My Kid Goku Figuarts Came Today!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RisanF
Not-So-Newbie

My Kid Goku Figuarts Came Today!

Post by RisanF » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Finally, after about a week, I got my hands on the S. H. Figuarts version of Kid Goku! The craftsmanship seems to be a bit tighter than Figuarts Trunks, though I haven't tested out whether or not he holds the Power Pole in a good grip yet. I'm pleased to note that they kept the yellowish tinge in the circles surrounding the "kame" symbols like in the original Dragon Ball series; in the pictures, it looked white, which is a DBZ thing. Also like all the accessories, like the Nimbus Cloud.

Overall, very pleased with this figure. Since Kid Goku (Dragon Ball version) is my favorite version of Goku, I've been waiting for someone to make a good figure of him ever since the Super Battle Collection days, so this was something I had to have.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: My Kid Goku Figuarts Came Today!

Post by KBABZ » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Nice! Personally I'm not into action figures, since the joints are always quite distracting, but Kid Goku has a lot of personality there.

Aside from the Pop Vinyl, I have the Dimension of Dragon Ball figure where he's wearing actual cloth clothes, and a raffle figure my girlfriend got me. It's interesting having the two next to each other; the DoD figure has the more GT-styled hair while the raffle figure has the vaguer Pilaf/Tournament-styled hair.

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 pm

I Love the figuarts! I’ve got Super Saiyan Goku and Piccolo right now, and I have my eye on Trunks next! Did you order yours online? I constantly see them at Barnes and Noble but i’ve Never seen a Kid Goku one
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

RisanF
Not-So-Newbie

Post by RisanF » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:00 pm

PacificOceanDub wrote:I Love the figuarts! I’ve got Super Saiyan Goku and Piccolo right now, and I have my eye on Trunks next! Did you order yours online? I constantly see them at Barnes and Noble but i’ve Never seen a Kid Goku one
I actually didn't know Barnes and Noble sold figures. I got mine online at "BIg Bad Toy Store." On their homepage, they show previews of upcoming figures you can pre-order. Coming up in July, they have a version of Adult Goku with his Saiyan/Namek saga gi on, which I like better than his Cell/Buu/Super gi.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:00 am

I got mine last month and still loving it. One little nitpick I have with it is the tail seems to fall off so easily.
The world is your's.

RisanF
Not-So-Newbie

Post by RisanF » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:42 pm

tinlunlau wrote:I got mine last month and still loving it. One little nitpick I have with it is the tail seems to fall off so easily.
Yeah, I think in general it's hard to incorporate the tail for figures because it makes it harder to hold. Everything else seems soild though. Also, I like how easy it is to put the sheathed Power Pole on his back. With the S. H. Figuarts Trunks, you have to fuss around with the strap, but with Goku, all you have to do is take off Goku's head, sling the Power Pole over his shoulder, and put the head back on.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:49 pm

tinlunlau wrote:One little nitpick I have with it is the tail seems to fall off so easily.
Well I suppose that makes it easier to switch to Training-era Goku!

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:49 pm

RisanF wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:I got mine last month and still loving it. One little nitpick I have with it is the tail seems to fall off so easily.
Yeah, I think in general it's hard to incorporate the tail for figures because it makes it harder to hold. Everything else seems soild though. Also, I like how easy it is to put the sheathed Power Pole on his back. With the S. H. Figuarts Trunks, you have to fuss around with the strap, but with Goku, all you have to do is take off Goku's head, sling the Power Pole over his shoulder, and put the head back on.

The tail worked well for Vegeta and Nappa though
The world is your's.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:48 am

tinlunlau wrote:The tail worked well for Vegeta and Nappa though
They didn't have pants.

Jokes aside, while the tail on the D.O.D. figure stays on well enough, putting it back on is a pain in the backside because you also have to slot it through the hole in Goku's pants fabric.