Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:Hmm, perhaps. You all miht be correct. Further research is required from my part.
In the Galactic Patrol Prisoner saga, Goku said he hadn't been able to use Ultra Instinct since the Tournament. He used Ultra Instinct on the Prison Planet so it would have to come afterward.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:59 pm

Bullza wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:Hmm, perhaps. You all might be correct. Further research is required from my part.
In the Galactic Patrol Prisoner saga, Goku said he hadn't been able to use Ultra Instinct since the Tournament. He used Ultra Instinct on the Prison Planet so it would have to come afterward.
This was originally my point. That the Prison Planet arc is after the GPP arc. But people don't seem to believe that.
P O W E R

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:This was originally my point. That the Prison Planet arc is after the GPP arc. But people don't seem to believe that.
Well realistically they aren't meant to be tieing in, it's just a promotional anime, it's not something to make sense of. The Dragon Ball Super anime and manga aren't going to take it into account or go out of their way to not contradict it.

But yeah ideally it should be after this stuff with Moro but I'm sure something will happen that will make that not work in time.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Bullza wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:This was originally my point. That the Prison Planet arc is after the GPP arc. But people don't seem to believe that.
Well realistically they aren't meant to be tieing in, it's just a promotional anime, it's not something to make sense of. The Dragon Ball Super anime and manga aren't going to take it into account or go out of their way to not contradict it.

But yeah ideally it should be after this stuff with Moro but I'm sure something will happen that will make that not work in time.
Indeed. The more the story progressesses, these elements that "tie" the arcs, won't be there. Of course someone shouldn't say that said events happened in the same timeline.
P O W E R

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Has anything new happened in Heroes? I haven’t watched since Jump Festa.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:17 am

Is that real? Better question, why would you even?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:30 am

That looks quite real indeed, and it’s the worst design I have ever seen out of Yamamuro. I am so glad he has been replaced by Shintani for the main material. How could he even paste Goku’s head on top of Grand Priest’s design and call it a day? Quite frankly that looks very unprofessional for me, especially coming from someone who has the experience Yamamuro has. I doubt it would have taken him much to draw Goku by himself. Unless he really did draw that from scratch, in which case it’s even more ridiculous. But the feet make me think he actually just pasted Goku’s head over the original design. And of course he totally failed at scaling it better.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:36 am

Looking at the picture closely, is more like the Grand Priest's clothes were scaled to Goku's body but the puffy sleeves and longer shirt give the impression of being the other way around.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:09 am

The man is a godamn joker. I don't care if it's Heroes the man is a damn parasite on this franchise. I still can't forgive him for his quite frankly dreadful SS4 Vegetto design.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:11 am

Grand Priest is Goten memes just got a whole new breath.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Haven't been on forums for a while since it seems the animosity in it has grown ten fold, which is what I'm expecting in this thread as well too.

However, as for that particular image of GP Goku, it's not exactly the clearest shot out there. While (as someone who still likes Yam's style) it seems off, I'm sure it'll look much better in the actual show. It's a little difficult to make out small details from such a blurry picture. Something isn't right with it, can't put my finger on it though. Where was this picture found?

It's kind of funny and cool to see that this whole idea is actually going to happen...Goku in the Grand Priest outfit, haha. Can't wait to see it tbh.

Edit: I found another picture of this design and see why the first one posted here is off. Someone intentionally edited it to make it seem dwarf like. How sad, but I expected something like that from some people. With that said, there are still itty bitty things that seem off, but I need to see a very clear picture to tell and I'm still sure that it'll look better in the show too. Regardless, it's not the total dwarf body thing whoever edited that first picture is making it out to be. --.--

Last edited by DainIronfoot on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Personally, I would like to see the interaction between the Grand Priest and Goku. Perhaps it is time for the Grand Priest to teach him a couple of stuff, ever since Goku DID master the Ultra Instinct form twice (according to the Heroes timeline). We might get a few answers about who the enemies are.
P O W E R

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:57 pm

So why is he wearing that outfit again?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:22 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:Edit: I found another picture of this design and see why the first one posted here is off. Someone intentionally edited it to make it seem dwarf like. How sad, but I expected something like that from some people. With that said, there are still itty bitty things that seem off, but I need to see a very clear picture to tell and I'm still sure that it'll look better in the show too. Regardless, it's not the total dwarf body thing whoever edited that first picture is making it out to be. --.--
It's not edited, it's the perspective due to it being a photograph of a computer monitor.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Just as I expected, the "If you don't dislike Yam, you're horrible person" gang are out and about again on social media. Hoping the animosity from some of these people doesn't make it's way on here. However, that hope doesn't have a lot of confidence in it based on what I've seen from time to time. Oh well, I'm looking forward to the newest promo episode and curious how the outfit will look on Goku in animated form. :lol:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:54 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:So why is he wearing that outfit again?
He rocked up to GPs crib with his clothes trashed, so GP hooked him up with some of his old threads like a good bro.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:47 am

I expected more from you Top

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:36 am

ShaggyBlanco wrote:
I expected more from you Top
It kinda hurts.. seeing strong characters we've just recently learned about get one-shotted.

Then again the same happened to Cell & Freeza in Hell against Paikuhan back then.

At least Black is safe from this treatment.