5 Supreme Kais?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

5 Supreme Kais?

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:39 am

Sorry is this was posted before, but after Zamas being a north Kai being replaced Gowasu, it got me thinking. Originally we thought their were 5 Supreme Kais, Shin says he was from the east. Now was he originally just a King Kai of the east and he was just in the running to replace the head of the supreme kais? Or do you think Beerus appointed 5 supreme kais as life insurance?
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: 5 Supreme Kais?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 am

If i recall correctly, Shin and his friends were 5 different Supreme Kais (prior to the onslaught of Buu). They shared control over the various regions of the 7th Universe and were overseen by the Grand Supreme Kai, who was the highest of all Supreme Kais and ruled over the entirety of Universe 7. As Shin was the only survivor out of the 5, he automatically became the Grand Supreme Kai.
Now was he originally just a King Kai of the east and he was just in the running to replace the head of the supreme kais?
Shin was an actual fully-fledged Supreme Kai who ruled over part of Universe 7, but was ultimately commanded by the Grand Supreme Kai (the fat Shinjin that Buu absorbed). Zamasu, on the other hand, was not a Supreme Kai prior to studying under Gowasu, he was just a North Kaio, so he didn't rule over a large part of the 10th Universe.
Or do you think Beerus appointed 5 supreme kais as life insurance?
According to the Dragon Ball Wiki:

'Prior to becoming a Supreme Kai, Shin had been an apprentice to the old Supreme Kai, he eventually become a full-fledged Supreme Kai.[3]

Enjoying a peaceful life on the Sacred World of the Kais with his fellow Supreme Kais, Shin was unaware until too late that he and the other Supreme Kais had been targeted and marked for death by the ruthless wizard Bibidi, who was determined to wipe them out by unleashing his fearsome monster, Majin Buu, on all of them.'

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Shin

So Beerus didn't appoint 5 different Supreme Kais (i imagine he has a life link only with the Grand Supreme Kai), Shin became a Supreme Kai of the East through normal means by succeeding the previous Supreme Kai of the East.

So it's fascinating. Maybe all the Supreme Kais that appear in the Tournament of Power are actually Grand Supreme Kais who lord over minor Supreme Kais.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:22 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:As Shin was the only survivor out of the 5, he automatically became the Grand Supreme Kai.
He did not. He is just a Supreme Kai/Kaioshin.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:23 am

dbgtFO wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:As Shin was the only survivor out of the 5, he automatically became the Grand Supreme Kai.
He did not. He is just a Supreme Kai/Kaioshin.
There are no other Supreme Kais left who could question his claim. He is, if not de-jure, de-facto Grand Supreme Kai of Universe 7. There's a reason why people call him only Supreme Kai, and not Supreme Kai of the East.