Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:48 pm

So, who's the saiyan Goku and Jiren are about to fight? SS3 Bardock?

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:39 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:48 pm So, who's the saiyan Goku and Jiren are about to fight? SS3 Bardock?
Yes

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:02 pm

I know its not canon or made with each in mind but kinda timeline wise is the pre granollah?

Does Goku know Bardock?

And if so, they probably wont address it due to being in production before no?

So we know the Namek is Piccolo Jr. not Nail or anyone else?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:44 pm

Heroes hasn't acknowledged the manga so I don't see that changing now

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:33 pm

Episode 43:

An average animated episode

- Was that Piccolo Black? Kinda interesting concept if these hooded warriors are "corrupted" heroes from a different timelines that now are Aios henchmen

- What is actually the objective of this Tournament? I though they would fight people from other timelines, but now I see they have to defeat the hooded warriors in order to advance?

- I liked how Future Gohan was introduced here, angry because he was too weak to protect Bulma and Trunks, but also a bit contrived that he was assisted to Aios in order to get stronger. His fight with Future Trunks was only good because of the dialogue, the rest was pretty meh.

- So next time we will have Goku & Jiren vs. SSJ3 Bardock? Well, that's Heroes for ya lol but I expect some good interactions from it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:57 pm

Still no word on episode 44?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:31 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:57 pm Still no word on episode 44?
Not that I can see.

Also sick of YouTube the fake next episodes people put up just for clicks drives me insane and you can't see dislikes before you click it sucks. They need to do something about this, they won't ofc.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:32 am

Today's episode was great! Waiting for the subs to enjoy it fully, but things happened and characters were moving, so it was better than the usual :thumbup:

It also made me laugh at one point too and I assume 'that' part will be many people's favorite :lol:

Exciting cliffhanger, can't wait for next ep already!

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:41 am

I like how Yamcha's been getting moments in this story, both in the manga and the anime, beyond just being a punchline. I mean, his inclusion is totally played for laughs, but he actually does things! And now he's gotten someone to call him darling, too. :lol:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:31 pm

Yamcha's portrayla and character in this arc really feels like a Toriyama idea.

That said, Black Clothes Bardock's maximum power seems to be SS3(possibly going SS3Full Power at the end), which implies he's not Bardock:Xeno who is able to go SS4

Pity they didn't show us the fight itself, but I like we get them before the final clash, with Bardock being quite tired, implying UI-Omen Goku was reasonably stronger, which was then confirmed by the beam clash

Also great how Bardock was all proud that Kakarot was kicking his ass LOL

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:07 pm

Come on Yamamuro, let Shida do a Yamcha fight scene!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:39 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:07 pm Come on Yamamuro, let Shida do a Yamcha fight scene!
Oh man, imagine the rioting from the best DB fight ever being with YAMCHA of all characters!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:31 pm

Well, in case there was any doubt, this episode confirms all of this takes place before Granolah saga (and Moro saga, for that matter), as Goku still doesn't recognize Bardock. And this will continue to be the case until Granolah saga is animated. Goku not recognizing Bardock, Bardock not telling who he is... I sure hope this changes if Granolah saga is ever animated, it's becoming a bit boring.

Always a pleasure to see characters wearing something else, and this time Bardock resembling Goku with that shirt. Didn't expect to see something like that. Thank you Heroes for another awesome costume change.

This is the third incarnation of Bardock, by the way. He's not a pre-Time Breaker Bardock or a post-Time Breaker Bardock and he's not Xeno Bardock either. It seems this one had just got Super Saiyan 3 for the first time thanks to the Dark Dragon Balls, and he doesn't have Super Saiyan 4 like the other two ones. If he sticks around until November, he might get Super Full Power Saiyan 4 - Limit Break, though.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:42 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:31 pm Well, in case there was any doubt, this episode confirms all of this takes place before Granolah saga (and Moro saga, for that matter), as Goku still doesn't recognize Bardock. And this will continue to be the case until Granolah saga is animated. Goku not recognizing Bardock, Bardock not telling who he is... I sure hope this changes if Granolah saga is ever animated, it's becoming a bit boring.

Always a pleasure to see characters wearing something else, and this time Bardock resembling Goku with that shirt. Didn't expect to see something like that. Thank you Heroes for another awesome costume change.

This is the third incarnation of Bardock, by the way. He's not a pre-Time Breaker Bardock or a post-Time Breaker Bardock and he's not Xeno Bardock either. It seems this one had just got Super Saiyan 3 for the first time thanks to the Dark Dragon Balls, and he doesn't have Super Saiyan 4 like the other two ones. If he sticks around until November, he might get Super Full Power Saiyan 4 - Limit Break, though.
Wait, how many Bardocks are there outside the game? In the manga we saw one who thought king vegeta alongside Paragus, who's the same one who thought Mira alongside trunks earlier.

Isn't he the same one all the way through? When did he use ss4

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:18 pm

Outside of the game there are two (or three):

• Bardock.
• TV Special Bardock / OVA Bardock.

The TV Special and OVA ones are the same to me, so there are two as far as I'm concerned.

In Dragon Ball Heroes there are three (or four):

• Bardock / (post-)Time Breaker Bardock.
Xeno Bardock.
• Warrior in Black.

It's Xeno Bardock who fights Xeno King Vegeta. It's post-Time Breaker Bardock who fights Mira alongside Trunks.

The confusion (and I'm surprised it took this long for someone to ask me about this, it is a bit confusing) lies in the nomenclature. As you can see by the images, what I call "(post-)Time Breaker Bardock", Heroes calls "Xeno Bardock", so technically there are two "Xeno Bardocks" in the game, but they are not the same.
That's why I call the one who becomes a Time Breaker, well, "Time Breaker Bardock", to avoid that confusion. He's the same as the regular Bardock to me (for that reason, I tend to say "post-Time Breaker Bardock", when he's no longer wearing a mask, to help clarify who I mean), but he can be your "fourth Bardock", if you want to see him as another incarnation of this character.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:37 pm

Episode 44

Man, this episode was just amazing, fairly decent animation but really good plotwise

- Bardock turning into SSJ3 is probably one of the best transformation scenes of this form.

- Guess they will keep pushing him as the only Saiyan to not get his tail golden by turning into Super Saiyan

- Though UI Sign would feel weird with a shirt, but was not like that at all.

- I feel they missed the opportunity to have Bardock much like Vader and say "I'm your father!" But, part of me thinks they are saving that for a future storyline if the anime ever comes back.

- Vegeta was such a badass and the gag between Yamcha, Hit and the girls were kinda funny lol

- I was about to say "meh, another beam struggle" but that one was better than most presented on this series.

- Supreme Kai confronting Aios just make me feel repetitive and say (again) how much I wanted a storyline like that in main anime.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:47 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:18 pm It's Xeno Bardock who fights Xeno King Vegeta. It's post-Time Breaker Bardock who fights Mira alongside Trunks.
First: you are forgetting "Impossible" SS4 Bardock, which is the first SS4 Bardock we see.
He's just a time anomaly and don't know what happens to him.

Second: Masked Saiyan\Time Breaker Bardock _IS_ Time Patroller Bardock.
He just gets a change of clothes from Chronoa(i think we literally see it in one of the openings of the game).
See also how he uses the Time Breaker mask to power-up against King Vegeta:Xeno.

So we actually have:
  • Minus\Super Bardock(for short: Bardock:Manga) - this one is the "canon" Bardock of the current main DB canon.
  • "TV Special" Bardock (for short: Bardock:TV) - this one is the "classic" Bardock who has been pretty much the only canon until Minus\Broly.
    All other Bardocks 'till now appears to be his variants:
    • "Episode of Bardock" Bardock(for short: Bardock:EoB) - a Bardock:TV who end up in the past and turned into the Super Saiyan feared by Freeza's clan
    • Bardock:Xeno - the Bardock:TV rescued by Mira and Towa to become Masked Saiyan and recurring character in every time-related shenanigans involving Time Patrol or Time Breakers.
      He'd later break free and go on joining the fight against the Dark Demon Realm with new clothes(courtesy of Kaioshin of Time) and gain SS4 against King Vegeta:Xeno.
    • "Impossible" SS4 Bardock - a time anomaly who did appear when events with the Dark Demon Realm were messing up time.(I think Universe Mission 7? Feel free to correct me on this). We know he's a variant of Bardock:TV because of his pants and side-armor.
      His fate is unknown.
    • "Warrior in Black" Bardock(in short: Bardock:Black) - a Bardock who found himself outside "regular history" somehow and was rescued\enlisted by the previous Kai of Time, Aeon.
      He got his powers unlocked by the Dark Shenron but can reach only SS3. This means he cannot be neither Impossible Bardock nor Bardock:Xeno.
      I personally suspect he might be Bardock:EoB specifically because it would tidy up things nicely and fit Aeon's goals.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:49 am

I'm pretty sure I've seen leaked pages and this Bardock flashes back to speaking to supreme Kai of time in the gear he fought king vegeta.

I think the game has more versions due to filler fights and not giving a shit but I'm struggling to find why the manga Bardock can't just be the same guy actually

Also for what it's worth xenoverse 2 implies that the stolen Bardock is episode of Bardock. They mention he broke out of their mind control once and fled to the distant past I'm pretty sure that's a direct reference, as well as setting precedence for his rebelliousbess in general.
I assume the same is true here I think it's best to consolidate the number of Bardocks as much as possible.

Yeah pretty sure xeno Bardock puts the mask on and only goes ss3 Vs king vegeta. So manga wise it tracks being the same guy

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:51 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:47 amFirst: you are forgetting "Impossible" SS4 Bardock, which is the first SS4 Bardock we see.
He's just a time anomaly and don't know what happens to him.
I didn't. I just don't see a reason to count him as yet another version of him. Still, you can approach this in a number of ways, which is why I probably should have added "I think" somewhere in my post, sorry.

But yeah, it seems Xeno Bardock is Warrior in Black, at least in the manga continuity for now. A lot of questions incoming... Let's see if UGM5 (arcade) answers some of them.

~ War of the Dinobots ~