GeGeGe no Kitaro and Masako Nozawa

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: GeGeGe no Kitaro and Masako Nozawa

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:32 pm

Maybe they just tried different voices for Kitaro.

In any case, she's become way more iconic as Goku and his sons/dad.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:25 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Masako Nozawa was the original voice of Kitaro, then she got replaced and now she is back but she does another character?!

Why?
I guess because DBS isn't over they want to protect Nozawa and have her voice a minor character instead.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:01 am

TheRed259 wrote:Masako Nozawa was the original voice of Kitaro, then she got replaced and now she is back but she does another character?!

Why?
Well, besides being in her 80's she's probably already got too much on her plate so in the event something tragic happens, Kitarou won't have a VA replacement as the series is airing so it makes sense that Masako isn't voicing him. I hope she'll be around for another 20 years or more (humans normally don't live longer than 90~100 years though).

I wish I'd someday take a photo with Masako because it's something I too wanted to have done with Johnny Cash and never did (he perished when I was a teen and only became a fan later on), as to the likely chance of that happening.. No clue but I do intend on going on vacay to Japan this year.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 am

There've been multiple iterations of Kitaro where Nozawa didn't voice him, so it's not without precedent.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Chuquita wrote:There've been multiple iterations of Kitaro where Nozawa didn't voice him, so it's not without precedent.
Precisely so. Kitarou 2007 was voiced by Takayama.

I'm a bit surprised folks in the West don't really seem to know too much about Kitarou and were pissed Kitarou is replacing Dragon Ball Super. I personally don't know much about it either but I do love the opening of Kitarou 2007 and its soundtrack overall.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:20 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:There've been multiple iterations of Kitaro where Nozawa didn't voice him, so it's not without precedent.
Precisely so. Kitarou 2007 was voiced by Takayama.

I'm a bit surprised folks in the West don't really seem to know too much about Kitarou and were pissed Kitarou is replacing Dragon Ball Super. I personally don't know much about it either but I do love the opening of Kitarou 2007 and its soundtrack overall.
I haven't watched much of Kitaro, but I did look stuff up when I found out it was replacing dbs. It does look like the grandfather of a lot of supernatural type anime series.

The ToP tired me out a bit so I wasn't as sad to see Super go, but I do miss it. I don't blame Kitaro and I think Super needed the hiatus anyway. I hope when they return it goes back to seasonal arcs. A year long arc was too long on one story for me.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!