm

LordCrumb wrote:Yeah Bigray is correct, unfortunately the only way to get the Trunks and Bardock specials on Blu-Ray (NZ region B) is in the multipack (Collection 1).

The UK have started getting the films on Blu-Ray, and we share their region coding so you could wait for their indivual release?

I don't think the extended version of Resurrection F has come out in any country on Blu?
I find it strange that in the re-released version of History of Trunks (U.S Soundtrack), that the final song 'Through Her Eyes' by Dream Theater was replaced with that generic song they slapped onto the season sets end credits. Anyone know why they did that? Rights issue?

It's the main reason I bought a copy of the original early 2000's single DVD release as well.

Post Reply