Best and Worst outfits of the characters

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Best and Worst outfits of the characters

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:54 am

We once I think had a best hairstyle of the characters, and I thought why not one for the clothing apparel. What is the best, and the worst outfit of each character. Worst doesn't have to mean bad, it can be just the least interesting. Spoiler tag for images of course. I'll post mine soon and thoughts when NOT playing the FighterZ beta XP.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

GamerSkull
Regular

Re: Best and Worst outfits of the characters

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:54 am

Son Goku - I actually really like the design of the outfit Goku wore during the Revival of Freeza stuff... so that's my favorite. My least favorite is probably the one he wore when he returned from Namek. It just didn't seem to fit him and I'm glad he didn't wear it for any extended period of time.

Vegeta - I like his outfit from his initial appearance... the armor with all the pieces. I thought it was a visual downgrade when he changed them out in the Freeza arc.
I also do not like his outfit during the Buu arc... it just looks really weird to me.

Son Gohan - I like the blue gi and red belt he wore when teaching Videl how to fly best. I like most of his outfits though and don't really have a worse one.

Yamcha - I miss his desert bandit attire. Looked really cool.
Krillin - Looks best in his gi.

Tenshinhan - I really dig his current DBS outfit.

Bulma - The bunny outfit in the first arc. :lol:
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:47 am

Goku - The less clothes, the better.

Vegeta - Mustache.

Boo - The 'sexy' face he morphed into when he tried to seduce a girl in a city he was destroying.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:54 am

Goku
Best: his classic orange dougi
Worst: the Yardratian outfit

Gohan
Best: his Great Saiyaman costume
Worst: the green track suit

Vegeta
Best: the battle armor he uses in the Cell arc and currently in Super
Worst: his clothes froms GT

Trunks
Best: future Trunks oufit in Z
Worst: his GT oufut

Kuririn
Best: his orange dougi without the blue undershirt
Worts: his oufit from the Boo arc

Yamcha
Best: the outfit he wears when he is introduced
Worst: his yellow suit

Tenshinhan
Best: his blue outfit from the Boo arc
Worst: his green oufit from the Saiyan arc

Piccolo
Best: his postboy shirt and jeans

Chi-Chi
Best: her outfit from the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai
Worst: her oufit from the Boo arc

Bulma
Best: her outfit from the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai
Worst: the clothes she uses in the beginning of the Android arc

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 am

Let's see:

Goku
Best: trademark orange gi looks good on him. I've also seen a sketch drawn by Toriyama with Goku wearing a slightly different looking gi for the 23rd TB. It had a lot more black and it looked cool. Made me wish he had kept that version.
Worst - I guess what he wore in driving episode.

Gohan:
Best : His dark gi at the beginning of the Buu Saga. Also the complete Piccolo set during the Cell games. Also, I really liked the green tracksuit :?
Worst: Saiyaman outfit with sunglasses.

Bulma
Best: so many to chose from but I've always like how she looked in that pink sweater in the Cell arc. Her very first out was really cute too.
Worst: Her Buu saga outfit. Bog era outfit too. I think it's also her worst haircut.

Tien:
Best: the one he is currently wearing in Super. I actually like it a lot.
Worst: the one that looks like Chiaotzu's.

Vegeta
Best: Cell arc saiyan outfit
Worst: GT everything

Trunks
Best: jacket outfit with sword
Worst : jacket outfit in GT

Chichi
Best: 23rd TB by far Possibly one of my favorite character designs in the series
Worst: was gonna say her Buu saga get-up because I miss her bangs, but then I remembered the steel bikini. Love the head gear and the cape, but the rest had no business being on a twelve year old.

Videl:
Best: White shirt, black shorts, fingerless gloves and boots. Pigtails and short hair both looked good on her.
Worst: not really a fan of what she is wearing now in Super, and neither does that haircut do her any favors.

Yamcha
Best: orange gi with the 23rd TB haircut
Worst: 21 TB get-up

Piccolo doesn't have a bad outfit so he doesn't make this list.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 am

Goku's best outfit is the Yardratian costume and I will fight anyone on this.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Goku
Best: Tbh he looks good in pretty much anything he's wearing.
Worst: Idk.

Vegeta
Best: Pink Shirt and Yellow pants
Worst: Idk, probably his GT clothes

Gohan
Best: School uniforn
Worst: Orange gi.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Goku-Best: His EOZ blue gi so I hope we see it in Super. Worst: anytime he has to wear a suit.

Vegeta- Best: Saiyan arc full armor and scouter. Worst: Toei filler color Saiyan armor

Gohan- Best: High school outfit. Worst: The orange kame gi because enough people have worn it already

Goten: Best: super outfit Worst: Don't know

Trunks: Best: Bojack movie outfit Worst: Gt outfit

Piccolo: Best: His first appearance with turban Worst: Driving outfit

Krillin: Best: kame gi without undershirt Worst: Super cop outfit

Yamcha: Best: Baseball uniform Super or Z Worst: The short shorts from the Piccolo Daimao arc

Tenshinhan Best: BOG outfit Worst: First outfit

Bulma: Best: Buu arc red dress Worst: First outfit in Z

Chi Chi: Best: First outfit(no pedo) Worst: don't know
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Goku: I really like him in the casual clothes before the Cell Games. While I like the orange gi, he wears it so much that I like seeing him in other outfits. Anytime you get him in just a simple undershirt and slacks, I’m also very happy. I actually really like the simple slacks and black undershirt from “Goku and Friends Return” during the dinner scene with his family simply because it’s so casual.

Worst outfit? Eh, Hard one as I can’t really think of one I dislike too badly. Maybe in a suit because he always looks so uncomfortable?

ChiChi: I’ve always liked her 23rd Tournament look But I have to say I love her look from Gohan’s dream filler in right before Freeza returns—hair down, pink/purple color scheme. She really looks good with her hair loose.

Worst outfit? Eh, I’m not fond of her clothes at the beginning of Z. Not really sure why though. I actually think the Buu arc outfit has a better color scheme

Gohan: Much as I see the orange gi all over the place, I have always had a soft spot for seeing Gohan in his father’s colors especially near the Cell Gane age so Gohan from Movie 9 is probably my favorite.I also love the casual outfits he wears in the beginning of the Garlic Junior Saga.

Worst? Eh, I’m not a fan of him in a suit, it just looks odd. Also was never a Saiyaman fan but I have to admit with the bandanna, it’s not as bad. That helmet has got to go though...

Goten: I like the clothes he was wearing when he was introduced and I also like his outfit from “Son Goku and friends return!” The gi always looks good on him as well but I do like they originally gave his long sleeves

Worst? Hate the GT outfit with a passion. I’m not a fan of anyone’s design in that series to be frank.

Vegeta: I like how he’s been portrayed in Super and kind of like Goku, it’s pretty fun to see them in casual clothes. So anything Vegeta is out of that training uniform is a plus for me. Bad Man shirt is still a classic.

Worst? Not too fond of the uniform when he’s first introduced. I wasn’t real fond of the huge shoulder armor but I didn’t hate it.

Bulma: I always liked her look in the beginning of Dragonball with the braid and pink dress (or yellow one as in the movie). I also don’t mind her Buu saga look though not as much as the younger version

Worst would probably be Super. Not really sure why but just the way she’s been designed in Super just doesn’t do s whole lot for me. It’s not bad but not my favorite

Trunks: Future Trunks with the sword is a classic and I still love it but I have to admit that I don’t mind him in that training armor either...though I may be partial to the long hair. Little Trunks I like in that green gi

Worst is definitely GT, as I just can’t get behind that outfit combo

Krillin: I love the orange gi and I don’t mind his Buu saga casual clothes either. Garlic Junior saga where he ends up fighting in that white suit isn’t too bad either

Worst? GT again, I just can’t get behind either his redesign or the outfit itself.

Tien: I oddly enough really like the outfit he wears in the Buu Saga for the short time that we see him. I like his usual fare as well

Worst? I really don’t think Tien has a worst.

Yamcha: The desert bandit look really suits him and I do miss it. That’s probably my favorite look for him though the Kame gi suits him too

Worst? I have to agree and say the yellow suit does not flatter him
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Goku's best is the Orange Gi with no undershirt. The no shoes is kind of a turn off, but the rest of it is great. Worst is Yardrat easily.

Gohan's best is the Great Saiyaman jump suit. Boring, but it looks nice. Worst is Saiyan armor I guess.

Vegeta's best is his GT outfit post mustache. Looks great, doesn't get enough love. Worst is Freeza fight one. Just looks awkward

Piccolo's best is, uh, aren't they all the same, lol.

Kirllin's best is, orange Gi, worst being his red shirt in Boo.

Yamcha's best is his outfit during Red Ribbon/21st tournament. Great color scheme, and nice hair cut. Worst is his orange Gi. It looks dumb

Tenshinhan's best is Purple pants in the 22nd tournament, and his worst is in the Boo saga.

Chi-Chi's best is her outfit in 23rd tournament. Worst is, I don't really know.

Bulma's got to many outfits, can't rank them
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 am

Goku: 23rd Budokai/Raditz fight (his classic one without undershirt and boots)
Vegeta: Saiyan arc full armor without the scouter
Gohan: Orange sash dark blue gi from the training with Goten
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:34 am

Goku
Best: GT outfit
Worst: RoF / EoZ outfit (it's just GT outfit with ugly colors)
Vegeta
Best: GT outfit
Worst: RoF / Cell saga
Gohan
Best: High School / Saiyaman
Worst: RoF
Android 18
Best: Cell saga (2nd outfit) / Super 17 saga / RoF
Worst: Buu saga / DBS Tournament outfit
Krillin
Best: Buu saga
Worst: DBS green and cop outfits
Videl
Best: Buu saga (FIGHT outfit after tournament) / GT / EoZ
Worst: BoG / RoF
Bulma
Best: Buu saga / early DB
Worst: DBS / Frieza saga / Early GT
Chi-Chi
Best: Adult DB / Saiyan saga/ End of Buu saga party <3
Worst: Cell saga
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Goku, best and worst: Classic turtle gi and Hawaiian shirt oufit in filler.
Vegeta, best and worst: Saiyan saga outfit and anything Bulma makes him wear
Gohan, best and worst: High school clothes and tracksuit. Fuck the latter.
Piccolo, best and worst: Classic clothes. No bad outfits on this lad.
Kuririn: He mostly has decent clothes though the stuff he wears in the Boo arc is kind of dated.
Android 18: Everything was good except for GT. GT was a kick in the nards for anyone who cares what the characters are wearing.
Bulma: First outfit in DB was the bomb. Most of the other stuff has sucked, especially the goddamn bowl cuts that belong on a 5 year old rather than a grown woman.
Chi-Chi: Best was her outfit in Piccolo Jr, worst was that thing she wore as a kid. Fucking terrifying and just weird.
Tenshinhan: I liked his first appearance quite a lot. He hasn't had any outfits I disapprove of.
Yamcha: He looks the best with the long hair and any outfit. Everything else is fine as long as he doesn't have a bowl cut.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 am

I actually didn't dislike any of the GT clothes. I only had a problem with Vegeta's clothes and Bra's. Vegeta looked like a biker gang leader in those clothes and Bra looked like a hooker. Everyone else looked fine to me.
Last edited by TheDipDap1234 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:08 am

Goku best outfit is the orange gi with the blue undershirt and the worse is none actually.
    Vegeta best outfit is the grey bodysuit with the saiyans armor and the worst is the GT one.
      Gohan best outfit is the purple gi and the worst is the orange gi.

PacificOceanDub
      Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Goku best: I’ve always loved the end of Dragon Ball/Dead Zone outfit that consisted of the reddish gi, Black undershirt and of course the power pole.

Goku worst: Yardrat clothing, or the street clothes he wears when he goes to driving school :D

Piccolo best: Love it when he’s in full dress, including the cape and turban.

Piccolo worst: He looks really weird in the rare instances where he doesn’t have a turban on, but still has his cape on.

Vegeta best: Hmm, probably Androids/Cell arc armor, the one Bulma makes.

Vegeta worst: Does Baby Vegeta Count here? If not, then i’ll go with his douchey armor with cape that he wears as a child.

Ginyu best: the hypotetical scenario where Ginyu’s body is wearing Goku’s gi, and riding the Nimbus.
      You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

Son Perfect

Post by Son Perfect » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Goku
      Best - Classic Turtle Gi (Dragon Ball)
      Worst - 10th Anniversary Movie "GT" Gi

Vegeta
      Best - GT casual clothes
      Worst - Vs. Freeza Battle Armor

Gohan
      Best - Demon Clothes (Artificial Humans Arc)
      Worst - Saiyaman (W/Helmet)

Kuririn
      Best - Classic Turtle Gi (Dragon Ball + Saiya-Freeza Arc)
      Worst - Weighted Turtle Gi (Artifical Humans Arc - Cell Arc)

Bulma
      Best - Red Ribbon Army Clothes
      Worst - Dragon Ball Super Outfit
      I love Gohan a bit too much...

Scott
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Let's get worst out of the way first

Goku's and Vegeta's clothes in Super. Vegeta's colours look ugly, and that bit around his waist look's awful, i'm not even sure what it's supposed to be. Goku's shirt being kept together by his belt look's horrible too. I also hate the symbol. It's the most unimaginative symbol i have ever seen.

Gohan's green tracksuit.......just awful.

Trunks outfit in GT. Again, it's ugly.

Favourites

Tien's clothes from Android saga to now. My favourite is the one he wears in the Buu saga though. Super runs it very close though.

Surpreme Kai's outfit, love it, everything blends together nicely.

Gohan's Saiyaman costume, without the cape and helmet. When he went Super Saiyan in it, it looked even better.

DragonBallFoodie
      Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:01 am

Android 18

Best outfits

(I wish she'd kept the vest)

Worst outfits
      (very unflattering IMO)

(NO ONE IN DB SHOULD WEAR TRACKSUITS FOR FIGHTING)
      "Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
      A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Ice85

Post by Ice85 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Goku : Best- Classic Orange gi with the blue undershirt. Never gets old.
      Worst- I don't think any of Goku's outfits are bad, though the EOZ/GT outfit is my least favourite.

Vegeta : Best- his outfit when he fought Frieza on Namek
      Worst- GT outfit, looks so plain and boring

Gohan : Best- Piccolo's Gi with the blue belt, looks so
      cool.
      Worst- Tracksuit, it's as if Toriyama deliberately designed this outfit to piss the fans off.

Future Trunks : Best- His outfit in Bojack Unbound, he looks badass with longer hair and no sleeves.
      Worst- Time patroller outfit, looks more like a James Bond character than a fighter.