Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Shaddy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:43 am

Grimlock wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:04 pm
The personalities are basically the same. While one of them didn't experiece Goku Black and Zamasu, they are both that tragic character. Trunks went to live in a timeline created by Beerus once he defeated Zamasu, that timeline is identical to the present one and will only start looking a bit different once Future Trunks saga doesn't occur to them (assuming Trunks arrived in that timeline just a bit before the actual beginning of the saga).
You can't say that about a hypothetical situation. In a universe where things are fundamentally different enough for an entire planet-threatening super god to never come to power, it's unlikely for that to be the only difference. And if you have any creativity, it certainly shouldn't be.
Grimlock wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:04 pm
As for all the other things mentioned, they're all irrelevant to me. Characters and counterparts from different Universes and dimensions interacting with each other has way more to offer than two of the same person, separated only by timeline, interacting.
Well I'm not here just to please you. Dragon Ball certainly isn't. You're making these rash judgements, telling people what they like is bad and what you like is good on their premise alone, but you dismiss or ignore any discussion on how those premises are executed, because it would hurt your ability to claim your taste is superior. So why discuss?
Grimlock wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:04 pm
Like I said, a fusion of two Trunks would be terrible. Unless they go Dragon Ball Fusions and make some differences to the fused character resulted from ones that look the same, the fused character will still be a Trunks.
I didn't mention HS lightly, one recent story features multiple timelines of characters bleeding into themselves. This leads to them becoming ill and frail, having existential crises, and hurting others. All because being two versions of yourself at once can fucking hurt. Your idea of Dragon Ball tackling this is just what design they have. Why trust your judgement of an idea when your best extrapolation of one is a wardrobe change and a haircut?
Grimlock wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:04 pm
This might get me interested, but for that to happen, Trunks has to return, which I don't think will happen (at least not so soon). And if we saw the last of Trunks now, then none of this will matter anyway.
Sooo it's pretty pointless to bitch about it? If that's what you think, why do you care?

You're saying Dragon Ball should do new things while ignoring new things you don't care about. You're essentially arguing that quality is irrelevant. But you can tell new stories with old material, interesting things with existing plot setups, structures and ideas, but you need to do it well. This arbitrary system of what's an "original premise" is broken, you have to look for good exploration of the ideas presented.

There's a reason GT is "good ideas bad execution" and not "a good Dragon Ball show".
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 am

Shaddy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:43 am
There's a reason GT is "good ideas bad execution" and not "a good Dragon Ball show".
That's an opinion, not a fact. Don't act like it must be shared amongst everyone.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5398
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:56 am

Shaddy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:43 am
You're making these rash judgements, telling people what they like is bad and what you like is good on their premise alone, but you dismiss or ignore any discussion on how those premises are executed, because it would hurt your ability to claim your taste is superior. So why discuss?
Oh yeah, kinda forgot why I don't respond to your crap anymore. You like to put words in someone else's mouth and desperately tries to make the person you are talking to looks like the villain. This is not the first time, but it will be last. I'd highly suggest you drop your nonsense if you don't want to get reported starting next time.

Follow your own advice and don't bother with me. You don't even like Heroes to begin with, so you're in this thread just to cause a stir as you have nothing to contribute here.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Regular
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:26 am

I know the Time Patrol aren't canon (not yet, anyway), but I like to think Future Trunks joins the Time Patrol after his experience with Black trying to destroy multiple timelines, and basically being the proto-Time Breaker. I could see Trunks being especially repentant for the mess he made after all that, plus he's already partnered with a Supreme Kai before, going by the manga. And I assume Mai met Trunks during the resistance (though I may be wrong about that), so the second Mai may never cross paths with the original, and may not even meet her version of Future Trunks.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Shaddy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 am
That's an opinion, not a fact. Don't act like it must be shared amongst everyone.
Wasn't trying to call it a fact (I don't even think GT's ideas are particularly original to be frank), it was simply a very common description of GT that was useful in illustrating my point.
Grimlock wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:56 am
Oh yeah, kinda forgot why I don't respond to your crap anymore. You like to put words in someone else's mouth and desperately tries to make the person you are talking to looks like the villain.
There's no "villain" here. I have seen you dismiss opinions based on surface-value of the premise. Pointing this out isn't antagonizing you, I'm scrutinizing your argument. I like debating people and trying to reach a common answer, but when I ask "why is the premise more important than quality" you ignore the question. You're exaggerating if you think that, or me being unhappy with that, is "making you the villain".
Grimlock wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:56 am
This is not the first time, but it will be last. I'd highly suggest you drop your nonsense if you don't want to get reported starting next time.
I stand by what I've said. I'm looking at the rules right now and I don't think I'm breaking any. Criticizing your rhetoric isn't a personal attack. I have no reason to personally attack you, I don't know you, this is just an internet forum. But in the context of that forum, I don't have to be happy with the things you say, and I'm allowed to voice it.

And hey, if something came across as a personal insult? Sorry. I intend to attack only the things you're saying, not the person you are.
Grimlock wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:56 am
Follow your own advice and don't bother with me. You don't even like Heroes to begin with, so you're in this thread just to cause a stir as you have nothing to contribute here.
I have as much right to be in the Heroes thread as you have to be in any Super thread.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Location: Planet Sadla

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 pm

Okay, since we've gotten waaaay off topic here, I'll guess I'll add my two cents on this Trunks thing. I think what they should've done, if they still did the whole "Zeno destroying Trunks' timeline" thing, just have Whis restore it into a small solar system within his staff, cause hey, he's Whis. That way, the gang can go visit him whenever they want without ever having to resort to time travel (you know, cause they probably don't wanna time travel ever again, because they don't wanna keep upsetting the Gods). I feel like that could've been a much better ending to that arc then what actually happened. But what do you guys think?
Caulifla best girl! :)

User avatar
dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7714
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:57 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 pm
Okay, since we've gotten waaaay off topic here, I'll guess I'll add my two cents on this Trunks thing. I think what they should've done, if they still did the whole "Zeno destroying Trunks' timeline" thing, just have Whis restore it into a small solar system within his staff, cause hey, he's Whis. That way, the gang can go visit him whenever they want without ever having to resort to time travel (you know, cause they probably don't wanna time travel ever again, because they don't wanna keep upsetting the Gods). I feel like that could've been a much better ending to that arc then what actually happened. But what do you guys think?
I wanted them to end up in Cell's timelime, everything would come full circle, since they were using the timemachine Cell stole.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Regular
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:39 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:57 am
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 pm
Okay, since we've gotten waaaay off topic here, I'll guess I'll add my two cents on this Trunks thing. I think what they should've done, if they still did the whole "Zeno destroying Trunks' timeline" thing, just have Whis restore it into a small solar system within his staff, cause hey, he's Whis. That way, the gang can go visit him whenever they want without ever having to resort to time travel (you know, cause they probably don't wanna time travel ever again, because they don't wanna keep upsetting the Gods). I feel like that could've been a much better ending to that arc then what actually happened. But what do you guys think?
I wanted them to end up in Cell's timelime, everything would come full circle, since they were using the timemachine Cell stole.
Wait... Why didn't they go to the Cell timeline? In that timeline, Trunks destroyed the Androids, and that version of Cell was destroyed in the main timeline. So the biggest differences there was that their Trunks was dead and Black never appeared. Maybe Babidi was a problem, but with no strong warriors to steal energy from, I doubt he'd have gotten far. Probably decided to go to a stronger planet to gather energy from there first. If Trunks went back to the Cell timeline, he'd have replaced their dead Trunks. There'd still be two Mais, but with no rebellion against Black, the second Mai would be completely different.

User avatar
Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Back to DBH, will they ever explain how Zamasu survived being erased? Since the story is clearly referencing to DBS' story, but somehow Zamasu is just out there because.

User avatar
Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1512
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Alruneia » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:42 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:25 pm
Back to DBH, will they ever explain how Zamasu survived being erased? Since the story is clearly referencing to DBS' story, but somehow Zamasu is just out there because.
I think there was an episode where Trunks asked about it and it was just handwaved with Zamasu saying something along the lines of "you fool, I am immortal". I suspect the writers felt that that was sufficient, so I don't think it's ever going to actually be explained.
Current avatar: Shizuka Joestar (Adult)

Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Dragon Ball Ultimate (fanfic) progress: 57 out of 100 chapters complete (Currently doing a partial rewrite, 11/20 chapters done)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
(Chapter 11 is currently a fair bit off.)

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:25 pm
Back to DBH, will they ever explain how Zamasu survived being erased? Since the story is clearly referencing to DBS' story, but somehow Zamasu is just out there because.
I believe that they actually went for more of a manga approach. Actually, they probably got confused with the 2 media and thought that infinite Zamasu had million of copies instead of being Astral Zamasu in the anime (it is evident as he wears the Core Warriors armor in his corrupted parts that didn't exist in the manga).

So that one Zamasu escaped due to his ring reacting to the timelime breach and got transported into the past of the Main timelime, but not in the present, rather it's future (post ToP) and remained into hiding until Fu captured him or summoned him in the Core Area of the Prison Planet. Of course with the future timelime erased, this Zamasu couldn't be forced back to it because of the time ring as it didn't exist, thus making the ring useless.

And if you ask why he got that ring, maybe he transported it from another Zamasu to him at the very last moment, or he somehow copied it's properties.
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
Saiga
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8273
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Space Australia

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Saiga » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:57 am

I thought this Zamasu was just meant to come from an alternate timeline, like Fu or Cooler.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:46 am

Saiga wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:57 am
I thought this Zamasu was just meant to come from an alternate timeline, like Fu or Cooler.
:shock: :crazy:

Woah, another timeline Merged Zamasu! Imagine how confusing that would be!
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5398
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:48 pm

Well, there it is. Merged Zamasu was not killed via "frozen in glass then slashed" but betrayed by Hearts and killed with the Universe Seed power. Now let's see how Merged Zamasu will truly perish.

Hearts with the Universe Seed caught the attention of Daishinkan. It kinda reminded of Thanos with the Heart of the Universe. Does that mean Hearts can now fight against Daishinkan? That would be great, been waiting to see him fighting for a long time now.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
ZombieVito
I Live Here
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:20 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:48 pm
Well, there it is. Merged Zamasu was not killed via "frozen in glass then slashed" but betrayed by Hearts and killed with the Universe Seed power. Now let's see how Merged Zamasu will truly perish.

Hearts with the Universe Seed caught the attention of Daishinkan. It kinda reminded of Thanos with the Heart of the Universe. Does that mean Hearts can now fight against Daishinkan? That would be great, been waiting to see him fighting for a long time now.
What do you mean? Did he get erase already?

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12999
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:10 am

Well that was probably the worst one yet. It was super boring to watch and really only one thing I ended up digging, and even then I can already see a lot of people don't like Ultimate Hearts or whatever.

I personally like it because he looks ironically like a godly being. It's like they combined Super Saiyan, Omega Shenlong, and Naruto Six Path's. It's a matter of preference really as I don't see it as really much more gaudy than the likes of Golden Freeza. Perhaps it's hard on the eyes, or maybe too much going on for some. I guess I can say it doesn't leave me bored just looking at it. I tend to lean more on designs where there's more going on, than nothing. Simplicity can be strong too, but I really hope we never go as simple as TOP designs again.

Bet I can predict the next episode. They all get their asses kicked til Goku awakens to Ultra Instinct for the umpteenth's time and then we have a cliff hanger for UI Goku vs Hearts.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
SupremeKai25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:19 am

Ohhh, so that's why they brought back Zamasu for this arc. He just served as a plot device to give Hearts immortality (between Zamasu and Garlic Jr., I too would chose Zamasu). Well, at least we learned what Zamasu's plan was. Plus it was nice seeing his Blades of Judgement in action again.

Sigh, this is what I get for expecting too much from a promotional anime.
"Behold this ultimate vessel. The sword and shield made one. Its strength knows no limits. The power coursing through me is exceptional, glorious, absolute. Stare in awe, I AM JUSTICE INCARNATE!!!"

Zamasu/Fused Zamasu fan.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1620
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 am

Hit truly scared Zamasu more than Jiren. :D

User avatar
MisteryOne
Regular
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 am
Location: Spain

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 am
Hit truly scared Zamasu more than Jiren. :D
This is probably the funniest thing about the episode for me. Without proper context anyone would think that Hit is the big deal out of the three main hitters or whatever you want to call the Goku-Hit-Jiren trio, despite he being pretty much the weakest and less important of them in most media :lol:

I still don't get why Heroes bothered to bring back Zamasu in the first place (outside of fanservice of course, but that's Heroes' point most of the time anyways) and I still find Hearts' new design kinda boring but I liked the "Godslayer" scene. Now, just please have the balls to have him face a Hakaishin even if it isn't Beerus, otherwise this will still lack true meaning for me. I mean, the only reason this whole thing got to this point is because all 12 of them are too busy to bother to try to stop the Core Area warriors. And I thought the FT arc was way too convinient...

Anyways, I'm curious about how Zamasu will go down in the arcade. The most interesting part for me is how the different media are handling this story, with differences being as drastic as having certain characters die only in the anime, or Goku not having used UI in the manga yet (while he has already used it in this anime and iirc he is still in the form when Hearts transforms in the arcade version). Do we know when will we get the next episode yet?
If you want to play some Iceborne hit me up.

Dimitri is best boy and lions are badas, just look at "The One"

English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:07 am

MisteryOne wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 am
Zamasu55 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 am
Hit truly scared Zamasu more than Jiren. :D
This is probably the funniest thing about the episode for me. Without proper context anyone would think that Hit is the big deal out of the three main hitters or whatever you want to call the Goku-Hit-Jiren trio, despite he being pretty much the weakest and less important of them in most media :lol:

I still don't get why Heroes bothered to bring back Zamasu in the first place (outside of fanservice of course, but that's Heroes' point most of the time anyways) and I still find Hearts' new design kinda boring but I liked the "Godslayer" scene. Now, just please have the balls to have him face a Hakaishin even if it isn't Beerus, otherwise this will still lack true meaning for me. I mean, the only reason this whole thing got to this point is because all 12 of them are too busy to bother to try to stop the Core Area warriors. And I thought the FT arc was way too convinient...

Anyways, I'm curious about how Zamasu will go down in the arcade. The most interesting part for me is how the different media are handling this story, with differences being as drastic as having certain characters die only in the anime, or Goku not having used UI in the manga yet (while he has already used it in this anime and iirc he is still in the form when Hearts transforms in the arcade version). Do we know when will we get the next episode yet?
Uh Dude Goku did use UI in the SDBH Manga

Post Reply