Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gantarat

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by gantarat » Sun May 20, 2018 8:11 am

Toxin45 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know, with this new Heroes anime, if we don't get Super Saiyan Pan, I'm gonna be Suuuupeeeer disappointed.
Well Pan didn't get super saiyan in the heroes games though though I wonder about the avatars like Beat and Note will be in it.
Only Adapt Prison Planet arc so no Beat and Note.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun May 20, 2018 10:32 am

I wonder why this hasn't made the front page yet.

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:22 pm

gantarat wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know, with this new Heroes anime, if we don't get Super Saiyan Pan, I'm gonna be Suuuupeeeer disappointed.
Well Pan didn't get super saiyan in the heroes games though though I wonder about the avatars like Beat and Note will be in it.
Only Adapt Prison Planet arc so no Beat and Note.
Naturally the avatars are in game, in the UM2 promo you see Beat. But the question is, is the anime adapting the video game or the manga? So at the moment we can't be sure.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun May 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Actually I got to say how surprised I am that Pan never got a Super Saiyan form in the Heroes games. I figured that would be pretty viral marketing.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 20, 2018 1:26 pm

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Actually I got to say how surprised I am that Pan never got a Super Saiyan form in the Heroes games. I figured that would be pretty viral marketing.
Goten never got Ssj2 or 3 despite Gt Trunks getting them. I guess they're not very popular in Japan.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 20, 2018 1:48 pm

sintzu wrote:there's been a clear merchandise mentality to it which goes against what the original manga was, a story.
And Super is not a story... How? What, because a character inspired by Broly in appearance exists?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun May 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Best boy is back

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:
sintzu wrote:there's been a clear merchandise mentality to it which goes against what the original manga was, a story.
And Super is not a story... How? What, because a character inspired by Broly in appearance exists?
Super is a story thanks to Toriyama, but despite that, it has merchandise elements to it like the constant recolored Ssj forms, alternate saiyans and Freeza, Broly wannabe, all the call backs to the original, etc.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Super is a story thanks to Toriyama, but despite that, it has merchandise elements to it like the constant recolored Ssj forms, alternate saiyans and Freeza, Broly wannabe, all the call backs to the original, etc.
They also introduce champa plus universe is considered the most popular out of the universe probably because it was the first universe introduced the second being universe 10 and later other universes like what do you want to explore? Universe 11 or 2?

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun May 20, 2018 5:49 pm

sintzu wrote:
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Actually I got to say how surprised I am that Pan never got a Super Saiyan form in the Heroes games. I figured that would be pretty viral marketing.
Goten never got Ssj2 or 3 despite Gt Trunks getting them. I guess they're not very popular in Japan.
I knew Future Trunks got those power ups, I didn't know GT Trunks got one too. Although really Surprised Goten hasn't gotten much either.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun May 20, 2018 6:23 pm

sintzu wrote:Super is a story thanks to Toriyama, but despite that, it has merchandise elements to it like the constant recolored Ssj forms, alternate saiyans and Freeza, Broly wannabe, all the call backs to the original, etc.
That still doesn't mean it's not telling nor not having a story.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:27 pm

It's funny that a lot of the popular youtubers including Geekdom, Mastar, and ForneverWorld are saying that there will be two arcs- Universe Survival arc and Prison Planet arc, but that was a mistranslation by YonkouProductions. The translation by Herms98 says that there is only one arc - Prison Planet. The word, "Universe" was referring to "Universe Mission". The first two Universe missions so far in SDBH are the Prison Planet arc. You can tell the whole arc without Beat or any of the characters from Demon Realm. The only new character is Fu and the unknown saiyan in the straitjacket. The latter who is the most interesting since we don't know if it's a character we know that has been revived or a new saiyan. In either case, Fu is definitely experimenting with collecting Time Rift energies like he did in Xenoverse 2 and feeding it into this saiyan.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
sintzu wrote:Super is a story thanks to Toriyama, but despite that, it has merchandise elements to it like the constant recolored Ssj forms, alternate saiyans and Freeza, Broly wannabe, all the call backs to the original, etc.
That still doesn't mean it's not telling nor not having a story.
Did you even read my comment ? I clearly said Super is a story.

NormalHero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NormalHero » Sun May 20, 2018 7:48 pm

my theory is that pan doesn't get super saiyan in the game until she doesn't get in the anime/manga.. maybe a toriyama request.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun May 20, 2018 8:55 pm

There's an official website for this PR anime, though there's nothing on it yet.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 pm

Damn time this happened. Though I wanted them to adapt Dark Demon Realm first D:

This will probably be monthly? I wouldn't mind if DDRM was a 10 minutes, 10 episodes thing, if it were weekly, but having the anime come out concurrently with the manga and game means it won't be weekly.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon May 21, 2018 1:36 am

Sandubadear wrote:Damn time this happened. Though I wanted them to adapt Dark Demon Realm first D:

This will probably be monthly? I wouldn't mind if DDRM was a 10 minutes, 10 episodes thing, if it were weekly, but having the anime come out concurrently with the manga and game means it won't be weekly.
Yeah. Why don't they start there...

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon May 21, 2018 8:37 am

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 21, 2018 8:53 am

It would be awesome if someone could translate all that is written in the website.

Some pages on Facebook are saying that it is clearly written "first episode" right below the date, which would mean that they are planning on release more episodes, like a legit anime, not some one-shot OVA, like Tarble's one.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon May 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Website has opened up.
Thanks for the link!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.