Masako Nozawa pitched down

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Masako Nozawa pitched down

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:15 pm

dragondyle wrote:Why can't a man have a voice that sounds like Nozawa?
An estrogen male, perhaps.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:19 pm

dragondyle wrote: Why can't a man have a voice that sounds like Nozawa?
It's not just a man, it's a ripped, alpha male warrior. You're not gonna hear a higher pitched, scratchy voice coming out of that.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:53 pm

I heard that Bardock clip a long time ago and I really like it. I like the original sound too, so I can't really say which I'd prefer. That said, I think the altered version of Goku's voice sounds TERRIBLE. There's no one I could deal with that. The voice itself isn't really the problem, but I couldn't stand hear that come from Goku's mouth.

I want to ask a question for pretty much anyone that can answer it: Did they have the technology almost 30 years ago to make a pitched down voice sound natural like in the Bardock clip? It seems to me that it would sound awful if they tried that back then (which is what I would tell everyone saying they should have done this from the start if I had the answer). Pretty much any altered voice I can think of from that time sounds very alien.
Logania wrote:
dragondyle wrote: Why can't a man have a voice that sounds like Nozawa?
It's not just a man, it's a ripped, alpha male warrior. You're not gonna hear a higher pitched, scratchy voice coming out of that.
I'm curious what you're take on Jonathan Joestar's voice is/would be :lol: (granted he has a male voice)

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:14 pm

One_Instance wrote: I'm curious what you're take on Jonathan Joestar's voice is/would be :lol: (granted he has a male voice)
He sounds okay for the most part. At times he can be a bit nasally with his battle cries and stuff but he usually sounds like a grown man when just speaking.

He ain't no Joseph or Jotaro but no one is lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Ryuji-Otogi
Banned

Post by Ryuji-Otogi » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:18 pm

I think it sounds pretty cool. I bet it sounds unnatural to a native Japanese speaker, though.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:27 pm

I think it speaks to her talent, that the only thing holding her back from sounding 100% male is pitch. I'm used to it enough to where in his natural voice I don't hear a woman at all, but there really isn't any clues I can hear that it's a woman lowered in pitch. And to be fair, plenty of males have unusually high voices--that's kind of always been my "head canon" with it. Goku's family line, aside from Raditz I guess, tends to have higher pitched voices. I've known families in real life like that. And considering they're aliens, to me it's 100% a non-issue.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:35 pm

DHM211 wrote:
Bruma rabu wrote:Wow that sounds pretty good. I think it fits pretty well, I wonder what it might sound like if they did that for goku.
Someone did actually.
Edit: better quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZq46qY ... e=youtu.be
Had this been Goku's Japanese Adult voice, I would have had no problem with it. I actually like it!

It may not sound unique, but I bet it wouldn't be made fun of by Western audiences.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:32 am

One_Instance wrote:I heard that Bardock clip a long time ago and I really like it. I like the original sound too, so I can't really say which I'd prefer. That said, I think the altered version of Goku's voice sounds TERRIBLE. There's no one I could deal with that. The voice itself isn't really the problem, but I couldn't stand hear that come from Goku's mouth.

I want to ask a question for pretty much anyone that can answer it: Did they have the technology almost 30 years ago to make a pitched down voice sound natural like in the Bardock clip? It seems to me that it would sound awful if they tried that back then (which is what I would tell everyone saying they should have done this from the start if I had the answer). Pretty much any altered voice I can think of from that time sounds very alien.
Id be surprised if they didn't. It could potentially sound even better because they would of been working with the source and not some compressed audio.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:46 am

Bruma rabu wrote:
One_Instance wrote:I heard that Bardock clip a long time ago and I really like it. I like the original sound too, so I can't really say which I'd prefer. That said, I think the altered version of Goku's voice sounds TERRIBLE. There's no one I could deal with that. The voice itself isn't really the problem, but I couldn't stand hear that come from Goku's mouth.

Id be surprised if they didn't. It could potentially sound even better because they would of been working with the source and not some compressed audio.
They had the capabilities to do this since the beginning of talkies in the late 1920s if not earlier. The 1980s and 1990s is already in the tech age, even though for many it feels like a bygone time, these things were possible then.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada