Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Mnich » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:29 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:56 pm Super Oren shouldn't have white skin. All of Baby Vegeta forms had human skin color and possesed Caulifla/Kale also had normal skin. Why change it here?
Well it's kinda strange but we can say that they work in a different way from Baby. They are from Universe 6 after all.

I have to agree - that punch from Jiren was magnificent. Too bad their "fight" was so short (it's hard to call a fight - Zamasu was completely destroyed). Zamasu deserves a longer beating and I'd love to see how Jiren smashes Zamasu's godly face into the ground. Oh well, at least we have this beautiful ONEEE PUUUUUUUNCH!!!

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:40 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 pm Probably not in the anime since every episode is quite short and the main villain of the arc seems to be Hearts instead of Zamasu, but hopefully in the manga or the game they will explain what's the deal with the new Mecha Fused Zamasu.
that depends on its importance here I suppose
in PP, cooler in the manga just did some things and majin ozotto was wasted in any case

The manga is not so long either, although it has the courtesy to epliplain a better little the context.

TobyS wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:21 am When's the next manga chapter out? Does it have it's own thread? The last one ended with Goku left alone on the planet?
I think it's still complete but there are summaries of the chapters

not that I know.

in this

whis explains that they all returned to their less goku world than they think they did not leave prison planet

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:12 pm

I have seen a lot of people cheering when Fused Zamasu was punched in the face. Do people still have PTSD from his long monologues of the Super anime or...?

Come on people, it wasn't such an impressive punch. In fact, it was pretty average.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:22 pm

it's funny, I liked his speeches but I suppose it was because he contrasted with other characters since zamasu is a dramatical character but now in SDBH is strangely silent

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:23 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:12 pm I have seen a lot of people cheering when Fused Zamasu was punched in the face. Do people still have PTSD from his long monologues of the Super anime or...?

Come on people, it wasn't such an impressive punch. In fact, it was pretty average.
It's the fact that, being kind of a whiny asshole, it's fun to see such a self-righteous and narcissistic being just sucker-punched like it was nothing. This isn't the scary Zamasu that resulted in the darkest ending. This is the guy who cries over the mere notion of mortals being a thing :lol:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:48 am

Nice to hear Takehito Koyasu (Dio) in a Dragon Ball story.

Things have changed for Zamasu, now Jiren could beat him LOL

Goku in Ultra Instinct mode is cool, but too brief.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:50 am

TheRed259 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:12 am Why Zamasu has one of his eyes covered?
My guess is they extracted one of the infinite zamasus as it was getting disintegrated. If they did it too early they risked zeno noticing. That's my headcanon till we get an answer.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:12 am Why Zamasu has one of his eyes covered?
I guess that it's some sort of bandage that he has to keep after healing his corrupted side.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:04 pm

Hey guys! Now that we got info on Lagss, what do you think of her?

P O W E R

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 pm

theTUN wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:28 am This series is incredibly frustrating. Stuff like Jiren’s return or Goku training with the Grand Priest are really big deals that should be saved for Super itself, not a nonsensical promotional series.
I completely agree.

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 am it's first 2 arcs which were centered around the movies, which itself indicates that the producers weren't sure as to if Super wpuld be a success
It only indicates they weren't actually ready, but wanted to strike while the iron was hot, thus producing shit.

It clearly shows how they couldn't care less about quality.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 am I have high hopes for DBS 2.0 and lete assure you that by witnessing DBS: Broly's power scaling, if everything later on uses the movie as a basis, then consistency will hopefully return to the franchise
Broly's power was senseless, so I don't see how that claim makes any sense.

I don't have high hopes for DBS anime because every time I think they can't do it worse, they outdo themselves.
If this was Zamasu from the manga it would make sense, as he still had a physical body.

Unlike the anime version, since there he somehow (it will never be explained) abandoned his physical form and started fusing with the universe and timelines.

Plus, at the time he has only Zamasu as his look, not the fusion version, as if Black Goku died from Trunks' BS-Dama (which make sense).
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:46 am

Melkaniator wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 pm
theTUN wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:28 am This series is incredibly frustrating. Stuff like Jiren’s return or Goku training with the Grand Priest are really big deals that should be saved for Super itself, not a nonsensical promotional series.
I completely agree.

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 am it's first 2 arcs which were centered around the movies, which itself indicates that the producers weren't sure as to if Super wpuld be a success
It only indicates they weren't actually ready, but wanted to strike while the iron was hot, thus producing shit.

It clearly shows how they couldn't care less about quality.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 am I have high hopes for DBS 2.0 and lete assure you that by witnessing DBS: Broly's power scaling, if everything later on uses the movie as a basis, then consistency will hopefully return to the franchise
Broly's power was senseless, so I don't see how that claim makes any sense.

I don't have high hopes for DBS anime because every time I think they can't do it worse, they outdo themselves.
If this was Zamasu from the manga it would make sense, as he still had a physical body.

Unlike the anime version, since there he somehow (it will never be explained) abandoned his physical form and started fusing with the universe and timelines.

Plus, at the time he has only Zamasu as his look, not the fusion version, as if Black Goku died from Trunks' BS-Dama (which make sense).
However, now, we have some evidence as to why Super had bad animation with inconsistent plotlines. In a recent interview (wasn't is with Yamamuro? I might be wrong though..) the person in question said that Toei didn't try to help the production with Super, instead telling them "do your best".

After Broly's success and DB's overall popularity growth in the global market, it would only make sense for the company to produce some higher quality content, due to the fact that there is a high demand of the "product" by the public. Also, after making the movie, Toei's staff will certainly choose the best people for this job.

I don't say that they will absolutely follow this path, but it is only natural, since the increased incomes for the company are the key to this new production.
P O W E R

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:15 am

So what was the next episode date?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:46 am
I don't say that they will absolutely follow this path, but it is only natural, since the increased incomes for the company are the key to this new production.
We'll see, I expect more of the same.

DBS is very similar to DBH, they do it for the merchandise, quality is not a priority clearly.

DBH has more interesting designs though, I'm eagerly waiting for Jiren: Xeno design, not because I like the character (he's one of the worst things to come out of DBS) but because I want to see him with a less generic look.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Have you noticed that a lot of sequels with a "Super" prefix end up being embarrassingly flanderized tropes from the first series? To the point it almost seems fake?

Yeah, welcome to Super DB Heroes. Where Goku trains with the Grand Priest.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:11 pm

NeoKING wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm Have you noticed that a lot of sequels with a "Super" prefix end up being embarrassingly flanderized tropes from the first series? To the point it almost seems fake?

Yeah, welcome to Super DB Heroes. Where Goku trains with the Grand Priest.
Does it say he actually trained with him, or did he just give him some new clothes.

Besides it kinda makes total sense he'd give him a little training if that was the least intervention possible that would resolve the core warrior mess. You can argue this should be in the main series but not that it doesn't make sense imo.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:27 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm
I guess that it's some sort of bandage that he has to keep after healing his corrupted side.
I don't want to be rude, but why are you so obssesed with Zamasu? I've seen you speaking about him and praising him all the time.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 pm

It makes no sense how Hit got nerfed the way he did. And why hasn't Vegeta used SSB and Trunks use SSJ Rage yet?
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:22 pm it's funny, I liked his speeches but I suppose it was because he contrasted with other characters since zamasu is a dramatical character but now in SDBH is strangely silent
My unproven theory is that Koyasu is eating up most of the voice acting budget for this thing, so Miki's lines are being cut down :P (seriously, he's consistently had just 2 lines each episode, along with assorted gasps/reaction sounds).
dbzfan7 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:15 am So what was the next episode date?
Last I saw was just a vague "mid-April" on the Heroes site. Not sure if it's updated since then.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube