Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:48 am

The part where Fu suddenly got all burry in the beginning confused me, until I saw the shadow of Cumber in the background and realized they were trying to focus on him. Kind of hard to do that when he's a tiny silhouette. Then I realized the version I was watching didn't have subtitles, so I stopped watching it and I'll wait for one that does.

EDIT: Although I do know enough Japanese to know that Cumber was basically saying that he wants to fight...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:20 am

Summary of episode 6 (Herms is off this week):

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:36 am

Cipher wrote:Summary of episode 6 (Herms is off this week):
So I watched the subbed version, is it really written "multiverse" or you just translated to be a more "Western thing"?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:23 am

Grimlock wrote:
Cipher wrote:Summary of episode 6 (Herms is off this week):
So I watched the subbed version, is it really written "multiverse" or you just translated to be a more "Western thing"?
"All universes."

I fought with Terez over that and argued it was a standard fiction term for "multiple/all separate universes." Though there was back-and-forth over whether to go with that or "omni-verse" (which I think Herms had used before, but in non-DB stuff it tends to be used for even larger scales than "multiverses"). If people are really opposed to it being used for Dragon Ball, though, I'll note that for the future.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:34 am

I see. I'm not opposing, I prefer that word being used in the Dragon Ball fandom but I would like for it to appear officially as well. Xenoverse 2 also mentions "Multiverse" but in English version, I don't know if it's there in Japanese version too. Well, I don't even know if the Japanese vocabulary has such word.

Speaking of that, I do, however, oppose to the usage of the term "Omniverse" because, like you said, refers to something way larger than Multiverse.

Anyway, thanks for translating it. I got shocked to see that they are trying to take down Zeno. This is exactly what I had in mind when Universe Survival saga was announced, characters from different Universes getting together to fight something/someone "greater" than them. Once again I have to thank Heroes for actually knowing what to do with the Multiverse concept and the characters. :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:50 am

Grimlock wrote:I see. I'm not opposing, I prefer that word being used in the Dragon Ball fandom but I would like for it to appear officially as well. Xenoverse 2 also mentions "Multiverse" but in English version, I don't know if it's there in Japanese version too. Well, I don't even know if the Japanese vocabulary has such word.
There are some particular theory/sci-fi phrases like 多元宇宙 (tagen-uchuu; universes across multiple dimensions; also used for multiversal theory), but in this case the phrase used was 全宇宙 (zen-uchuu), which is more literally "all universes." Or what you could call a "multiverse," putting it all together.

But this was just one line in a trailer, so, again, if people have strong feelings about the vocabulary here, I really am happy to keep it in mind as it seems likely to come up again in future Heroes material (which it seems I'm likely to keep helping out with in one way or another, even if it's just translating bits of information for tweets or the forums).

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:06 am

Cooler was totally useless from the beginning to the end ...
Well, i m happy that the series will continue.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:25 am

I can't believe Cooler actually moved. I thought he would be standing there forever firing a single ki blast every episode.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:55 am

So:
Zamasu is revived, his goal is to destroy the Omni-kings and other characters like Kefla, Hit and Jiren are indeed involved.

Woah.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 am

Zamasu55 wrote:So:
Zamasu is revived, his goal is to destroy the Omni-kings and other characters like Kefla, Hit and Jiren are indeed involved.

Woah.
Sound super interesting, but I’m not looking forward to it because it’s being done in SDBH, it’s like the most inconsistent of the inconsistent.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:55 am

Cipher wrote:
Grimlock wrote:So I watched the subbed version, is it really written "multiverse" or you just translated to be a more "Western thing"?
"All universes."

I fought with Terez over that and argued it was a standard fiction term for "multiple/all separate universes." Though there was back-and-forth over whether to go with that or "omni-verse" (which I think Herms had used before, but in non-DB stuff it tends to be used for even larger scales than "multiverses"). If people are really opposed to it being used for Dragon Ball, though, I'll note that for the future.
We did not fight. You had "all the universes" or "every universe" (I don't remember which); I suggested "multiverse" and linked you to some relevant Herms tweets. Then we discussed it, you decided it had to be "multiverse", and that was that.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:59 am

Oh my God, did Goku just... die?!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:00 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Oh my God, did Goku just... die?!
It was a reference to Goku being stuck on Namek so probably not.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:08 am

Terez wrote:We did not fight. You had "all the universes" or "every universe" (I don't remember which); I suggested "multiverse" and linked you to some relevant Herms tweets. Then we discussed it, you decided it had to be "multiverse", and that was that.
Was just a little hyperbole. Terez is actually very nice.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:23 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:I can't believe Cooler actually moved. I thought he would be standing there forever firing a single ki blast every episode.

Hey, Cooler wasn't completely useless, what we got was atleast better than if he stopped training and wore a green tracksuit. :P

Being serious, this episode was definitely the best so far, MUI wasn't underwhelming here and I got hyped when Zamasu showed up.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:07 pm

I wonder, is there any explanation for why Fu is so strong?

And they don't even play Ultimate Battle during the Ultra Instinct scenes... lame

Also is there any reason Goku couldn't just teleport out of there now, since the others did too? Because if the next episode reveals that he just did that would be a pointless cliffhanger.

And at least someone is finally trying to kill that little bastard. Is it bad that I'm rooting for the villains to succeed?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I wonder, is there any explanation for why Fu is so strong?
He is the son of Mira and Towa, Dabra's sister. Mira is an artificial being created from several strong fighters.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:36 pm

Terez wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I wonder, is there any explanation for why Fu is so strong?
He is the son of Mira and Towa, Dabra's sister. Mira is an artificial being created from several strong fighters.
But I don't recall Mira or Towa being that strong in Xenoverse.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Terez wrote:
But I don't recall Mira or Towa being that strong in Xenoverse.
In Xenoverse 2 it took the CaC and SSBlue Goku to take down Mira.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:03 pm

First seconds of the episode reminded me a lot of Planet Namek when he was about to explode. The sound effects, the thunder, the explosions sounded almost the same. You would think that Goku Super Saiyan and Freeza would show up and fight.