Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball Crossovers

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball Crossovers

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Dragon Ball
• Movie 3
• Episodes 55-57

Dragon Ball Super
• Episode 069

New Dr. Slump
• Episodes 56-59

Am I missing any? I love watching these crossovers with Dr. Slump since they're so fun to watch and comedic. :)
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball Crossovers

Post by Jord » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:38 am

Not exactly a crossover but Gohan has a Dr Slump poster hanigng on his wall in one the movies.
Penguin Village/Arale have appeared in numerous Dragon Ball video games.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:27 am

Jord wrote:Not exactly a crossover but Gohan has a Dr Slump poster hanigng on his wall in one the movies.
Penguin Village/Arale have appeared in numerous Dragon Ball video games.
Yes, and there have been other references to Dr. Slump in Dragon Ball. Such is in Movie 13 where Trunks Jr. has toys from the Dr. Slump series and on episode 100ish Bulma or someone has a ringtone of Dr. Slump.

This was clearly Toriyama's way of giving Dr. Slump more exposure because it sadly flopped in becoming the success that it should have been.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:09 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:This was clearly Toriyama's way of giving Dr. Slump more exposure because it sadly flopped in becoming the success that it should have been.
This isn't true at all. Dr. Slump made Toriyama one of the richest people in Japan. He was already a household name before Dragon Ball ever existed.

People in the west not knowing it is not the same as "it was a flop" and it's 100% incorrect/disingenuous to frame it that way.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:This isn't true at all. Dr. Slump made Toriyama one of the richest people in Japan. He was already a household name before Dragon Ball ever existed.

People in the west not knowing it is not the same as "it was a flop" and it's 100% incorrect/disingenuous to frame it that way.
I apologize for that, then. Still, TOEI never released a 'Dr. Slump & Arale-chan - BGM Collection' CD like they did for Dragon Ball which is pretty disappointing.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:58 pm

I wish Dr Slump had a chance to go international. It may be too late now.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:59 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:I wish Dr Slump had a chance to go international. It may be too late now.
it's the case, Dr slump export on few countries like if i am not wrong italia, it was partially dub in france , so it was less exposed to international than Dragon Ball but it was done, france will release the whole series sub and all remaining episodes undub will be dubbed too so it goes international

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:11 am

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:27 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:I wish Dr Slump had a chance to go international. It may be too late now.
It got a look in French and Spanish-speaking countries and possibly some Asian countries but never cracked the English market. It's almost certainly too late now, as it's too old-looking to realistically air on modern kids' TV and would have much more for the Western censors to go after than DB ever did. The only chance we could possibly have of an English dub is if a bunch of us started a Patreon for dubbing and audio engineering and got the license.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu