Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Chuquita wrote:Is the dialogue read out loud in game? Even if it is, it's not the same as a Freeza or Cell during Z where they were on TV each week and had way more exposure.
What kind of comparison is this? Seems like trying to find a reason to come here to this thread just to say/contribute nothing. Obviously the length of the dialogues in the game are less than in an entire weekly series but it is enough for each mission to develop and progress the story. It's a game with its own mechanics, so you cannot ask for dialogues the same way as in the series. And yes, it is read out loud (not that it matters though).

The person who posts Heroes arcade skipped the battles and their video managed to reach 10 minutes long, only with dialogues and just one battle (and there's a little bit more of dialogue after it). Lots of conversation and stuff being progressively (but slowly as any other story) revealed.

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Doesn't sound that much for me, ah well. :(
Grimlock wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Is the dialogue read out loud in game? Even if it is, it's not the same as a Freeza or Cell during Z where they were on TV each week and had way more exposure.
What kind of comparison is this? Seems like trying to find a reason to come here to this thread just to say/contribute nothing. Obviously the length of the dialogues in the game are less than in an entire weekly series but it is enough for each mission to develop and progress the story. It's a game with its own mechanics, so you cannot ask for dialogues the same way as in the series. And yes, it is read out loud (not that it matters though).

The person who posts Heroes arcade skipped the battles and their video managed to reach 10 minutes long, only with dialogues and just one battle (and there's a little bit more of dialogue after it). Lots of conversation and stuff being progressively (but slowly as any other story) revealed.

You're the one who replied to me. My initial post wasn't to you.

I was disappointed because I'd rather have Dio's VA in something related to the main part of the franchise, not a game-only character.

I came to the thread because I watched the episode and wanted to give my thoughts. I don't even post that much here anymore so saying it was an excuse to post is way off base.

I'm not that invested in Heroes, and maybe this thread wasn't the place to post my disappointment if everyone's way more passionate about the game than I am. Maybe the general DBS thread is where I should've posted it.
After all I haven't watched any of the videos you mentioned because I have little more than a passing interest in DBH. I like the game exclusive outfits, and I like that they brought Zamasu back, but that's about it. If you're looking for someone to debate, I'm not them.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:You clearly do not get my point, and no, even the current version of Broly sucks.
I disagree the new Broly is by far awesome as hell ♥
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Now this is the kind of arc I wish Super did from the start instead of self-contained stories with no scale.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Grimlock wrote:For some reason, even though Heroes "sucks" these people keep coming here after every episode is released to utter some silly things. So it's kinda pointless to try to reason with them. It's great to see that you also prefer some plot, by the way.
It's almost like we're Dragon Ball fans and this is a Dragon Ball series. People can watch whatever they want and brushing everyone else off with "well they just hate REAL STORIES" while constantly ignoring anyone who objects makes you look like a douche.
Zamasu55 wrote: You clearly do not get my point, and no, even the current version of Broly sucks.
Actually it seems like you're missing my point. Even if that were true, the actual writing of Heroes ranges from "worst Z filler" to "literally nothing happening except fighting". There's no hints of anything that made these characters good in Super (these characters meaning Hit and Zamasu, because the U6 saiyans kinda suck), just soulless husks using their character designs. Everything about Heroes's """storytelling""" is bland, boring and elaborates on nothing, with none of what makes Dragon Ball's storytelling special. You can argue all you want about the series only rehashing the things you want, but that means nothing in terms of whether it's written well or not.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:41 pm

The Hearts/Zamasu dynamic would be pretty cool if it weren't stuck in a series that's fighting 24/7. The two have diametrically different goals yet they need to work together in order to overthrow the Gods and even be able to achieve their goals in the first place. It doesn't hurt that a rebellion against the Gods actually is a morally just motivation in this universe where Gods are dicks; this is the kind of storyline Super has been building since the start yet shirking every time it seemed things were heading that way.

Ah, how disappointing.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13023
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:30 pm

Doctor. wrote:The Hearts/Zamasu dynamic would be pretty cool if it weren't stuck in a series that's fighting 24/7. The two have diametrically different goals yet they need to work together in order to overthrow the Gods and even be able to achieve their goals in the first place. It doesn't hurt that a rebellion against the Gods actually is a morally just motivation in this universe where Gods are dicks; this is the kind of storyline Super has been building since the start yet shirking every time it seemed things were heading that way.

Ah, how disappointing.
Yeah the premise alone is very exciting. It's a shame this isn't used for the show itself. I'm very curious to how they plan to even get rid of Zeno. It's a shame the promotion material has such a cool great massive scale, but can't really fully capitalize on it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5966
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Easiest way to get rid of Zeno - have the two Zenos erase each other.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SSJgogeto
Regular
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Well, that's an average episode, maybe slightly better, at least for Heroes.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1772
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Grimlock wrote:For some reason, even though Heroes "sucks" these people keep coming here after every episode is released to utter some silly things. So it's kinda pointless to try to reason with them. It's great to see that you also prefer some plot, by the way.
It's almost like we're Dragon Ball fans and this is a Dragon Ball series. People can watch whatever they want and brushing everyone else off with "well they just hate REAL STORIES" while constantly ignoring anyone who objects makes you look like a douche.
Zamasu55 wrote: You clearly do not get my point, and no, even the current version of Broly sucks.
Actually it seems like you're missing my point. Even if that were true, the actual writing of Heroes ranges from "worst Z filler" to "literally nothing happening except fighting". There's no hints of anything that made these characters good in Super (these characters meaning Hit and Zamasu, because the U6 saiyans kinda suck), just soulless husks using their character designs. Everything about Heroes's """storytelling""" is bland, boring and elaborates on nothing, with none of what makes Dragon Ball's storytelling special. You can argue all you want about the series only rehashing the things you want, but that means nothing in terms of whether it's written well or not.
Still better than a recycled Broly. And I know SDH is trash, but still the plot's much more interesting than everything we've ever had in Super, in my opinion. And I'm not the only one that thinks this.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:42 pm

It really isn't, though. By any measure other than your personal preference of one character over another, Heroes only subtracts from characters people already liked, while I'd say Broly had nowhere to go but up.

And again, there isn't really a "plot" happening in Heroes. It's literally just establishing an enemy, fighting them, and then things just stop when they decide to go to the next one. No matter which aspect of the normal series you pick, there is always something to grab onto that's fleshed-out or has some level of introspective to make that part of the story stand out, even if it sucks. Jiren is boring, but he had a story to tell. The Zamasu arc was about stuff even if it had a shit ending. This entire show means nothing to the world, characters or themes of Dragon Ball, and it's all boring as shit on top of that.

Acting like it's better just because you personally prefer it for not currently having Broly in it (keyword being currently, don't pretend they won't milk the shit out of him) and not because of any of the actual factors that go into storytelling in a series like this is pretty much devaluing the work that goes into the main series. And if it is all based on your personal preference, then we're not really talking about the general quality of the thing in the first place, so I don't really need to bother because you can have whatever opinion you want.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13023
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Easiest way to get rid of Zeno - have the two Zenos erase each other.
Now how do you get two people with the same thoughts and mind to pretty much wipe each other out? They likely have the same waifu's so no waifu wars to stoke XP.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5966
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:36 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Easiest way to get rid of Zeno - have the two Zenos erase each other.
Now how do you get two people with the same thoughts and mind to pretty much wipe each other out? They likely have the same waifu's so no waifu wars to stoke XP.
Ask them which one of them is better than the other...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:00 am

Cipher wrote:I forgot this separate thread exists and only dumped this in the game thread earlier. Here's a bunch of translations and summaries from earlier:


Episode 8 - "Zamasu Revived?! The Curtain Rises on the Universal Conflict Arc!" summary
SDBH official site "Story" page translation (contains several new details for the arc, and at least one bit on Fu's goals that seemingly contradicts the take the anime gave him last episode, but -shrug-):
SDBH official site "Core Area" character bio translations:
Additional "Core Area" character blurb from the character overview page:
And last but not least, a summary of the entire first campaign of the Universal Conflict arc in the arcade game, using footage from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3Z2HsjYpI

Have you seen that the Universe Seed have 12 little balls surounding the core :o So when this Universe Seed birth that's create 12 Universe at once ? Oh my the inspiration are surging, how do you write universe seed in japanese I want to try to find a bigger and clean picture of this Universe Seed thingy.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5478
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:24 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Have you seen that the Universe Seed have 12 little balls surounding the core :o So when this Universe Seed birth that's create 12 Universe at once ? Oh my the inspiration are surging, how do you write universe seed in japanese I want to try to find a bigger and clean picture of this Universe Seed thingy.
宇宙の種

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20934
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 am

Seeing the full premise of the current arc of SDBH makes me resent the anime even more. It's a fantastic premise, that's being utterly squandered. It's the Evil Dragons all over again.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by NeoKING » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 pm

The funny thing about this is that it's damn-near obvious at this point that Toei/Shueisha/Dragon Room want to revive GT in some way. They know that despite the performance of the original GT anime, the fans are in love with the unforgettable elements of the series and are still finding ways to push it in the modern franchise. That's why you have these 17/18 Truffle knock-offs. That's why everyone has SSJ4.

My guess is, at least part of this is all a gauge to see how a possible GT homage would do in today's DB climate.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 pm

NeoKING wrote:The funny thing about this is that it's damn-near obvious at this point that Toei/Shueisha/Dragon Room want to revive GT in some way. They know that despite the performance of the original GT anime, the fans are in love with the unforgettable elements of the series and are still finding ways to push it in the modern franchise. That's why you have these 17/18 Truffle knock-offs. That's why everyone has SSJ4.

My guess is, at least part of this is all a gauge to see how a possible GT homage would do in today's DB climate.
I'd love for a new GT series with a score composed by Tokunaga. :)

User avatar
KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:58 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by KingKaash » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 am

I like the all out war across Universes concept but there's some weird things:

1) The Sinister Six Core Area Warriors plan is to kill the Omni King. LOL :lol: These baddies are strong but they'd have to get past the Grand Priest and none of them are anywhere close to the GPs level. And even if they did, I'm sure the two attendants the Omni King has by his side are even stronger than the Grand Priest. So it's an insane idea.

2) The Gods of Destruction should be stopping the Core Area Warriors. They are somehow out of reach which is odd

3) Time-Skip ain't as cool or strong as it used to be

The thing I liked was Oren and Kamin. Some fresh new non-Saiyan characters with some cool abilities. I'm ready for some Tuffle backstory

Oh well this is all in fun so I'll see where it goes
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

User avatar
szopman
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:56 am
Location: Poland

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by szopman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 am

KingKaash wrote:I like the all out war across Universes concept but there's some weird things:

2) The Gods of Destruction should be stopping the Core Area Warriors. They are somehow out of reach which is odd
They just have to kill all kaioshins, then Gods of Destructions are all dead and all the angels are inactive. But still, the Grand Priest ... :)

Post Reply