Toei Establishes Department Focused on Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spider-Man
Regular

Re: Toei Establishes Department Focused on Dragon Ball

Post by Spider-Man » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:06 pm

I'm so happy that they went to this routine we could have spin off about Universe 6, Pride Trooper, Time Patrol Trunks and The Kamikaze Fireball. This is good news.
Last edited by Spider-Man on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Trunks time patrol spinoff might actually work

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Agreed. All these blanket "WELL ACTUALLY ALL OF THE FANS ___________" statements are baseless and have no place in a conversation here. There is no hivemind. There is no consensus. Plenty of different fans like different things, as you all are seeing play out literally in this very thread.

Comments like those that have no basis in reality are not welcome and may be removed.
Oh sorry, I didn't know this was a Communist Dragon Ball Community.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:Oh sorry, I didn't know this was a Communist Dragon Ball Community.
You agreed to a certain set of rules (twice) before joining.

Spouting baseless, antagonistic nonsense does not live up to these guidelines. If you do not agree with this, you do not have to post here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:57 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
SuperCyan2 wrote:Oh sorry, I didn't know this was a Communist Dragon Ball Community.
You agreed to a certain set of rules (twice) before joining.

Spouting baseless, antagonistic nonsense does not live up to these guidelines. If you do not agree with this, you do not have to post here.
It's not baseless as some fans obviously agree with that mindset, Karl Marx of Dragon Ball. So, you should stop trying to deny because that is evidently a thing.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm

I'm just gonna try to redirect and refocus things before we get out of hand.

I'm liking this news. More organized planning efforts are always good to see for a series like DB.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:25 am

Dragon Ball's not dormant. We're still getting games announced on a regular basis and DB Heroes is still big in Japan, as far as I'm aware. There's almost certainly potential for another series (and I'm honestly surprised Super isn't continuing considering how obsessed everyone is with it), plus the series stood alone fine in the period without new media introduced regularly.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Thanos wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:This is their Star Wars. Chances they start popping out spinoffs is high
Dragon Ball has been becoming increasingly comparable to Star Wars. Despite the franchises’ dormancy, it retained its popularity, and its global stature is just now becoming obvious.

I just hope this means they don’t overly milk it on the animation side of things. I want more Dragon Ball indefinitely, but there is that risk if they get too ambitious.
I think with the right planning and people in charge, it can work. I love Dragon Ball and want nothing but the best for it. I just hope it will lead to great stories being told in the future.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.