Boobs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Boobs

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:58 am

Toriyama has never been the guy to draw humongous boobs, in fact the boobs of the DB ladies as drawn by Toriyama are on the moderate side. Only fat girls get big boobs, when drawn by him.
In the anime, since it's not drawn by Toriyama, but other artists with their own style, it's not that surprising to see some of them enlarge their boobs a little bit. I even recall that one episode of Super, where Bulma was summoning Shenlong just prior to the Twinuniverse Tournament, her boobs looked the biggest they have ever been in an anime episode.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:40 pm

I think the time period DB ran during also helps out as it was before the age of teen anime girls being E cup or bigger. Bulma being 34-C is more realistic sort ofcompared to lots of anime heroines these days who are a lot bigger.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 pm

I think we need some more visual evidence.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Indeed, most women in Dragon Ball over time developed the same body.

Theeeeeen, #21 came in and changed that. (A change for the better, I must say ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

ZodaEX
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodaEX » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:50 am

I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed this, lol. It stood put to me that Videl and Android 17 had relatively small boobies. When I saw Battle of the Gods in the theater, I have to admit I was somewhat shocked at how busty Videl had become. I mean, I suppose she was in the breastfeeding stage since Maron was still so teeny tiny, but then that brings us to Android 17.. She is significantly more busty in BOTG/Resurrection F/Super and this makes far less sense to me, because don't fold essentially stop developing once they are converted to androids? And the size increase for 17 is just personally hard for me to buy. It should at least be in the same realm as she was in DBZ. At least in my personal opinion. 8)

saiyanhajime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by saiyanhajime » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:25 am

Is no one going to mention how even the guy boobies change size a lot too?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:29 am

saiyanhajime wrote:Is no one going to mention how even the guy boobies change size a lot too?
Well when the thread has been dead for almost a year...

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:10 pm

DB has never been overly ecchi or fanservice-centred. Boobs aren't that important.

And as Bulma, Chi-Chi and Videl are no longer young ladies, that's okay. We have a new generation: Yurin, Califla, Ribrianne, Rozie, Kakunsa, Caway, Vados, Marcarita and of course Cheelai.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:19 pm

ZodaEX wrote:I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed this, lol. It stood put to me that Videl and Android 17 had relatively small boobies. When I saw Battle of the Gods in the theater, I have to admit I was somewhat shocked at how busty Videl had become. I mean, I suppose she was in the breastfeeding stage since Maron was still so teeny tiny, but then that brings us to Android 17.. She is significantly more busty in BOTG/Resurrection F/Super and this makes far less sense to me, because don't fold essentially stop developing once they are converted to androids? And the size increase for 17 is just personally hard for me to buy. It should at least be in the same realm as she was in DBZ. At least in my personal opinion. 8)
I know! 17 and his insane boobs. :think:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:13 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:And as Bulma, Chi-Chi and Videl are no longer young ladies...
What? She's in her early 20s at the oldest...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:34 am

I'm not seeing how they are nerfed?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:DB has never been overly ecchi or fanservice-centred. Boobs aren't that important.

And as Bulma, Chi-Chi and Videl are no longer young ladies, that's okay. We have a new generation: Yurin, Califla, Ribrianne, Rozie, Kakunsa, Caway, Vados, Marcarita and of course Cheelai.
Videl, at her oldest, is maybe mid-20s.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:07 pm

Are we really talking about the boob size of the characters?

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 pm

Kokonoe wrote:I'm not seeing how they are nerfed?

They go away by Super: Broly, so...

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:26 pm

NewKakarot wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:I'm not seeing how they are nerfed?
They go away by Super: Broly, so...
From doing more expert analysis...

Seems comparable to the original manga artwork.

She still is quite gifted.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:51 pm

I just want Bulma to get a new hairstyle. I really don't like the RoF one, and I miss how she always had a different style.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:27 am

Cheelai has some pretty good ones to be honest lol. And damn Goku has some giant pecs in some of the movies especially in movie 7. Don't get me started on Kale and Broly.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:32 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Cheelai has some pretty good ones to be honest lol. And damn Goku has some giant pecs in some of the movies especially in movie 7. Don't get me started on Kale and Broly.
Ribrainne has the biggest teeties from what I've seen.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:33 am

Kokonoe wrote:
Jackal puFF wrote:Cheelai has some pretty good ones to be honest lol. And damn Goku has some giant pecs in some of the movies especially in movie 7. Don't get me started on Kale and Broly.
Haha! I am rewatching Super as we speak and she just popped up!

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:56 am

Jackal puFF wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:
Haha! I am rewatching Super as we speak and she just popped up!
lol you'll see later on when she powers up to max. They grow flippin' huge!