Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

ankokudaishogun
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:If this is supposed to be the Vegeta from DBS, how does he know who Cooler is?
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes, everything is canon. lol
Actually it's not.

The arcade is canon. In the arcade, Vegeta doesn't recognize Coola.

User avatar
DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:13 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Well, that was just as expected. An improvement from episode 1 but overall no one should be expecting some outstanding pieces of animation in these. Yamamuro's art was great and the music was pretty decent.

Sucks to have to wait til September but oh well.

gantarat
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 3:33 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by gantarat » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:44 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:If this is supposed to be the Vegeta from DBS, how does he know who Cooler is?
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes, everything is canon. lol
Actually it's not.

The arcade is canon. In the arcade, Vegeta doesn't recognize Coola.
None of Heroe Media is canon.

User avatar
KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:58 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by KingKaash » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:45 pm

I remember how Goku couldn't be poisoned by evil because he was pure hearted. That's why there's no Majin Goku. And why he was the first to go SSJ God. But this Kanba/Cumber guy is so evil that even Goku got affected. This DBH stuff is bonkers and I like it!
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:31 am

Considering the gap for next episode, I'm guessing we're getting an episode for all the Universal Mission, and thus, we're going to see SSJ4 Vegito animated.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6616
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:37 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Considering the gap for next episode, I'm guessing we're getting an episode for all the Universal Mission, and thus, we're going to see SSJ4 Vegito animated.
Or they just are busy and need time...

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:31 am

Draconic wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sandubadear wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Who is drawing the manga? Cuz ouch that doesn't look great at all /:
It's not the best artstyle, I'll agree (and I don't know who the artist is), but don't try to judge it based on a single page. The composition and panelling in this more than makes up for it!
That's fair, it was the first time I have been exposed to the DBH manga.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6616
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:41 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Draconic wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Who is drawing the manga? Cuz ouch that doesn't look great at all /:
It's not the best artstyle, I'll agree (and I don't know who the artist is), but don't try to judge it based on a single page. The composition and panelling in this more than makes up for it!
That's fair, it was the first time I have been exposed to the DBH manga.
It is not bad. Just different from for example toyotaro.

User avatar
Koitsukai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1422
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 pm

So where did Goku Xeno go?

User avatar
KeKeKe
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by KeKeKe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I have to say that I actually enjoy this new anime series, despite its flaws.

They came up with a very good idea when they created this Prison Planet and its distinctive characteristics. The fact that the prisoners need to gather those new Dragon Balls to escape the planet, each one of them being kept by a strong warrior that must be faced, gives me an early DB feeling, back when searching for the seven mystical orbs was the series' main point, hence its name. Putting Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT elements together in this new anime is, according to me, a very nice touch and actually a great way of trying to place both series' events in the same continuity.

The ideas in general are good, the problem is mainly the execution, especially the short duration of each episode. I'm fully aware of the fact that this is a different kind of anime series when compared to the previous four, since its main goal is the promotion of a video game, but still... Everything feels so rushed that there is no time for us to properly connect with the characters and the situations, leaving them all very underdeveloped.

In conclusion, the potential is there, the animation and the music are great too, but something's missing due to its extremely fast pace.

Regardless of that, I'll definitely keep watching it and can't wait for the next episode! Too bad that we will be forced to wait until September for that...

User avatar
BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:06 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by BrolyKale » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Koitsukai wrote:So where did Goku Xeno go?
He is probably looking for Fu, or searching for other warriors.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

ankokudaishogun
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:17 pm

KingKaash wrote:I remember how Goku couldn't be poisoned by evil because he was pure hearted. That's why there's no Majin Goku. And why he was the first to go SSJ God. But this Kanba/Cumber guy is so evil that even Goku got affected. This DBH stuff is bonkers and I like it!
He's pure of heart, as in he has no evil inside him Babidy could use to control him.
But Cumber infected him with an external evil source. Completely different situation.

User avatar
alakazam^
I Live Here
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:55 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Who is drawing the manga? Cuz ouch that doesn't look great at all /:
The mangaka is Yoshitaka Nagayama.

User avatar
jeffbr92
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 pm

This was better than the first one for sure, but Golden Coola? Nah, they should gave him a Platinum form, because Platinum > Gold and also could be a reference to Meta-Coola.

Vegetto as okay though it's impressive that Heroes had the guts to give him a new outfit and the main series not lol

bleed0range wrote:It was better than the first episode, but it feels like it’s just the basic story beats to the upcoming movie no?

Crazed overpowered bulky saiyan attacks Gokun and Vegeta, Freeza will probably help because he has to and go Golden and then Goku and Vegeta will fuse into Vegetto or more likely Gogeta.

So then why do the story here?
I thought you guys have learned after ToP end that we can't predict things out Toriyama mind, so yeah I don't believe his Broly movie will be as that predictable.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6616
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:36 am

jeffbr92 wrote:This was better than the first one for sure, but Golden Coola? Nah, they should gave him a Platinum form, because Platinum > Gold and also could be a reference to Meta-Coola.

Vegetto as okay though it's impressive that Heroes had the guts to give him a new outfit and the main series not lol

bleed0range wrote:It was better than the first episode, but it feels like it’s just the basic story beats to the upcoming movie no?

Crazed overpowered bulky saiyan attacks Gokun and Vegeta, Freeza will probably help because he has to and go Golden and then Goku and Vegeta will fuse into Vegetto or more likely Gogeta.

So then why do the story here?
I thought you guys have learned after ToP end that we can't predict things out Toriyama mind, so yeah I don't believe his Broly movie will be as that predictable.
He has never ever been predictable, so I am with you there.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Shounen wrote:
Bullza wrote:So when is the next episode? Is there a next episode?
In September (9月) - http://carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/prison_planet/movie.php.
That is a long time from now. I wonder why such a huge gap of releases.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:50 pm

majinwarman wrote:That is a long time from now. I wonder why such a huge gap of releases.
Because the next episode won't feature just Vegetto vs Cumber, it'll probably show stuff beyond that fight. But here's the thing, UM3 ended with Vegetto and Cumber fight, anything beyond that will be stuff from UM4.

If the next episode was released before, it would spoil whatever UM4 will bring.
Last edited by Grimlock on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Grimlock wrote:
majinwarman wrote:That is a long time from now. I wonder why such a huge gap of releases.
Because the next episode won't feature just Vegetto vs Cumber, it'll show stuff beyond that fight. But here's the thing, UM3 ended with Vegetto and Cumber fight, anything beyond that will be stuff from UM4.

If the next episode was released before, it would spoil whatever UM4 will bring.
How many UM will there be?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:54 pm

If they continue to follow the pattern, Universe Mission will have ten missions (as SDBH had eight).

User avatar
nitemare
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:03 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by nitemare » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Vegeta and Goku are merging into Vegeto and there's no "YOSHAA!"??!... Disappointed.

Post Reply