Autographs you have and what they mean to you

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Autographs you have and what they mean to you

Post by TheRed259 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Personally, I have one from Yiannis Papaioannou who is the Greek voice of Vegeta.

It means a lot to me since he is my favourite voice from the Greek dub of DragonBall Z (the dub I grew up with), he is the Vegeta I loved and I continue to love. I do like his voice in other animes and cartoons as well, it's so unique.

He is my favourite Greek VA even though he doesn't work anymore. It is a great honour for me to have an autograph from him!

What autographs do you have from the DB family (all over the world) and what they mean to you? Why they are important to you?
Last edited by TheRed259 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Autographs you have and what they mean to you

Post by sangofe » Wed May 02, 2018 5:21 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Personally, I have one from Yiannis Papaioannou who is the Greek voice of Vegeta.

It means a lot to me since he is my favourite voice from the Greek dub of DragonBall Z (the dub I grew up with), he is the Vegeta I loved and I continue to love. I do like his voice in other animes and cartoons as well, it's so unique.

He is my favourite Greek VA even though he doesn't work anymore (he started doing Greek dubs in 1964 in Cyprus and in 1975 in Greece). It is a great honour for me to have an autograph from him!

What autographs do you have from the DB family (all over the world) and what they mean to you? Why they are important to you?
French vegeta Eric Legrand. Always loved his Vegeta. And I still do.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Sadly none. The main one I'd want would be for Ryo Horikawa to sign my Dragon Box 2. That would make it my ultimate Dragon Ball item, though it kind of already is. I'd love for Sabat to sign one of my Kai blu rays but sadly none of the season sets or TFC parts specifically feature Vegeta like Kai part 2 does. So I guess I'd like him to sign TFC part 1.

Greek Vegeta is awesome by the way. The first time I heard him was a YouTube clip of when Vegeta fled earth in the Saiyan arc. It was equal parts hilarious (just due to the double voice, not the performance) and awesome (due to the double voice and the performance :lol:)

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Wed May 02, 2018 6:05 pm

Used to have a whole lot more but ended up having to sell a lot of them along with my Dragonboxes (*sob*) for husband’s medical bills so I’ve been trying to rebuild my collection.

Thus far, I have a photo with Sean Schemnel ( used to have his autograph) but I’m glad I still have the photo. He was a last minute guest to a con in 2011 and they were NOT prepared for how popular he was. I was lucky in that I was close to get early in the line. Really nice guy though; started ending his panels about halfway through “So the end of the line people can get autographs”

Sonny Strait I still have. I’ve met him a few times and he’s always fun to talk to.

Stephanie Nadolny—say what you will about her but she’s still firmly the voice of “my” Gohan so that’s probably my favorite. I also have Colleen Clickenbeard’s. She’s also real fun to talk to.

I’d love to get one of the Japanese voice actors’, as well as those I used to have back: Sabat, Vale, Schemmel, Bailey, Hebert..
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed May 02, 2018 8:04 pm

I had a autographed Budokai 3 PS2 game case signed by Christopher Sabat, but I don't know where the hell it is now, probably in my mother's house in a closet full of childhood items.

How much it means to me, not a lot but it's cool. I wonder how much it's WORTH though...
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Wed May 02, 2018 11:02 pm

From another thread I posted this in:
Kuwabara wrote:My most recent, and probably favorite Dragon Ball item:

Signed by the legend himself, Hironobu Kageyama, at Otakon 2017! Unfortunately, I couldn't meet him and the rest of JAM Project in person due to work, but two friends of mine very graciously waited in line for the chance to get this signed for me. The significance of the item signed should be obvious to anyone who loves DBZ's music!
This autograph has a lot of meaning for me because of Unmei no Hi being my favorite song in Dragon Ball, because of the bond I share with the friends who managed to get it for me, and because it's presently the only autograph I have from anyone involved with the series.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Forte224 wrote:Greek Vegeta is awesome by the way. The first time I heard him was a YouTube clip of when Vegeta fled earth in the Saiyan arc. It was equal parts hilarious (just due to the double voice, not the performance) and awesome (due to the double voice and the performance :lol:)
He has also voiced Raditz without a voice filter and he sounds awesome! And he still has that amazing voice despite his age. (that's from a narration he did in 2017) Yes, I do remember that scene with Vegeta even though the voice filter in that episode was kinda meh imo...
Logania wrote:How much it means to me, not a lot but it's cool. I wonder how much it's WORTH though...
LOL

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu May 03, 2018 11:39 pm

Ryo Horikawa signed my copy of "Battle of Gods" Blu-ray disc in Toronto. This was before Funimation released their extended cut of the film. The copy that he signed was a barebones Hong Kong import. Even Hong Kong director Derek Kwok was so envious about it. Showed it to him on his Facebook page.
The world is your's.

Blondiebear_17

Post by Blondiebear_17 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:44 am

I have
Chris Sabat
Sean Schemmel
Eric Vale
Sonny Strait
Monica Rial
Ian Sinclaire
Todd Haberkorn
Justin Cook and
Vic Mignogna

It was really cool getting to see them in person but at the same time they are regular people there to pay their bills and stuff. I am going to Kameha con for Sat and Sun so I am hoping to come home with more autographs I really would like to get autographs and photos with Kyle Hebert, Cynthia Cranz and maybe Linda Young and Chuck Huber. I swear though I have issues communicating with these people though because I don't have time to think when they say something to me I definitely end up sounding stupid or rude and then I relive it over and over again :sick: for months or years at a time. For me, it was just really interesting because it kinda felt a bit like my life was coming full circle or something. I told myself when I was a kid I would meet a lot of these people and I never really believed it would be a thing that I could do but I was still able to cross them off of my bucket list. It also makes things more interesting the longer these people work and the more roles they play the more enjoyment you get out of meeting them than just DBZ. Like the last time I got an Autograph from Chris Sabat he had played a lot of roles I love but now he is also All Might and so if I get to meet him again I can get a whole other level of enjoyment out of it.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat May 05, 2018 3:22 pm

This will be a bit of a long one due to having attended many conventions and I admit some things I don't remember the exact name, and will describe rather than name. What has the most signatures I have is my "Battle of Gods" combo pack that I had signed by Kyle Hebert, Ian Sinclair, Chris Rager and Josh Martin. Upon meeting the latter two, they said they liked my Mr. Satan costume:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

I've also had Mr. Martin sign my dvd that has Kid Buu fighting Fat Buu, and he talked about fighting himself and having to record one before the other. Also Mr. Hebert signed my dvd where Gohan has the Z Sword on the cover in addition to Street Fighter IV, Ultra Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs Capcom 3. Had Vic Mignogna sign the first two Broly movies, among others, Eric Vale sign the first Trunks dvd, Chris Sabat sign one of the Ultimate Uncut dvds with Piccolo on the cover, Fusion Reborn, and Part 1 of the King Piccolo Saga. I had Mayumi Tanaka and Japanese Lunch (forget her name at the moment) sign the General Blue Saga of DB, and Ryo Horikawa the Babidi-Rivals dvd. Kent Williams signed my copy of the Babidi dvd that has Gohan, Goku, Vegeta and Kaioshin on the cover. Met Laura Bailey twice and had her sign the first World Tournament dvd along with Negima, Soul Eater and Fruits Basket. With Negima she thought it was cool I was trying to get as many of the cast to sign as I could, and second time I met her, took a pic with her, so here's the three of us:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I had Sonny Strait sign one of the Cell Games dvds as well as a One Piece dvd, and that's about it for DB things I got signed. I've met other cast members but either for one reason or another didn't get a signature and only a picture with them, or had them sign other things, like Scott McNeil, Lisa Ann Beley and Brian Drummond to sign "Endless Waltz", or with Todd Haberkorn Fairy Tail and Rosario + Vampire, etc.