Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:05 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:25 am Well, yeah, the existence of any god--especially one like the Zen-ou--is offensive to the sensibilities of mortals. Nobody should have that kind of power over someone.
For me, it's more the fact that Zeno is so childish and trigger happy with his abilities. I'm surprised so many universes have even survived this long.

If he was wise, compassionate, and extremely hesitant to actually use that power on the scale of a whole universe, it would be a lot more acceptable.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:42 pm

Hearts is right which I find funny. Extreme methods aside I honestly agree with his view haha.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:43 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:05 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:25 am Well, yeah, the existence of any god--especially one like the Zen-ou--is offensive to the sensibilities of mortals. Nobody should have that kind of power over someone.
For me, it's more the fact that Zeno is so childish and trigger happy with his abilities. I'm surprised so many universes have even survived this long.

If he was wise, compassionate, and extremely hesitant to actually use that power on the scale of a whole universe, it would be a lot more acceptable.
There's nobody to hold him accountable, though. A tyrant is a tyrant, whether head causes suffering or not.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:42 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:43 pm

There's nobody to hold him accountable, though. A tyrant is a tyrant, whether head causes suffering or not.
Well there is the other him. If only he wasn't just as childish and trigger happy.

EDIT: I guess that's why Marvel's Living Tribunal does a good job... he can't act unless all 3 of his faces agree.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:49 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:42 pm Hearts is right which I find funny. Extreme methods aside I honestly agree with his view haha.
Yeah but his plan had no sense. You love mortals? What's the point of attacking them? Why didn'te he head to Zeno right away?

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:51 pm

I do agree with how easy Hearts was beaten in the end, after all of that.
Makes me wonder how he will actually be like in the card game.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:02 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:49 pm
dbzfan7 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:42 pm Hearts is right which I find funny. Extreme methods aside I honestly agree with his view haha.
Yeah but his plan had no sense. You love mortals? What's the point of attacking them? Why didn'te he head to Zeno right away?
He had to gather enough energy first, and that required taking it from mortals, I guess.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Anyway Hearts was just another of Fuu's puppets I suppose.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:20 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:07 amIf they didn't put so much charging up and stares in episode 18, they could've had all this crappy little fight that spanned unnecessarily for two episodes in just one.
Welcome to Dragon Ball!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:20 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:02 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:49 pm
He had to gather enough energy first, and that required taking it from mortals, I guess.
I did say extreme methods hah. I think you can be right, but go about your viewpoint wrong.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:52 pm

So what's special about this next special coming out with Mechikabura? Is it just because it's a one off? Is it a longer episode?

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 am

I've watched the new episode and I was heartbroken when I saw Hearts' death. His intentions were "good", even though it wasn't the best way to do it. He really reminds me of Zamasu. Actually, for me, it is Zamasu in a human version. I can't wait for the special episode too !

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:58 am

Scientist Fu wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 am I've watched the new episode and I was heartbroken when I saw Hearts' death. His intentions were "good", even though it wasn't the best way to do it. He really reminds me of Zamasu. Actually, for me, it is Zamasu in a human version. I can't wait for the special episode too !
He is like Zamasu. He has good intentions but his methods are extreme. It's funny how these two are so similar when they basically want the opposite. I suppose that's what makes their relationship entertaining to watch, you're always wondering who's going to betray who first, because it's clear these two people don't really trust each other when one wants to destroy all mortals and the other wants to free all mortals.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:15 am

It's amazing how this could take so many cool, hype ideas and waste them. Gogeta, Jiren and Hit teaming up to take on a multiverse-threatening enemy is the latest in a long line. Also, Hit shouldn't be doing beam struggles. If they had any imagination, Gogeta and Jiren would be taking the blast from the front while Hit phases in behind Hearts to smack him in the balls with a pool cue. Not literally of course, but that would have been fun...

Hearts' genuinely good final speech was wasted on this. Also, Jiren asking Gogeta why they didn't fuse against him could have been set up for a decent gag, instead we just got the standard Vegeta line. You should be over this by now, modern Vegeta. You boring, stale character.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm

I hope this was the last "episode".

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Sani007 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm I hope this was the last "episode".
Nope.

Late February there's a special focused on the Time Patrol battle against the Demon Realm and in March the second season starts.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:11 pm

I agree. The Olympin gods are similar.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:44 am

So how was Hearts able to erase Fused Zamasu again? I get that he became very powerful, but that alone shouldn't be enough to erase an immortal being. Especially since Fused Zamasu already survived Zeno's Erase technique thanks to Fu's intervention.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:32 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:44 am So how was Hearts able to erase Fused Zamasu again? I get that he became very powerful, but that alone shouldn't be enough to erase an immortal being. Especially since Fused Zamasu already survived Zeno's Erase technique thanks to Fu's intervention.
I thought he didn't 'erase' him, but rather converted him into energy and absorbed him. So Zamasu is probably still drifting around as disembodied energy somewhere after Hearts died.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:45 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:15 am It's amazing how this could take so many cool, hype ideas and waste them. Gogeta, Jiren and Hit teaming up to take on a multiverse-threatening enemy is the latest in a long line. Also, Hit shouldn't be doing beam struggles. If they had any imagination, Gogeta and Jiren would be taking the blast from the front while Hit phases in behind Hearts to smack him in the balls with a pool cue. Not literally of course, but that would have been fun...

Hearts' genuinely good final speech was wasted on this. Also, Jiren asking Gogeta why they didn't fuse against him could have been set up for a decent gag, instead we just got the standard Vegeta line. You should be over this by now, modern Vegeta. You boring, stale character.
Yeah, like when did Hit become that strong to be useful in a Jiren and Gogeta Blue beam struggle? he was below SSB level during the U6 arc, and didn't seem to surpass that level at the ToP, and did nothing special in SDBH. Aside from clever strategies like you just proposed there is really nothing he could bring to the table at this level.
Hakaishin Toppo, SS2 Kefla, Golden Metal Cooler(what the hell happened to him?), even bringing in Broly would've been a much more logical and interesting thing to try. Perhaps even Cumber betraying Hearts would've been more refreshing. I'll go overboard and call for Beerus. Jiren, Gogeta and Beerus.

Luckily, this mediocre anime does not reflect how the game is, which I've been hearing is really cool.