Even in on his freaking BIRTHDAY!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Even in on his freaking BIRTHDAY!

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:26 am

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/9 ... 3944710145

Stay classy Funimation. Stay. Classy.

LOL.

Being Yamcha is nothing but misery,
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Re: Even in on his freaking BIRTHDAY!

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:37 am

That's great. :clap:

It's hard to believe that Yamcha was actually treated seriously in the original manga when you look at things like this, Super and some merchandise.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:38 pm

I'm just glad they threw in an OG Dragon Ball reference.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Yamcha will always be this big meme... just gotta accept that. :(
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:33 pm

Today was his birthday? Is that why today was so horrible and unlucky for me? I didn't know that it was possible for a fictional character's bad luck to rub off on me during their birthday.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Sadly, the meme, as much as I despise it, has become mainstream. :(

At least Toei used an OG DB Movie image instead of that meme like FUNimation and Shonen Jump did.
Twitter had a lot of nice fanart drawn for Yamcha on his birthday in the ヤムチャ生誕祭 tag. :D

Even Toru Furuya wishes him a happy birthday ever year.
So at least there is that. :)
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Even though the meme of Yamcha's mere existence being pathetic is sometimes unneeded, I can't deny that the cake is pretty awesome lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:30 pm

AnzuMazaki wrote:Sadly, the meme, as much as I despise it, has become mainstream. :(

At least Toei used an OG DB Movie image instead of that meme like FUNimation and Shonen Jump did.
Twitter had a lot of nice fanart drawn for Yamcha on his birthday in the ヤムチャ生誕祭 tag. :D

Even Toru Furuya wishes him a happy birthday ever year.
So at least there is that. :)
It's good to know that there are some fans that appreciate Yamcha... and I'm glad his japanese voice actor seems to like him well enough. God knows Sabat doesn't.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:57 pm

Expecting class from Funimation is the same as expecting the character being threated with a modicum of care with the current creatives, a worthless endeavour.

Popular creations will always outlast the creators but for now, bury the character and move on. No point in being mocked on perpetually. I can take some interest in a few products but until the franchise inevitably changes they aren`t getting any more money from me after his manga.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:10 am

Olympian wrote:Expecting class from Funimation is the same as expecting the character being threated with a modicum of care with the current creatives, a worthless endeavour.

Popular creations will always outlast the creators but for now, bury the character and move on. No point in being mocked on perpetually. I can take some interest in a few products but until the franchise inevitably changes they aren`t getting any more money from me after his manga.
Do you mean the Yamcha spin-off they made?

By the way, I hope Viz doesn't pull any "artistic liberties" with that when it comes out to pander to the meme like Sabat has ad libbed a couple of times.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:57 am

Yup, the spin-off. Best fresh material of the classic world building. Now, don`t get me wrong I don`t hate the new toys. I love Hit and Beerus. I like the Gods of Destruction. I enjoy Freeza being the recurring villain because he`s by far the most iconic of them all and I don`t mind Vegeta being the rival. He`s gotta do something, right? He`s tremendous popular.

I just don`t care for the current direction or attention regarding some characters that happen to be my favorites and certainly never under this mocking Sub squad.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:09 am

Logania wrote:Even though the meme of Yamcha's mere existence being pathetic is sometimes unneeded, I can't deny that the cake is pretty awesome lol
I agree.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.